Whats wrong with vegeterians?

Nalgasp3ludas

First of all, I know theres a clear difference between vegan and vegeterian, I dont evek know who is who, but why do they have to hate on people that have an omnivore diet... I was eating with my girlfriend in a restaurant this 14th of Februrary and wooow, out of nowhere like 20 people start protesting infront of the restaurant.. it was all alright but they got in and started yelling at everyone that we were wrong, etc etc. I honestly think this is just ridiculous, why do people that eat "normally" have to respect them, when they cant even behave themselves.

Everyone please, live and let live, if you think you are putting your grain of salt go ahead, but understand that this is an ecosystem.

Dont get salty with my post, I just want to see opinions on these.

I would also really appreciate if you could correct me if I miss used a word of if you didnt understand me please tell me, Im trying to increase my english knowledge

You are just a little unlucky to come across some extremists. That's all. Sorry to hear that your dinner was interrupted.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

2 hours ago, Nalgasp3ludas said:

, I dont evek know who is who

vegetarian = no meat

vegan = no products from animals

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

2 hours ago, Nalgasp3ludas said:

Dont get salty with my post, I just want to see opinions on these.

Nah, I agree that people should mind their own business

If you wanna be vegan or vegetarian, that's fine, but don't tell people what to do

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

As someone who is friends with a vegan, i can confirm that there is nothing wrong with them in the general term. Like all things there are people that take it way too far.

I've even eaten meat in front of him and he doesn't care since it's his own personal choice, he doesn't push it on anyone. I still tease him occasionally about how good meat and cheese is.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Some people just like to impose their way of life on other people. That group happens to intersect with many other groups, including vegetarians/vegans.

Sorry to hear about your experience, I hope it made not think you less of vegetarians/vegans in general.

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

Like all things there are people that take it way too far.

I know a guy that used to be a friend of mine but one day just decided to be an extermist vegan and started to try to convert every single friend of him to stop eating meat, he would invite them to his house and then during meal the only talk was "eating meat is bad, you're awful for doing it and imagine you are eating your child would you fell good about it" and after a while he started to be so toxic that he would send shit like slaughter houses to try to shock. The guy totally broke a fuse and became an super extremist to veganism, to the point that lost 20kg in a few months.

The point of the story is, sure everyone can be vegeterian/vegan, but you don't need to shout to everyone in the world and try to convert everyone because 1st it's impossible and 2nd some people can't live without meat/derivatives of. Sure they can talk about it, try to show people how it is, but going full crusade mode just make them dumb.

Current Rig:

Mobo - MSI B450 Pro-Max VDH | CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 (AMD duh) | GPU - GTX 1660 Super (MSI) | WAM - 2 x 8GB 3200MHz (G.SKILLS Ripjaws)Storage - 1 x 256GB SSD (Crucial MX500) + 1 x 2TB | HDD 7200RPM (Seagate Barracuda) | PSU - Cooler Master 450W | Case - Cooler Master Q300L | Display - Asus VP248QG (Main) + AOC 24B1W1 | Other Stuff - Bloody B120 (Keyboard) + HP X220 Gaming Mouse + Asus A541UJ (Laptop)

4 hours ago, Nalgasp3ludas said:

started yelling at everyone that we were wrong, etc etc; I honestly think this is just ridiculous

Those people are just idiots trying to ruin other people's day. Something tells me it was planned.

And I completely agree with you. It is ridiculous. People should respect other people's decisions, instead of pointlessly protesting. I have a classmate that is vegetarian (or vegan, the one with no meat at all), and he NEVER judges my other classmates, not even me, he just minds his own food business and we mind our own. Just goes to show that some vegetarians are downright stupid, but some are still kind and respectful.

Sorry that your date was interrupted, hope everything goes well with your girlfriend.

Edit: Note that I am not calling all vegans/vegetarians stupid, just simply pointing out that some part IS, not all.

Edited by Jayzer

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

Vegetarians are not generally stupid. I have a friend who is a vegetarian and was eating a vegie burger in a mcdonalds with me. It just the extremists that ruin the reputation. Same thing with feminism, as a topic its fine like yay equality but the extremist feminists that demand public execution of men are stupid.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

17 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Wrong, some vegetarians actually eat chicken and fish. 

Well no but actually yes.

I think it depends on how you interpret the word. If you strictly read the word, a vegeterian only eats, well, vegetables and animal derivatives (milk, cheese, eggs, etc.) but no meat or fish.

