Mine Crypto Before It's Too Late! (SPONSORED)

JonoT

this is a side comment.

it seems there yt account has gotten hack.

am seeing super funky reply with said account to poster on the video.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

I get it.

The most important thing for businessmen is money. Maybe is not only for businessmen but for everyone. Everyone loves money, right?

So, I'm not surprised after how your criticism crypto you still promote something about crypto mining.

I totally understand.

Just like me. Live in some magic land. Criticism lots of thing about this land. But I'm still make profit from things I criticized. Even pretend to love everything I criticized in front of some people.

So, what's next?

Will you promote the Red Steam? Claim it's "Extremely friendly to the children" etc.

You know extra dramatic will attracts extra audience means more money for you.

Have a nice day. 🙂

I'm not going to rehash what I said over in the last thread, but this is becoming a serious problem for the PC market as a whole, not just PC gaming.

Consider those building brand new - you NEED a GPU to complete the system. Integrated graphics may be fine for the number crunchers and social media junkies but how many mobos come equipped with those? Hardly any. Even if you are not a gamer and just need a desktop because you have no need for a laptop, the GPU shortage will affect you.

Then you have those upgrading their rigs. I'm rocking 980Ti's in 4-way SLI. A single 3090 would be a great upgrade, and while I could certainly use four for F@H, right now I cannot even buy a single card. There's a considerable number of systems out there online now that will either eventually or very soon need upgrading, more so if their GPU dies unexpectedly. The last thing you want is your box collecting dust because a key piece of hardware isn't working... and is unable to be replaced.

Does your rig use a 1600W PSU? What happens if that dies and you cannot get a replacement? Mining is having a cannibalistic effect on more than just GPU's, and the fact that even power supplies now are becoming SCARCE should be a warning sign that this madness needs to end.

Consoles have always been an option for gamers. And that's how it should stay. But the way things are now consoles may be the ONLY route left for gamers to look forward to in the future. I don't believe that is what people want. PC gaming should not have to suffer and sacrifice purely at the benefit of Crypto. Likewise, the existence of Crypto should not be at the demise of PC gaming.

Then you have those passionate about F@H and who have been contributing for years. The project itself is close to 2 decades old. These folks also depend on gaming GPU's to do their work, although in their defense, a card without video outputs can also be used. That makes the argument for dedicated mining cards considerably better since they can be re-purposed for folding if/when mining is no longer "cool". It would also leave more gaming cards on the table with folding rigs being populated with headless cards.

Finally, and for some most painful, is price. Do you really want to pay 200% for an item that is artificially marked up by scalpers who hoard them in bulk, or grab them off other scalpers and jack up the price even more? Why is it that merchants can't do a better job limiting purchases not just to individual purchasers, but shipments going to the SAME ADDRESS???

In my mind promoting mining at this point in time is particularly bad/wrong given the extreme and serious shortage of parts. Linus, you should know better than ruffle your audience!!! Many people are hurting and the situation needs an urgent fix, otherwise it will become a very ugly mess that will not be good for anybody.

2 hours ago, dogwitch said:

this is a side comment.

it seems there yt account has gotten hack.

am seeing super funky reply with said account to poster on the video.

It's most likely scammers using accounts named Linus Tech Tips. The real LTT account will have a verified tick next to it. 

Just use YouTube's report system to report any suspicious posts or fake LTT accounts you see on YouTube.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

It's most likely scammers using accounts named Linus Tech Tips. The real LTT account will have a verified tick next to it. 

Just use YouTube's report system to report any suspicious posts or fake LTT accounts you see on YouTube.

will do.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Um, about Nicehash repaying it’s users. According to several sources they did not EXACTLY repay them so much as they didn’t charge fees in exchange for continuing to use their services. This went on for several years before they “repaid” them. Even though technically those users could have otherwise found lower fee alternatives if their coins were stolen.

NiceHash has been repaying its users “through our fees and thus cutting our profits,” said CMO Andrej Skraba in an email to CoinDesk.

More importantly about Nicehash’s co-founder/CEO, I’ll let the indictment and the warrant speak for themselves. Skorjanc and his co-conspirators developed a malware to steal data and extort people.

Matjaz Skorjanc, aka iserdo aka serdo, 32, of Maribor, Slovenia was charged with racketeering conspiracy and conspiracy to commit wire fraud and bank fraud. The racketeering conspiracy charge includes conspiracy to commit bank, wire, and access device fraud, identity theft, hacking, and extortion.

A criminal indictment and arrest warrants were unsealed for racketeering conspiracy to develop and distribute malware through the major computer hacking forum known as Darkode.

As alleged in the charging documents, Darkode was a criminal organization centered around an online, password-protected criminal forum where high-level international hackers and other cyber-criminals convened to develop, buy, sell, trade, and share hacking tools, information, and ideas. Before becoming a member of Darkode, prospective members were vetted through a process in which an existing member invited a prospective member to the forum to present the skills or products that he or she could bring to the group.  Darkode members allegedly used each other’s skills and products to infect computers and electronic devices of victims around the world with malware and, thereby gain access to, and control over, those devices.  

