Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter
7 minutes ago, jre84 said:

I think he needs to address 8k..will it matter at 1.2.3.4 feet away and do blind tests to see the results...should we invest in 4k or jump to 8k

Done already about a year ago around the 30 series GPU launch, they got various people from staff evaluate it.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

7 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Done already about a year ago around the 30 series GPU launch, they got various people from staff evaluate it.

30 series launched a year ago already??

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

Hey, are you guys interested in a follow-up to the $5k/10yo dual slot mobo video?

One of my old workstations, built circa 2013 (hilariously around the announcement of the Mac "Trashcan" Workstation according to a Verge article I just pulled up), is about to be upgraded to X570 Rysen 5950X from a Dual LGA1366 Xeon via the EVGA 270-WS-W555-A2 Classified SR-2, Not to mention the Coolers, Ram, and GPU, of the same era.

Considering that my old hardware is closer to a historical artifact than a "few generation back sweet deal" that I could squeeze a couple hundred bucks out of for the upgrade, I was thinking the entertainment value of seeing this thing on video is MUCH higher than what I could possibly get out of it on FB marketplace. Just seeing the only HPTX sized motherboard I know of on screen would be pretty sweet.

Best regards and deepest appreciation for the work you guys do,
Nathan Guzman

Hey I've got an idea, not sure whether or not its a good one but I'll shoot my shot anyways! Long time viewer, particularly of Linus before he started up the tech tips channel back when he worked for NCIX, I watched a video of his nearly a decade ago when I got my first gaming PC I ever bought. This one went way back this was the Explorer 3, the compact PC built to mimic the consoles of the time like Xbox360. Long story short I still have the same PC, and well, its old, very old. Aside from the PSU which I replaced a few years back, its running on original parts. Now, I really loved the videos on putting ridiculous hardware into smaller, more unorthodox cases to make them challenge builds, like the pyramid, or the xbox PC, but this thing is pretty nuts it has very little room for work in. Well I was wondering if you wanted to do a video seeing what you could fit in it, I'm neighboring in white rock and basically it just collects dust now cause its too old to run the games I got into, and now I'm on my gfs laptop. Got some attached pictures, if you find this to be promising just let me know at mace_palframan@hotmail.com, I figured I might be able to sell Linus on the nostalgia 😉 Either way thanks a lot, and best wishes!

198691302_DSC_0019(2).JPG

1716725120_DSC_0017(4).JPG

1067296094_DSC_0015(4).JPG

On 3/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Got a fairly unique request that I'm curious if LTT's is interesting in covering. I work as a Senior Tech at Fortune 500 company and I'm curious about your opinion on a certain product. While I know it isn't sexy or trendy, Covid has reminded A LOT of people about the importance of keeping their devices clean. Especially when accumulated dust over time can have such a detrimental effect on air cooled system's performance. I clean hundreds of systems (Laptops/ desktops/accesories) in my day to day post repair.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in reviewing a product that effectively no longer exists, but could. Especially if both the company that makes it and users saw how much it actually does. Its a cleaner that is a spray foaming agent, though contains no CFCs. Its easy to apply, has nearly no fumes, removes all grease and fingerprints, residue and most odors AND only takes a single spray to apply with no need to reapply. It is legit the only cleaner that I've seen do this and not damage the product (Glass, plastic, metals or alloys) AND work as an Anti-Static.

In fact I want to send you one of the last cans I have in my personal stock just so you guys can try it out and compare it to any cleaners you might use. Would this be possible????
https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/87d89114-12a4-4cf9-926b-230dd2d370c7_1.f44c1eb656b4dcb2139ab543b64e80c5.jpeg

I still have hope that if there is enough interest in this product, 3M might bring it back. Its amazing.

OH and one more thing, please don't confuse this with the same named wipes or similar looking "Desk and Office Cleaner" They are chemically completely different. The wipes are nothing more than generic alchol wipes and the Desk/Office cleaner is somehow less effective AND yet more damaging to hardware.

Hi everyone at Linus Media Group

I just wanted Linus to speak up against fake review on YouTube. There are so many fake review and people actually believe it to be legit.
for example: the Intel 12th gen release today (28/10) but there are so many "benchmark" video uploaded 4 5 days ago.

Those fake channel have thousands of view on each video. Only Linus have the reach to help the misinform.
I say this because I cared about the gamer community and don't want them to be made wrong decision based on faked info.

This type of fake video are not only about PC part, but also with phone review (performance and camera) and some other tech product .
Mrwhosetheboss (phone reviewer guy) already made a video about this type of fake video, but i think this problem would required more than 1 guys.

I don't think my request will ever be considered, but I think I need to say this, maybe luck will bring you here.
This problem is too short to be a full video but maybe you could put it in the WAN show.

here is the worst offender: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5i6PESNUrinW_hrC2Pn4MA

Thank you for your time reading this.