However I like to think there's levels of vegeterianism, where the 1st is reducing in the comsuption of red meats and pork, and the last take out all meat and fish from the diet. After this level you enter veganism, where you remove also the animal derivatives, so only veggies and leafs. 

You can go even further with this diet to an extreme where you can only eat fruits that fall from a tree for example, but personally I think this is just crazyness already.

Current Rig:

Mobo - MSI B450 Pro-Max VDH | CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 (AMD duh) | GPU - GTX 1660 Super (MSI) | WAM - 2 x 8GB 3200MHz (G.SKILLS Ripjaws)Storage - 1 x 256GB SSD (Crucial MX500) + 1 x 2TB | HDD 7200RPM (Seagate Barracuda) | PSU - Cooler Master 450W | Case - Cooler Master Q300L | Display - Asus VP248QG (Main) + AOC 24B1W1 | Other Stuff - Bloody B120 (Keyboard) + HP X220 Gaming Mouse + Asus A541UJ (Laptop)

4 minutes ago, Prodigy_Smit said:

Vegetarians are not generally stupid. I have a friend who is a vegetarian and was eating a vegie burger in a mcdonalds with me. It just the extremists that ruin the reputation. Same thing with feminism, as a topic its fine like yay equality but the extremist feminists that demand public execution of men are stupid.

Like @valdyrgramr said, those extremists often are either fakes that go for a trend (remember pokemon go? suddenly everyone wanted to be a pokemon master) or they blindly believe on that cause, and one of these is more popular than the other. People nowadays are constatly fighting for rights and demands but in reality, if you go around asking people, they don't actually know what are they defending, they saw a mob screaming, and join them. It's basically a crowd psychology, it takes only a douche to throw a rock and hell arises

Current Rig:

Some people chose to be vegans or vegeterians cause they love animals,some cant eat meat product because of some health issue,and some saw some terrible thing that happened to animals,so they just cant imagine meat anymore.

We shouldnt bash anyone choice of their eating habbits,but those extremist vegans are just morons.

They think that with protests they are doing anything,but in reality they just make people hate them more,and talk shit about veganism.

There is trend on rise to be a vegan,cause it popular on social media,so you know,couple virtual like matter to some people.

5 hours ago, Nalgasp3ludas said:

I dont evek know who is who

Vegetarians: only abstains from the dietary intake of meat. They don't have any problems using animal products like in medications, clothing, etc. Some vegetarians have no problems taking in dairy or eggs (lactoovo-vegetarians)

Vegans: they not only abstain from the dietary intake of meat but also abstain from all kinds of animal products such as flu vaccines from egg cultures, leather, fur, cosmetics with animal fat, etc.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

the only ones visual in the enviroment is extremist, i know plenty of people that has a full vegaterian diet. some choose it because of health reasons some actually does not really have the taste for meats..

none i know have a negative focus on the rest of us, i know one Vegan however and she is VERY extreme in what she does.

To be honest, i don´t even consider them if we make a diner for a lot of friends, we make what we want, that is just how it is. when we visit them, we eat meat free.

but there are elements like than in ALL areas, i remember the BIG thing in our city once, was that a cafe made a "childern free area" inside.. people with childern could sit outside, or in the back.. simply to give others some room. there was an EXTREME outrage, of moms breastfeeding in the door of the cafe, and trying to force people away.. this was even people that would NEVER eat at that cafe..

to be honest, why not accept that some people don´t like childern screaming when they try to have a romatic diner, or just some food. 

Everything for everyone today is "MY opinion" .. "MY lifechoice" no respect and acceptance, for some people, and to be honest, if you have any of these in your life, then simply cut them out.. they have NO value, if they cannot tolerate your opinion, or lifestyle

It's already been said, but the issue isn't with vegetarians and vegans, it's with extremists in those camps. (though, let's be honest, there's generally not a whole lot of extremist vegetarians, if any, because it's not typically something with a strong enough core of beliefs)  Extremism shows up so frequently.

Side note: 

3 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Technically they weren't wrong.  Not sure about nomenclature for anyone who "only eats chicken", but those who typically eat vegetarian but make exceptions for fish are known as pescatarians.  I know a few people who fit into that designation.

