Loramentum - A watercooled, wall mounted rig - Fan and lighting upgrade! 27/01/17

Maki Role

It's just one I picked up on eBay, seems solid enough but I haven't had the chance to tr it out yet. It certainly doesn't feel flimsy and the seller had very good rep, so I'm inclined to believe it will work. I'd link the guy but I honestly can't remember where exactly I found it, haven't been able to access my eBay account either recently to check.

Ive seen those but im not sure if id trust one i've some many ideas but never ordered one. I'll see how yours turns out. Looking awesome so far. All dat bling. I wanna try building htpc is this after i've fnished my current mod: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231282099403?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 . Please dont buy it its the only one i could find :P

Steve

Ive seen those but im not sure if id trust one i've some many ideas but never ordered one. I'll see how yours turns out. Looking awesome so far. All dat bling. I wanna try building htpc is this after i've fnished my current mod: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231282099403?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 . Please dont buy it its the only one i could find :P

I want to see the NES mod, hopefully it comes out really nice! :D

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

A lot of them looked rather sketchy I must admit, they're exceptionally hard to find outside of eBay though, rather annoyingly. The mining craze made them pretty popular, but only for the 1x risers, miners have little use for 16x

Hope to see that NES mod btw! They've become quite popular little projects, impressive what you can fit into one of those.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

This is just awesome! So much love to detail! My deepest admiration!

A lot of them looked rather sketchy I must admit, they're exceptionally hard to find outside of eBay though, rather annoyingly. The mining craze made them pretty popular, but only for the 1x risers, miners have little use for 16x

Hope to see that NES mod btw! They've become quite popular little projects, impressive what you can fit into one of those.

Unfortunately it was sold but I found an original Xbox and an original white 360 so unless I can find another I'll do it in one of them.

Steve

Unfortunately it was sold but I found an original Xbox and an original white 360 so unless I can find another I'll do it in one of them.

if you do it in an original Xbox, please let me know how it turns out. I have been planning to do this for a while :D

AND DO A BUILD LOG

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

This is just awesome! So much love to detail! My deepest admiration!

Thanks dude, your beastly Noctua rig is mighty impressive too, I might add. And that's coming from somebody who very much dislikes Noctua fans!

Actually I think a build in an original Xbox would be much more interesting than even the NES idea funnily enough. Everybody and their mum seems to have launched onto the whole "build a NES PC for emulators" trend. Sure they were iconic bits of kit and it's a fun, approachable modding project, but it's a little stale now. Meanwhile the behemoth that is the original Xbox is largely ignored. You could do some great things in one of those cases, there's a lot of potential for originality.

Actually I think a build in an original Xbox would be much more interesting than even the NES idea funnily enough. Everybody and their mum seems to have launched onto the whole "build a NES PC for emulators" trend. Sure they were iconic bits of kit and it's a fun, approachable modding project, but it's a little stale now. Meanwhile the behemoth that is the original Xbox is largely ignored. You could do some great things in one of those cases, there's a lot of potential for originality.

So tempting... "stares at broken original xbox sat on the floor"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/8KC3-0726-0500/3M12026-ND/3641403

This is where this guy got his. They're much more expensive, but if you're doing a crossfire or SLI setup you'll need these because they have EMI shielding. Using these is the only reason he got a quadfire solution to work.

EDIT: Here's a link to the various performance of the extensions he used: http://www.overclock.net/t/1427731/pci-express-extender-cables-benchmarked

the thing with the others is that the computer would crash if he didn't used shielded cables.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I know that they can fit an M-itx MOBO in it (I tried it) and I think a SFX PSU might work, some low profile ram and a ssd/2.5 inch HDD and you would be set. I wonder how hard a 750/ti would be to squeeze in there

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

So tempting... "stares at broken original xbox sat on the floor"

lol. I have my dads old Xbox right beside me that I have already gutted for the cause. I wont be doing it anytime soon though:(

Thanks dude, your beastly Noctua rig is mighty impressive too, I might add. And that's coming from somebody who very much dislikes Noctua fans!

Xbox it is and its quite tall and was thinking of using this http://www.scan.co.uk/products/msi-j1800i-intel-celeron-j1800-quad-core-cpu-ddr3-so-dimm-sata-ii-3gb-s-d-sub-hdmi-mini-itx

And for those still wanting NES HTPC: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/qYBmP6

post-105690-0-21032900-1405509721_thumb.

Steve

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/8KC3-0726-0500/3M12026-ND/3641403

This is where this guy got his. They're much more expensive, but if you're doing a crossfire or SLI setup you'll need these because they have EMI shielding. Using these is the only reason he got a quadfire solution to work.

EDIT: Here's a link to the various performance of the extensions he used: http://www.overclock.net/t/1427731/pci-express-extender-cables-benchmarked

the thing with the others is that the computer would crash if he didn't used shielded cables.

If punning enough that was my exact backup in case this one doesn't work well. Luckily as I'm only using 1 GPU, things should run smoother, but there are no guarantees of course. The main reason I didn't spring for that one is that the lengths are a bit so so, 250mm is too short whilst 500 is too long. I did also find another place that does custom length ones, but again the cost went up even further and I still have to ship from the US. In any case, it'll work eventually.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-NES-Deluxe-Gray-Console-not-working-console-only-NTSC-/311013715891?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4869dcafb3

Its a little dirty, but nothing that couldn't be cleaned up.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well I've had word from the electroplaters that the components are ready and that they're on their way back to me now.  Should hopefully arrive tomorrow, quite excited to see how they've turned out.  I'll be sure to take a bunch of photos for everybody.

Well I've had word from the electroplaters that the components are ready and that they're on their way back to me now.  Should hopefully arrive tomorrow, quite excited to see how they've turned out.  I'll be sure to take a bunch of photos for everybody.

Cool :)

on the topic of converting consoles to pc's, howabout putting a pc in the shell of a PS3?

I assume it's possible. DVD drive might be a issue.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

I assume it's possible. DVD drive might be a issue.

No need for a DVD drive though. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

No need for a DVD drive though. 

But if it's an htpc It would be very helpful to have for renting movies.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

But if it's an htpc It would be very helpful to have for renting movies.

True, or just get a USB drive and hide it away when not in use. Though, I am sure that there will be a slot loading drive out there somewhere that could fit.

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Going to be a big day today!

I'll just leave this here as a teaser...

487dc3.jpg

I'll update later today with the rest.  As a clue, those who don't know EK's products, those logo badges don't come in that colour...

Going to be a big day today!

I'll just leave this here as a teaser...

-snip-

I'll update later today with the rest.  As a clue, those who know EK's products, those logo badges don't come in that colour...

Cant wait for the rest.