I am so pissed I have to created an account just to talk about this.

fa.PNG

A roundup of taller motherboards that support things like a 3090 with multiple other useable PCIe slots. Like if you needed a capture card plus an additional PCIe card for like networking or something.

I'd like to see a grain bin fan used to cool a PC. I'm a dairy farmer and have 4 large grain bins that all have fans, though technically they're used for drying, not cooling. However, it would be neat to see how cool it can get. It'd be slightly expensive, and very loud, but those fans move an insane amount of air. Plus the dairy industry needs the support. Exposure like that would be really awesome.

I recently discovered pcie to pci adapters. Would be a fun experiment to see what all you can do with them. I found a video where a guy used one to plug a video card into a super old computer. It would be entertaining to see a pentium 3 mine ethereum with a 3090.

pixelpipes did a couple videos on the gtx 610/520 the last afaik gpu to support old school pci

On 3/20/2019 at 3:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Water proof pc.... nope you did that one.... umm

Fastest pc cases but with wheels so like 0 to 60 fast not benchmark fast could be fun video

Ultimate lag challenge try to make a PC that lags in every way display, mouse input, keyboard input, then try to get a head shot in csgo which can lead to a comment/ conversation of how good computers have gotten,  honestly. I remember not long ago playing wow and lag was so bad people would warp across maps i would warp/ glitch into walls and thats not really a thing anymore

Hi everybody,

few days ago i stumpble upon some footage of a youtuber actually tryin to run an SSD PCi hardware raid on a PS5.

as we all know those SSD arent cheap and therefore it caught my attention.

I bought and SSD myself for my playstation 5 and buying it i immediatly started thinking how cheap it could be to upgrade it later on with a second SSD if i could find a way to put 2 or more of those in my playstation.

So... dear Linus i would appreciate it if you could take some Gen4 Raid card and slam it into your PS5 and see if .....
1. Can you breach the 4TB limit
2..Can you actually run an SSD Raid Card on a PS5.

Kind regards.

@Whitesharkmerged to video suggestion thread.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

I am interested if you could take us into a real world IT team. For example I work in the IT field at a Hospital and ever since Covid hit it has been a mad house. I think it may be cool to show case a hospital like Vidant Health (where I work) or similar easier to reach facility. Obliviously this could be very complicated and take a lot of planning. IE working out a system a where all patient information is hidden or company systems that are too delicate. I think somewhere like a hospital system would be interesting to review because they have mass data storage systems, EHR systems, an ever evolving security department (because all the bad guys are using Covid related  stress to aim at our important data. It could be any fast pace IT department (not just a hospital), but the reason I think this is important is this side of the industry is very rarely exposed. IT jobs are fast pace, you never stop learning, and especially in the beginning can be back breaking labor. (Imagine having a 20 person team to replace 10K computers). All that being said can be very rewarding knowing you are supplying a service that helps save people lives. Also thank you Linus and team, my journey started watching your videos! And continues because of the excited material put out about Information and Technology.

I have 2 very different video suggestions for you for a long time on my mind... so that i finally registered to the Forum:
1. LTT deeper cover of  barrier-free gaming...

I work as a Social/Healthcare-Assistant for disabled persons in Germany... there are a lot of disabled persons really interested in gaming. There are a lot of known tools like Tobii-eye or the XBox Adaptive Controller and i know you covered them in videos... but I know even spastic persons so invested into it... they even started to code their own open source ai-motion-tracking to filter what's spastic-move and whats a command based on the Xbox Camera for them self to get better control in games. And also persons programed mouth/ tung joysticks of their automated wheelchairs to use them while connected to the Pc for in game Controls. Individual different disabilities need different tools to help people to get access into it. I really think an new actualized LTT deeper and wider journalistic cover of this topic could outcome as a potential great video. There are a lot of Persons from related organizations social groups and forums to give a wider voice on that topic... stuff to say about what manufactures of tools controllers and software/games could do even better... also gameification of former exhausting and boring phisyotherapy exercises... hell even a Pc build up for special needs could be possible and i personal think that Linus with his style and influence in the tech industry could present to cover this topic really good. And i think a lot of LTT-Viewers could find this very interesting and positive. 

2. An refoaming/reconeing of speakers video:
A potential to safe money to get good bang for the buck audio-setup is to buy used "broken" labeled speakers... people often think they are broken but just have an old cracked up foam ring and so they sell even very expensive speakers really cheap in the used market as broken...  Its really not hat hard to do this repairs but time consumeing to do it good (cleaning of old adhesive from  the thin parts of cone can take long...) There are a lot of just tutorial-videos even from foam-ring manufacturers can be found online... but i also think this is such a great way of safe money that an LTT-cover of that topic get this better known under gamers... this even could fit in a scrap-yard wars challenge...