Source:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/four-international-hacking-suspects-charged-racketeering

www.finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/mining-market-nicehash-refunds-users-115038431.html

14 hours ago, JonoT said:

Thanks to NiceHash for sponsoring today's video! Check out NiceHash and use their new QuickMiner at https://lmg.gg/Xx9FG

Crypto has never been hotter, so why aren't you taking advantage of your expensive GPU through NiceHash or your own programming?

Would there be any side affects to this to your GPU or CPU?

36 minutes ago, kobe_fox said:

Would there be any side affects to this to your GPU or CPU?

Not really

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

'We're not taking this video down because we would have to refund NiceHash for this project. We already knew the community backlash was going to happen, but we weighed it up beforehand and thought the small hit to our integrity was worth it. We know if we spin it towards single users and still condemn mining farms that we can technically stay on the right side, even though the impact of a million individual GPUs mining and a million GPUs in a mining farm has the exact same environmental impact'

CPU - Intel Core i5 10600K @ 5GHz @ 1.35v + EK Custom Loop (Evo Supremacy Block, 240mm Copper Radiator, Res/Pump Combo, Mayhem Soft Tubing and Fluid) - GPU - Gigabyte G1 GeForce GTX 1070 - RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200MHz - Mobo - Asus Z490-A Prime - SSD - Samsung 850 120GB - HDD - 2TB WD Black - PSU - EVGA G2 650W Gold - Case - Corsair 680X RGB White with 6 x Corsair LL120 Fans. 

Picture of my System - https://imgur.com/gallery/q27dw2g

14 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

People thinking they need the newest and best ( I am one, look at my signature) and then get angry when they can't get it.

I'm sorry, but that's not true at all.

First thing, not everyone needs a new card (I don't). I am simply horrified by the whole cryptoshit, which is not a lot more than MLM with bells and whistles.

Second thing, not everyone wants a 3080. Most people would be happy with used cards, lower end cards, or something at least. There's none. You can't even get the equivalent of a 1060, the most popular card on Steam. It's either incredibly expensive laptops (which in Europe are sold at around twice the average wage of my country) that are still not a good deal or prebuiilt that more often than not have eyewatering markups.

BuT gAmErS wItH 1000 PsUs aNd OC, please. Get a grip on reality.

I find it interesting that Linus has the verified actual gamer program saying he cares about gamers getting GPUs and mentioned the impact on the environment that mining causes, yet everyone "should mine crypto before its too late".

IMO this video makes LTT look as if they're not concerned with the current GPU shortage which is made worse by miners buying up every GPU that is capable of making a profit. And the market is so messed up because of the shortages and mining, people aren't able to buy a GPU for whatever reason they need a GPU for besides mining, ie. workstation, rendering, 3D art, streaming. Also with the recent Nicehash vulnerability I would be very hesitant to trust Nicehash.

My fear is that when Linus address this fumble, he'll pull the same thing he did with RAID. And I personally did not appreciate how he tried to deflect blame and imo blame people for taking issue with the sponsor.

I am saying this while I have zero opinion regarding NiceHash, mining, or miners. I mean it sucks not being be able to find stock. but It is disheartening to see Linus go from dropping TunnelBear due to the bad optics from the Buyout to defending shady sponsorships under the guise of no sponsor will be left to deal with.

Cases in point how he handled PIA buyout and RAID.

I get it, LMG is a company and its main goal is to make money. but for me Their product was their credibility as he himself used to say.

All I can say is that, I dread the WAN show when he will address this. As I am expecting to him to lose the credibility he built over the years in regards to sponsorships and endorsements to me personally.

10 hours ago, Highest said:

So, I'm not surprised after how your criticism crypto you still promote something about crypto mining.

I like that they take both sides. There's no denying it's profitable, so if you have a profitable GPU then go for it. Their message wasn't "go buy every GPU and make bank". This is one of those situations where nothing is the "right choice". If they were to only hate on crypto/mining, people would hate them for paiting crypto in a bad light. If they promote crypto/mining people will hate them for "destroying the gaming ecosystem". Now they take middle ground discussing both the implications and that you can make a profit, and they get hate for taking both sides.

51 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I find it interesting that Linus has the verified actual gamer program saying he cares about gamers getting GPUs and mentioned the impact on the environment that mining causes, yet everyone "should mine crypto before its too late".

IMO this video makes LTT look as if they're not concerned with the current GPU shortage which is made worse by miners buying up every GPU that is capable of making a profit. And the market is so messed up because of the shortages and mining, people aren't able to buy a GPU for whatever reason they need a GPU for besides mining, ie. workstation, rendering, 3D art, streaming. Also with the recent Nicehash vulnerability I would be very hesitant to trust Nicehash.