Anyway...It sucks to encounter the more "militant" vegans, and I know this because my sister-in-law used to be really bad about it, but thankfully has mellowed a bit in recent years.  But I think people tend to associate "veganism" with "crazy screaming nutjobs" because we tend to remember the extremists most vividly.  As an avid runner, I've interacted with a number of vegan athletes on social media, and honestly for every one extremist vegan I've met, I've met at least a dozen who just do their thing and will happily talk about their diet but have no drive to force it on anyone else.

Honestly, I think in the past few months especially, I've found myself more annoyed by the people who are militantly ANTI-vegan, like to the point where they assault any social media mention of a vegan recipe or food product with a bunch of annoying BS.  It really actually blows my mind how much people are resistant to anything remotely vegetarian or vegan.  I'll happily eat a cheeseburger or steak any day, but I'm also not resistant to trying anything meatless, and enjoy a number of vegetarian/vegan foods.  I also love bacon, and have yet to find a substitute that is acceptable to me.  But I've seen people dump on cookie recipes of all things.  My go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe is vegan and it's awesome as hell.  But objecting to "vegan chocolate" is stupid as hell.  You know what "vegan chocolate" is?  Dark chocolate or semi-sweet, as long as it's not made with milk.  That's it.  Perfectly fine f'ing chocolate.

Sorry, diverged into a rant there at the end a little bit...lol

Current Personal Rig

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X w/ Corsair H60 AIO   MB: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 (2x16)  GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Gaming  PSU: EVGA 750GQ Semi-Modular  Storage: 500 GB WD Black M.2 NVMe + 1 TB 2.5" SSD  WiFi: TP-Link Archer TX3000E  Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mini  Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired  Monitor: Gigabyte G27FC 27"

13 hours ago, Nalgasp3ludas said:

First of all, I know theres a clear difference between vegan and vegeterian,

Yes, that's correct.

I dont evek know who is who,

A Vegetarian does not eat meat. A Vegan does not eat meat or animal byproducts (eg: eggs, milk, animal fats, etc).

but why do they have to hate on people that have an omnivore diet...

Some do and some don't.

But let's not pretend like it doesn't go both ways. There are definitely angry malicious vegans and vegetarians, but there are also meat eaters who will mock and attack vegans, etc. Hell, some even try and sneak meat into the others food, hoping that "once they get a taste" of the meat, they'll quit being vegan, etc.

I was eating with my girlfriend in a restaurant this 14th of Februrary and wooow, out of nowhere like 20 people start protesting infront of the restaurant..

That's their constitutional right to protest (well.. I'm making an assumption that you live in the US, Canada, and countries with similar laws). Was the restaraunt meat-centric or something?

it was all alright but they got in and started yelling at everyone that we were wrong, etc etc. I honestly think this is just ridiculous, why do people that eat "normally" have to respect them, when they cant even behave themselves.

You don't have to respect them, assuming you don't break the law. Just like they don't need to do the same to you.

Everyone please, live and let live, if you think you are putting your grain of salt go ahead, but understand that this is an ecosystem.

Humans eating as much meat as we do is not part of the natural ecosystem (hardly anything about modern humans are part of the natural ecosystem).

I do agree that people on both sides need to be kinder to each other. I have zero problems if someone wants to be vegetarian or vegan. I'm not one, and likely never will be, but you do you. People should (but don't legally have to) respect each other more - it would make the world a better place.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

8 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Ah, here we interpret as vegetarians who don't eat meat, ones who might eat chicken and/or fish,

On a technical level, those people aren't actually vegetarians.

Chicken is meat, period. I also consider fish to be meat, as well.

Now, with that in mind, depending on why they are vegetarian, eating chicken and meat can totally fit within their lifestyle. Those meats tend to be a lot healthier than red meat, and less fatty.

and then you have the vegans here who won't touch animal based products 0f any kind unless it was done in a humane way.

If you get to the core fundamental belief, it usually comes down to consent. An animal cannot consent to you eating their flesh or their byproducts, as they are incapable of consent.

This is why, say, human breast milk is vegan, because the woman who gave that milk consented to it, but cows milk is not vegan, because the cow cannot consent.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Ah, I was just told they were a type of vegetarian.

you might be thinking of

pescatarian: "vegetarians" who eat fish and other seafood

and

pollotarian: Basically vegetarians but can eat poultry (turkey, chicken, duck). effectively no red meat

They generally fall under the same umbrella as a standard vegetarian...unless you ask a pure vegetarians, then they are just as bad as meat eaters.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

21 hours ago, Nalgasp3ludas said:

but why do they have to hate on people that have an omnivore diet... 