There have been multiple videos on small PCs. "We made a portable PC." "This PC is built into the desk." "Can you believe this can run games on ultra settings?" etc. Now what if, hear me out, you went the opposite route? I'm talking about non-server PC that has all of it's parts (including peripherals) picked solely based on hugeness. It would be really fun to see what kind of a monster it would turn out to be! Maybe the priority should be with the case and then pick parts that fit that but are still huge. Cooling solutions can of course be ludicrously big, but maybe it's better to stick with commercially available products intended for PCs.

Besides the meme value, it would show how size really isn't everything (or so I've been told), as there must be better options that are smaller and more efficient. You could call it a PC for giants or something. Just a thought.

Keep up the great work!

Hi LMG team!

Anthony had a video about HDDs about 7-8 months ago, and I would be interested to follow that up with questions regarding AMDs StoreMI V2. I currently run a 3900x with a 6800xt at 3440X1440… my OS is on a pure Samsung NVME drive but I have an m.2 sata SSD 1TB and a 1TB cheaper nvme drive than the Samsung. I also have two 6 gig seagate barracuda pros from a previous system. I linked the two HDDs to the 2 non OS M.2s using storemis caching solution mainly to run single player, larger file games while online games go onto my C drive. Should I sick it up and just upgrade to a large extra nvme, or is AMDs storemi tech good enough for now? I figured there must be other people interested in caching HDDs in 2021 so I figured it may make a good follow up video!

Thank you!

Hello LMG,

This is a request for my own selfish desires. I know that LTT has dabbled into Linux from time to time. I believe LTT is the idle plateform to promote the use and adoption of GNU/Linux. LTT can help the Linux community and at the same time explore diversification options and create even more great content. Wouldn’t it be cool to do a video with Distro Tube?

1 hour ago, Bradlys said:

Hello LMG,

This is a request for my own selfish desires. I know that LTT has dabbled into Linux from time to time. I believe LTT is the idle plateform to promote the use and adoption of GNU/Linux. LTT can help the Linux community and at the same time explore diversification options and create even more great content. 

They're right in the middle of a "switching to Linux for a month" challenge with at least 3-4 videos.

Not sure it's going to go the way some might be hoping for about promoting it given the problems so far, but... 😄

F@H

GPD Win 2

As the average consumer and tech lover I like keeping my devices dust free could you do a video comparing all of the different option available.

Could you make a video about color calibrating monitors? A guide and some tips for gamers that want to get the most out of their monitors when the reviews say it needs a calibration to be at its best.

Less of a video idea, but more a new channel idea.

An SMB Tech Channel for small business.

- Not everyone needs a Cisco switch or Rackmount Tape Backup system.  

- But don't know even the basics.

- Not all IT Techs know either.

Some is covered in your channels already, but is mainly because of accidental crossover, then design.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Just saw your video on PGS.

One potential use of the material could be to increase the transfer rate of heatpipes or create a brand new way to transfer heat in heatsinks (for pc. I'm sure someone somewhere though of it already).

So three concept ideas to bring to the test :

- Full heatpipe (manufaccturing is the problem)

- Vapor chamber on the contact plate and then copper core covered in PGS soldered to each side to transfer heat to the heatsink. The problem here is to ensure proper contact between the PGS layer exterior surface and the vapor chamber to maximize heat transfer

- Simple core cover in PGS with the addition of thermal paste (easiest but most probable to fail)

The main problems on those concepts are the following :

- Does PGS radiate heat from surface to exterior or just transfers it radially ? In the later case, how to ensure proper contact between materials (indium soldering on the bottom and top of the PGS sheet could be a solution.)

- If the improved heatpipe is to be made (provided PGS in fact radiates heat from its surface to the external material in contact) : how to ensure structural integrity (struts spacing and thickness)

I think it could make for a great mid to long term project and the subject of a series of videos :

- Concept, engineering challenges, needs in terms of prototypes production,

- when reaching the end of prototype production - testing and conclusion.

(By the way : I'm no engineer, not good at maths and have only slight knowledge in terms of production and project management so... mostly sees this as a concept and cool idea)

concept PGS heatpipe.png

On 3/21/2019 at 2:46 AM, CPotter said:

Linus Tech Tips

On 3/21/2019 at 2:46 AM, CPotter said:

Linus Tech Tips

This prebuilt from msi has sodimm ram slot , got it to know by a friend

https://www.msi.com/Desktop/Aegis-3/Specification

On 3/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, CPotter said:

Linus Tech Tips

Hey wassup fellow gamers. Tomorrow I will be ordering this. I've been waiting for them to release the next gen stuff. It's finally here. I want to see someone put this to the test. It's water cooled soft tubing with a signature  series case with the new 12th gen cpu. Build time is around a month.  I'm willing to send it straight to yall to do a video on it. People loved the 17s video that you made. Now I want to see a desktop in all its glory. As long as Linus dosent lob it across the room lmao. My email is morpheousf@gmail.com let me know what you think  Screenshot_20211031-233431_MEGA.thumb.jpg.439757040cd3028b86aa7f0528e8349d.jpg