Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

CPotter

Source a broken panel, swap it in, do a channelsuperfun video pranking the boss that his tv got busted 🤣

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

17 minutes ago, Stark Odinson said:

Lets put together some video ideas, shall we

<tech content>

Sorry m8. Tech/gaming videos ain't going to cut it.

Give the TV to mrbeast and he'll get 72 million views on a single video giving it to some poor person or something.

Start using Linpack Xtreme as Benchmark for CPUs on a regular basis.

A lot of gamers are members in the cybersecurity industry trying to improve their skills. Why not make a video of the ultimate gaming/home lab machine. A machine capable of simulating a small Active Directory Network (you can explain a little as to what AD is, and I feel that Anthony would be happy doing this video) or deploying multiple Virtual Machines comfortably and the power to be able to game nicely after improving some cyber sec skills. This could appeal to gamers that are curious about the growing cyber sec industry

The MSI RTX 3070 Suprim GODZILLA Edition! I would love for them to check it out! Or in general, review limited edition cards for the RTX 3000 gpus. Gundam, Godzilla, and some others come to mind.

2BF46399-9B19-4FB3-9C1E-7F235F3A467E.thumb.jpeg.e82f5c7b33a2570b8453f3298b00d1fa.jpeg

13 hours ago, Stark Odinson said:

Lets put together some video ideas, shall we

The video suggestion thread exists for a reason. LMG is monitoring it. So please use it, or official video threads for any video suggestions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

The video suggestion thread exists for a reason. LMG is monitoring it. So please use it, or official video threads for any video suggestions.

Sorry, I'll take care next time

I am not endorsing buying of The Wall however to try to stop LTT from going bankrupt from buying one here are a few ideas.

The environment of LLT expo would be what most of the displays like this would be expected to be used in so you are much more likely to get sponsor. I know Linus isnt going to like the idea of just renting it just for the event so he gets his 10 videos at a per day cost rather than full price tag. You would not get the water cooling video but you would get a Lunis has to give up his dream TV video.

LTT Expo play video list;

Setting up a 360k TV at LTT Expo

LLT Expo attendants react to 360k TV

LTT employees consider if Linus as gone mad for trying to buy 360k TV

Disassemble 360k TV

Linus drops a 360k TV panel (because lets be serious its going to happen)

Things you might be able to get away with while renting the TV with approval;

Linus steals a 360k TV (moving the TV into Linus house for a day)

Linus tries to convince people its a good idea to buy the TV 

Linus has 360k TV repossessed. 

Some other video ideas

360k TV vs VR "360k display"

360k TV used as remote meeting room.

Xbox 360 on a 360k TV for the click bait title. (could also include real retro gaming consoles on it playing Pong on a 360k TV seems amusing)

On 3/20/2019 at 2:30 PM, oskarha said:

A look at "older" (probably post ultrabook introduction - sandy bridge and newer) used premium laptops (eg. T or X series thinkpads, XPS, Latitude, MBP/MBA) and comparing them to new alternatives (in terms of build, input devices, screen, i/o, features, ease of simple upgrades (ssd and battery would be important), performance etc) in the same price category could be interesting.

i got a first gen ibm thinkpad it was amazing seeing how things where put together back then the docking station connector blew my mind to bad my friend dropped it and it no longer works amazeng tech inside it for the time

bring back scrap wars i loved that and with everyone working starting to go back to work pc's and older pc's are popping up again be a good time for it. I just got a 5 for 100$ on Facebook so it would be a good time to run another one of those especially finding a gpu during the shortage so there's another angle of difficulty this time

On 3/20/2019 at 10:16 PM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Hi, I’m a Environmental engineering student in Germany, and I’m really interested in renewable energies and stuff like How to get server opperating CO2 neutral and how we can get our Tech stuff more environmental friendly. Because the materials used aren’t the best options and expanding life spans is mostly not possible. For me it would be really interesting to support u (Linus media group) becoming Completely power off the grid. And how to reduce the carbon footprint of a media company like this is. 

On 7/23/2021 at 3:58 PM, coolshirt said:

I think alot of people know that nuclear power is the transition power source that the world needs in order to reach our climate goals before its too late, but it is shrouded in fear.

A video where you visit a Nuclear power plant, explain how it works, how safe it it etc could be a great video to alleviate some of that fear, and would just be an interesting video. It could even be a series where you visit wind farms etc too.

Edit: Realised you have kind-of done this already when you visited a fusion research facility, but I still think it could be a good topic to revisit, either to see the progress those guys have made since you made that video, or to visit a working power plant to actually see it in being used. Maybe putting more focus on the environment(especially if you make it a series with wind etc.) And you've gotten a much bigger audience since then.