I do believe they still care and that their point was focussed merely on making a few bucks if you already have a GPU sitting around. Though it may indeed indirectly make it a bit worse if they get the bug and start panic buying GPUs now as well.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

I honestly do not mind about this video, but I'm just surprised.

After the literal months of controversy about miners gobbling up all the cards, I'd have though they would see the backlash coming a mile away if they were to release a video about how to mine using your GPU.

11 minutes ago, tikker said:

I like that they take both sides. There's no denying it's profitable, so if you have a profitable GPU then go for it. Their message wasn't "go buy every GPU and make bank". This is one of those situations where nothing is the "right choice". If they were to only hate on crypto/mining, people would hate them for paiting crypto in a bad light. If they promote crypto/mining people will hate them for "destroying the gaming ecosystem". Now they take middle ground discussing both the implications and that you can make a profit, and they get hate for taking both sides.

"They get hate for taking both sides."  That is the point.

If you don't choose a side. Lots of people will see you as play God or some sort of liar.

If you choose both side of something conflicting and make profit from both side. Well, this will make people have a lot of thoughts.

People want something humanity. With love and hate. Have a stand and last long. They don't like something like saint's speech. Like something too objective to be human.

In my experience. I will never let people know I choose both side. Maybe because I lived in some place full of death threat and Linus is not.

"crypto mining bad because it use lot of electricity so bad for environment!!1!"

proceedes to play video games on shiny graphics card that uses hundreds of watts per hour

If gamers really cared about the environment they should stop playing video games and pick up a football lmao

much more environmentally friendly and better for your health too 

8 minutes ago, realpetertdm said:

"crypto mining bad because it use lot of electricity so bad for environment!!1!"

proceedes to play video games on shiny graphics card that uses hundreds of watts per hour

If gamers really cared about the environment they should stop playing video games and pick up a football lmao

Miners aren't stopping either, so why gamers should? Ah yeah, greed, the good old reason.

25 minutes ago, Aochan said:

Miners aren't stopping either, so why gamers should? Ah yeah, greed, the good old reason.

"Miners are destroying the environment so we should destroy it too"

Great thinking there bud

1 hour ago, Aochan said:

I dislike cryptocurrency and the whole environment surrounding it, but that is lowering yourself to other’s standards. If that was the case about everything, we would barely be functioning as a society because we would say ‘well they’re not doing it, why should I?’  If you want to do something, how about doing something positive for what you believe in rather than negatively impacting what you don’t believe in?

2 hours ago, Highest said:

In my experience. I will never let people know I choose both side. Maybe because I lived in some place full of death threat and Linus is not.

Well you won't get a death threat for saying crypto is good or bad... Few things are so black and white you'll have to pick a camp. Crypto sure isn't one of them. Those defending it to the death without any regard for the environmental impact are just as bad as those condemning without considering any of its value.

"They get hate for taking both sides."  That is the point.

If you don't choose a side. Lots of people will see you as play God or some sort of liar.

You "play God" or "are a liar" if you show both sides? That's ridiculous. I would call it hypocritical maybe, but most humans are. According to you I'm playing god and am a liar as well then, because I support crypto, but I'm also well aware that we need an alternative to mining as its impact on the environment is becoming greater and greater.

If you choose both side of something conflicting and make profit from both side. Well, this will make people have a lot of thoughts.

My thoughts will be "oh how nice of them to highlight both sides of this same coin. I can see the interest and benefit of <positives X>, but it's unfortunate it has <downsides Y>". Not "how dare they (dis)agree with X! They should be ashamed!".

People want something humanity. With love and hate. Have a stand and last long. They don't like something like saint's speech. Like something too objective to be human.

People want to hear what agrees with their viewpoints. LTT isn't an entity born to promote or demote crypto, they don't need to be pro or anti. They are a general computer tech channel. With their reach and influence they can educate a lot of people on the subject and with that education should come both the positives and the negatives. What  you think of the quality of their coverage is up to you, but I think it's important for LTT to show both sides, because that way people can form their own opinions having seen both sides. You can never form a proper opinion from having seen only one side.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 hours ago, realpetertdm said:

actually... football requires manufacturing of the ball and the land used for a football field isnt small either so... there's still quite a significant environmental impact

the best way to reduce energy use is to murder every living being on earth, because metabolism is a thing and it uses a lot of energy

now you may argue that human life is worth way more, but your life means nothing to me unless i get to know you, i couldnt care less if you died today or tomorrow, to be absolutely frank.

so you being alive is a waste of energy in my eyes 👀 

that doesn't mean i want you dead though

and by 'you' i mean the general population, not the person i quoted ❤️ though you may or may not fall into that category as well, and yes im chaotic neutral

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

8 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

the best way to reduce energy use is to murder every living being on earth

Sounds a lot like what the Earth his attempting currently 😛

1 minute ago, tikker said:

Sounds a lot like what the Earth his attempting currently 😛

haha that is a good one.

Oddly enough the climate is getting back to normal were I live