Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

I would love LTT to test several USBC external nvme drive enclosures that give an option to pass power through and test them on aya neo and devices like that for the upcoming steam deck. These would be small ones ideal to attach to the back of the device. Hell if LTT came out with one that was affordable and worked great I would look into purchasing one from you guys.

Hi. I'm an obese person, and I managed to halt my quarantine weight gain by buying a room bike, but that's about it. My weight stopped going up, but didn't start going down. That's a win I guess.

I've been eyeing one of those treadmill desks. I heard that even standing desks aren't the best idea, since you are still stationary, when people should be moving around. Looks promising, since one of the only times I ever managed to maintain a healthy weight reduction was when I walked to work on a daily basis. However they are a bit pricy.

Every review on yutub were either suspiciously faux reviews (one of those faceless showcase videos we all know and hate) or came from kinda ghetto setups, combining a standing desk with a regular treadmill. The couple that looked ok were praising the thing left and right,

So, I was wondering if anyone on the team would be willing to use one as their workstation for month or so and then make a video about it. Seems the purpose made ones usually have a snail's pace as the slowest setting, so even work that requires precise mouse movements aren't that heavily impacted, and most people just got a stool to sit on whenever they required absolute pinpoint accuracy (drawing, for example).

Cheers.

EDIT: forgot to mention that trying some games would be also cool to see, and more than the usual token csgo, since I bet it would impact different genres vastly differently.

SO I have been thinking lately, given that it's summer, it's humid, I'm a gross sweaty person.......... what if I had a way to cool my arms/hands while gaming so I wouldn't have to go all sweaty palms mode on my mouse/gamepad? Now I don't have a GREAT idea for this, but I was thinking a re-skinned air hockey table with adjustable fan speed might be a good starting point. I was ALSO thinking that people who are more experienced/capable/creative/etc etc would be better suited to come up with something than I would be..... and it would give me something to copy off of for a better end result myself lmao. Maybe this is a bit too weird, but maybe it's just weird enough!

What about making a water cooled pc using only parts from wish/aliexpress?

Another related video would be to put the two “cheap” online retailers against each other by building 2 pc’s built with only parts purchased on their respective sites. There could be a budget limit defined after some research to see what a mid range pc would cost. Think of it like a scrapyard wars: online retailer edition.

With the high RTX memory temperatures there has been a ton of discussion on thermal pads but also there is a new (to me at least) and not very well known thermal putty that claims 10 w/mk (TG-PP10) sold by digikey (TG-PP10-50 t-Global Technology | Fans, Thermal Management | DigiKey)

A thermal comparison between the leading thermal pads, thermal putty, and a pros/cons of both would be great.  I've grown to appreciate the ability of the putty to be used with laptops particularly as higher performance thermal pads tend to be too dense and either don't conform well enough to allow consistent proper contact while also not impeding the GPU/CPU contact with laptop coolers (and full cover waterblocks).

I would be very interesting to see a comparison and weather or not the 10w/mk claim adds up.

Would really love to see this reviewed: https://store.minisforum.com/products/hx90

Might be nice to compare with the recently-reviewed Beast Canyon, as a sort of team red / team blue NUC shootout

With almost 200 pages of suggestions I've no idea if something like this has been suggested yet.

With all those gaming builds you've done and phones you reviewed have you considered doing a video or perhaps even a series of videos on game development?

Maybe you could even go a step further and build a simple game of your own vlogging the process of how you did it.

bring all the mods on this forum to ltt hq and make a competition, winner wins something

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Do a review of Husqvarna Automower® Robotic Lawn Mower

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

You should build a portable full atx computer into a case like the attached pictures

Screenshot_20210813-225656_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210813-225646_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210813-225628_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210813-225652_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just found an interesting security system that may align with Linus's views for a home security system. There called Ajax and they seem very open for there tech. They don't use cloud systems and instead it's all hosted locally on a small router looking box. Think it's also more than just home sensors and they also do live panic button broadcasting to whoever you choose to be your panic partner. They seem to be growing in europ however I've not t seen anything about them in America so thought I'd bring it to your attention to see if it's something worth looking into for Linus or just a video.

Hi all,

I’m in the market for a new laptop that’s going to aid me in training neural networks. I’m wondering what the best laptop is for deep learning 2021?