I am a environmental engineer and I can tell u nuclear power plants are a part of the future energy grid but not in the way we have them at the moment, fusion systems or cold salt breeder but not Uran and plutonium based Szstems we have at the moment. You can do your math at home when u want to reduce the needed energy (for example in the Us the energy consumed by one household can power 9 in Germany at the same Klimate conditions…) and a office building can produce almost 1GW of electricity and uses only a 1-5MW a family house can produce three times the energy it needs itself so there are possibilities already there just with renewable energies…(when u are interested in some data write me I have the reader has on my desk) 

Hey LMG peeps, I've heard yall got a bunch of old and broken lavalier mics. I think I have a project yall can make one or more vids about- that might help kick some companies into bringing their audio tech into the 21st century.

So get this guys, Airbus is testing an aircraft right in my backyard (read: Yuma Proving Ground, AZ, not actually my background) and it's pretty sick. It's a HAPS (High Altitude Platform System), so it's supposed to chill above 60,000ft when operating in ideal conditions and sip solar for days, totally unmanned of course.

Anyway, it shows up on FlightRadar24 since they kitted it with an ADS-B transponder this time around. One was from about 4AM MST, they appear to have had to land and takeoff again recently (or not??), (about 10PM MST today) they're getting some rain with the AZ monsoons.

I Figure, maybe if any of the writers/Linus are into aviation, this might be a cool thing to check out, maybe even if it's just a tech quickie about it once we get the details of this latest round of testing (if we do at all anyway, might be a while). Things at 60k feet seem kinda neat and Airbus isn't the only one working on this, but I think this is one of the few practical examples out there for now.

Zephyr 8 July 25 22MST.jpg

Zephyr 8 July 25 4MST.jpg

Maybe a video on what you should carry over from an old build / gaming build?

Eg good idea to carry over an Antec 1200 case decked out with scythe fans and a 1000w thermaltake toughpower for example?

I know you guys are mostly gamer focused with builds, but I'd love to see build recommendations for different business roles.
A best spec build for a full stack web dev for example.
Best spec build for an admin role.
Best spec build for a graphic designer.

What are the build specs for the different roles at LTT?

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Simon666
added a letter

Show IDEA!

If your gaming PC rid were to die RIGHT NOW (mine is about to bite the dust any second)...what pre-built PC would you buy Linus and Team?  How about a round up of pre-built gaming PC's.

Yes I'm aware that it's better/usually cheaper to build your own, but given the state of the world and the impossibility of getting parts last second these days...what is the best option for pre-built to tied me over 3 years ish till this is over (I hope).

A flashback to an older-but-still-solid laptop.

The 2013 HP Envy 17t-jxxx. User-upgradeable RAM, dual 2.5 SATA bays as well as a SATA U.2 (if I remember correctly?) socket, user-upgradeable RAM, user-replaceable fan, user-upgradeable disc drive (DVD or Blu-ray), user-upgradeable screen (1600x900, 1080, 1080 touch, and I believe 4k), and best of all, a socketed user-replaceable CPU.

It lacks m.2, USB-C, and a lot of other creature comforts we're used to today, but it had a good backlit keyboard, decent thermals for the pre-vapor-chamber era, and fantastic IO (4 USB-A, including one always-on 3.0, 3.5 headphone jack, and a full-size HDMI). It lasted me eight years before a capacitor on the board blew, at which point I bought a used board and was able to reuse the original processor.

E17902BD-E9E5-4493-A4D4-D66C6D7459B7.png

6 hours ago, MikeTwo said:

Show IDEA!

If your gaming PC rid were to die RIGHT NOW (mine is about to bite the dust any second)...what pre-built PC would you buy Linus and Team?  How about a round up of pre-built gaming PC's.

Yes I'm aware that it's better/usually cheaper to build your own, but given the state of the world and the impossibility of getting parts last second these days...what is the best option for pre-built to tied me over 3 years ish till this is over (I hope).

Check out Redux. They've been a fantastic deal for myself, my brother, and my cousin.

Also, GamersNexus has been doing this exact topic for a couple months, so check out Steve.

Video Explanation Request:

I would really like the team there to cover this topic in some greater detail. 

Source: https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/26/dell_energy_pcs/

Snippet: "And come December 9, 2021, "computers with high-speed networking capability, multi-screen notebooks, notebooks with cyclical behavior, and monitors with high refresh rates" will be covered by the rules."

THis seems to indicate it will impact a large group of people and businesses. Please research further and get us all the facts on this topic!  Thanks 

A video about obscure, but still active, Operating Systems like Tizen.

Hey Guys

I would love to see a video comparison of traditional gaming headphones versus audiophile level headphones in a gaming scenario, for instance if it would be worth to buy an expensive gaming headset or an entry level audiophile headset.

If certain brands that claim to be a mix of both are actually a good version of both or if they are a marketing scam all together.

You could also add in something ridiculously priced but marketed for gaming like the Audeze LCD-GX versus the whole pack.

Today in another forum i got the screenshots for a certain "fake" GPU, but it seems like it is indeed legit and completely one off, im predicting that it is some sort of internal early development card that got slapped with a cooler and sold. Adding the GPU-Z screenshot below. 

Linus, if you are reading this, i think this is going to be in @YuuKi-AnS territory.

Ekran Görüntüsü (4).png