Loramentum - A watercooled, wall mounted rig - Fan and lighting upgrade! 27/01/17

Maki Role

Looks awesome :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

A little update for today.  Since we're nearing the final stretch on this project, I'm going to be doing more of these little changes posts.  So first up on the agenda is the GPU mounting bracket.  Since it's being laid on it's side, the normal mounts won't work, so I decided instead to make my own one from some aluminium.  This is still WIP as I was short on time today.

Remove that old bracket asap

Vojuts.jpg

Template all cut out

au8ZIf.jpg

Eh, it's a bit rough at this stage

mpKkum.jpg

Looking much better now, still very rough though, that'll change drastically

0CnJln.jpg

When finished, the bracket will be painted matte black so as to fit with the rest of the build and not draw attention to it, still has a lot of work left.  I also managed to add in the motherboard standoffs, but that's hardly an interesting picture so I left it alone.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

One extremely good thing about still being at school... I can use a laser cutter for free, it is a good one as well.

Erhg my school doesn't have that. You're talking about highscool?

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

Erhg my school doesn't have that. You're talking about highscool?

Ummm I don't know the American term. I am 18.

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

Looking good man, metal work is the worst I do not envy you at this stage :D 

So I spelt something wrong in my post... I don't care I don't read through what I write and I type very quickly.

Intel 3770k stock, MSI Z77A-GD65, MSI GTX 760, Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600Mhz 16Gb, Corsair RM 550W, Samsung 830 256Gb, some random hdds.

Ummm I don't know the American term. I am 18.

it's the one before university, in the Netherlands we go there from ages of 12-18

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

I think it might be known as secondary school in Europe.  I'm not sure though

Also Maki Role, this build has come closer to the renders than I've ever seen.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Looking good man, metal work is the worst I do not envy you at this stage :D

It wouldn't be nearly so bad if I had access to some handy tools like even a cheap scroll saw (I'd get one but I just don't have any space), heck even just having a workbench of any sort would be nice.

I think it might be known as secondary school in Europe.  I'm not sure though

Also Maki Role, this build has come closer to the renders than I've ever seen.

Haha, I'm hoping I can get the photos just right on the final shoot in order to confuse people to the max.  I think a lot of the similarity is down to how I made sure that the render materials were as accurate as possible.

UPDATE!

Managed to finish up the GPU mounting bracket today, now both the motherboard and the graphics card can be attached to the main chassis!

Finished shaping things up

Dbt7O8.jpg

I don't have a workbench, nor a vise, so I whipped up this... thing to help do the bending.
toKf6z.jpg

After the initial sanding, looking much better already
6Ck91j.jpg

Forgot to taking a priming photo, so here it is finished.  The matte paint fits perfectly with the black acrylic.
0iuHGA.jpg

mXY69V.jpg

Fits the graphics card quite nicely.

8kId8H.jpg

Well done

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

*post*

Seeing how good custom made stuff looks, I always wish I was more handy...

Oh man... nice work!

oooo, fancy

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

that just make my jaw drop :o

Well done

Seeing how good custom made stuff looks, I always wish I was more handy...

Oh man... nice work!

oooo, fancy

Thanks everybody! Feels good to get some proper progress in, I'll be ordering most of the flight case parts tomorrow hopefully.

That's amazing!

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

That's amazing!

Stunning. Keep up the good work :)

Cheers! :D

@Maki Role how many layers of paint does the mounting bracket have?

Two layers of primer, each sanded to 800 grit. Followed by 3 layers of matte black enamel paint with light 1200 grit sands in between each coat.

nice, that black looks soo perfect like it wasn't silver underneath. really good.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

This is honestly the best build log I stumbled upon so far. Simple, elegant and really stands out.

Would love to see it all finished and classy :D Subbed.

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

subbed ;) looks awesome both for a traveling computer but also for a sick wall mounted one :) 

updates bro keep em coming ;)

nice, that black looks soo perfect like it wasn't silver underneath. really good.

Thanks, although I attribute much of that success to the paint.  I've been consistently surprised and impressed by the paint from Halfords, it just sprays really smoothly, doesn't orange peel and dries quickly, not to mention it's nice and durable too when fully cured.  I much prefer it to many of the other brands I've tried in the past, and some of those were specialty artist paints for use with airbrushes.

This is honestly the best build log I stumbled upon so far. Simple, elegant and really stands out.

Would love to see it all finished and classy :D Subbed.

High praise indeed, I hope the rest of the log can live up to it!

subbed ;) looks awesome both for a traveling computer but also for a sick wall mounted one :) 

updates bro keep em coming ;)

Thanks man, let's have another update shall we?

Update

Small one for today, I received all the parts for the flight case, along with a better riser cable.  This thing is genuinely quite beautiful, and comes fully shielded to boot, so no dodgy foil wrapping is necessary.  Since a roll is pretty boring and you've all seen it before, I used the diNoc as the background this time, picked up a pretty large piece of it for the case protection.

This one is exceedingly long...
ExtgZs.jpg

bR5Y5T.jpg

Small one for today, I received all the parts for the flight case, along with a better riser cable.  This thing is genuinely quite beautiful, and comes fully shielded to boot, so no dodgy foil wrapping is necessary.  Since a roll is pretty boring and you've all seen it before, I used the diNoc as the background this time, picked up a pretty large piece of it for the case protection.

Is the hardware for flight cases stupidly expensive as i'd expect? or is it semi-reasonable? 

4690k | Asus Maximus vii hero | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2133mhz | EVGA GTX 780ti Reference | 120gb intel 530 ssd | 1tb WD black | 1tb WD Green | EVGA 750G2 | Corsair Air 540 | G502 | G240 | BenQ XL2411Z | K70 RGB

Team Robbo - Rest In Peace

OnePlus One owner