Because they feel special, just like people who drink black coffee. They don't have enough things going on in their lives, so they go vegetarian/vegan, and think they're higher up or cooler than everyone else. Note this is not all vegans/vegetarians, just a select few.

17 hours ago, MigasTigas said:

1st it's impossible and 2nd some people can't live without meat/derivatives of

no, that is everyone. It was only as of recent that you could become a true vegan, there's so many nutrients you need to eat that are not commonly found in vegetables, and in very small amounts, such as  thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. B12 is the real problem, all vegans need to take a B12 supplement, B12 is not found at all in plants.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

16 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

Because they feel special, just like people who drink black coffee. They don't have enough things going on in their lives, so they go vegetarian/vegan, and think they're higher up or cooler than everyone else. Note this is not all vegans/vegetarians, just a select few.

no, that is everyone. It was only as of recent that you could become a true vegan, there's so many nutrients you need to eat that are not commonly found in vegetables, and in very small amounts, such as  thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. B12 is the real problem, all vegans need to take a B12 supplement, B12 is not found at all in plants.

Speaking of this, the closer human populations live to the arctic circle, the less plant foods for Humans to consume. in cases suitable crops can't be grown. So Land Animals and Seafoods are the only foods even available.

also, in case you think every vegetarian is an arse, they're not

i have a "vegetarian" friend (cant stand the taste of meat, not because of moral reason or w/e)

i tend to tease him by saying i'll buy him a cabbage for lunch, he's cool with it lol

we can sit at the same table and i can eat my chicken rice while he eats his vegan fried rice, no problems there

it's just that there are extremist that ruins it, that applies to a lot of groups, not just vegetarian

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

20 hours ago, Keith W said:

How do you know if someone is a vegan?

They will tell you 

i mean this is a paradox. the vegans that dont tell you then you never know that they are vegan. so that's why you think all the vegans tell you because the only vegans you know told you.

I wonder where the "Ideal" that Fish are not Animals or isn't meat came from?

OK it's the same thing with Christians. There's lots of em like me for example that will be kind and accepting and follow the "love thy neighbor" rule. I'm as much a sinner as someone who cheats or lies or is gay or anything else that doesn't match a BC middle eastern lifestyle according to the bible. So I work on being better for my ideology, and I hope everyone else can be better for whatever their ideology is. I genuinely wish everyone is better and happier and goes to heaven. I go so far as following a CS Lewis theology that someone doing good in the name of allah or buddah or whatever other deity has done good in gods name because he cares more about good morals than who you pray to, since that is likely influenced from birth and less a choice than sin. Then there's the lunatics you see in the media, picket fencing everything that slightly offends them. They disregard love for their neighbor in favor of pretending that fighting all these sins they are somehow exempt from the hatred in their hearts. They view their sin of hatred as somehow being less important or even nonexistent compared to a dude kissing a dude and loving him unconditionally with a good heart. 
With Vegetarianism, it's a lot of the same skewing of values. There's 2 real reasons to be vegan

1. Killing animals is murder

2. The meat industry is one of the worst contributors to the climate change crisis we are facing

Most of the crazies fall in the first one. They view all lives as the same value, from an ant to an elephant to a human. So a cow has the same value and right to live as their own kids. So while we see a McDonalds, they see a building filled with humans eating corpses. seeing a meat farm is like being in the middle of a massacre. This viewpoint leads often to fear and anger, same as you might if actually witnessing a massacre of humans. So they make it their moral obligation to bring everyone around to their worldview. 
But like most Christians are calm and approving, or at the very least not forcing their views on you, most vegetarians and vegans just choose not to participate in what they view as bad, immoral or bad for the environment or both. Like was stated above, vegans are stricter by not eating animal products at all. No milk, no eggs, etc. There's pescatarians who get milk and eggs, but can't touch the meat itself. and I'm not sure the distinction between vegetarian vs pescatarian. vegetarian might just be the generalized overarching term. Personally I'm in favor of meat reduction for sake of the environment, but the killing living things argument is at fault with lack of scope. A blade of grass is a living organism. Can I not mow my lawn anymore? Are cows murderers for eating grass? should we punish the murdering cows with death penalty, and then to not waste, eat their meat for sustenance? wait a sec... XD It all just has no end. And to me going as far as avoiding eggs and milk is ridiculous. baby cows drink milk, are they now carnivores? yeah it just makes no sense to me. Unfortunately with any group it's the crazy ones that show up in the news. Tis what it is.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.