How about reviewing the IBM power nine computer or the workstation that would be really interesting since I really don’t see you guys talk about IBM related processors at all would love to see some benchmark send whatever  you guys can perform

Video Idea ! 

Looking at the recent "forgetting to remove the plastic off of the CPU cooler" got me thinking, an average lifespan of an AIO is roughly 5-7 years? Right? What about an air cooler? How efficient would a 10 year old heatsink be today? I personally have been using a Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 Black edition for the past 11 years on my daily rig and the black coating has pretty much peeled off at a lot of places and yet the cooler still works perfect. 36C idle temps with a 28C ambient room. Been carrying this from core2quad to i7 4th gen to now i5 8th gen. Say how would it fare against a more modern highly demanding CPU?

PSX_20210611_202657.jpg

PSX_20210611_202737.jpg

On 3/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

I came across this on Amazon and feel it would be a good product to put too the test. It says for Switch and Consoles. I believe you may have tested a cable they have as well, but the video I want to see is it tested on a PC

Upgrade Your Nintendo Switch and Retro Game Consoles with mClassic Graphics Enhancer for Real-Time Image Sharpening, Color Correction, Anti-Aliasing and Dot-Crawl Elimination https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07X6KDQ98/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_RRSFVQNKRGRYJDYTXMWC

I have no idea if this was done before (so many videos on the channel), so forgive me if i'm suggesting something that exists.

Linus is notorious for dropping things, so why not do a video about the fall resistance of many PC parts?

Although the most useful would probably be a keyboard and mouse.

Scrapyard Wars season 9

corona virus/social distancing edition? 🙂 

A secret shopper series but this time with major PC part companies like Asrock, EVGA, Asus, MSI, etc. Would be nice to see who has the best buying support and tech support out of these companies. 

On 3/21/2019 at 2:46 AM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Hey LTT team, 
I am about to start my Engineering in CSE department and i have a DELL inspiron 3028 series all-in-one pc. Yesterday i happened to dissasemble it and check if i can upgrade the stock parts with some powerful ones to again more performance and I feared of doing some damage to my computer. My pc hold the following specifications :
GPU - Intel graphics 4400

RAM - 4 GB

Storage - 1 TB hard drive
CPU : Intel i3 4th gen
What i wanted your help with, is for you to make a video, if possible, about all upgradable options in this pc or similar to this one, including CPU,GPU,etc so that people like me, who are low in cash to get a new laptop for engineering, can use these upgradable options and use them on our personal AOIs.

Really hoping you would look into this topic.

Hi,

I think would be nice for you guys could review the dual/triple screen laptops mounts that is available out there. I saw some reviews about those products in YouTube on other channels but I felt it was more a sponsored review than anything else, and I know, even if you do a review that is sponsored by that product brand, it would be fair. 🙂

I found 2 companies with a product like that, but might be more of. I'm posting this because I wanted to buy a product like this, but not sure if its any good.

Here are the companies website
https://www.mobilepixels.us/
https://sidetrak.com/

Thanks a lot, and hope you guys so a video about this. 🙂 

UPDATE:

After more research, I found out that you guys already did a review on Le slide product about 3 years ago, but would be cool in the future do a comparison review.

I just found out that you can buy desktop motherboards, where a laptop-cpu, cooler and the ram are integrated into it, but it also has a very limited selection of graphics cards etc. I think you guys should review it, because it's a more cheaper option than standalone components.

https://www.amd.com/en/desktop-kits/amd-4700s

Ohh, remember those fund raisers as a kid, where people would pledge money to donate for every mile you walked or every lap you ran on a track.... i have an Idea... Linus does a 24 hour stream fundraiser for charity and earns money for every PC he builds in the 24 hours.

# of CPU Cores: 8
# of Threads: 16
Base Clock: 3.7Ghz
Max Boost Clock: 4.1 Ghz

If you said I was talking about Ryzen 7 5800x with an MSRP of $550, you'd be wrong!

The AMD EPYC 72F3 is a cpu with similiar specifications to the 5800x and costs a whopping $2500!

Request the LTT team to consider making a video explaining why the EPYC processor costs sooo much more with similar specs. Thank you.