Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

Everyone and their mother does game reviews. Toys would be a nice addition.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

"The ball pit" inb4 "linus is gay" comments on youtube.

I would like the channel to be mostly toys with some games mixed in because there are way more gaming channels on YouTube.

My Build

- i5 4670k @ 4.4GHz - MSI z87m Mobo - 16Gb 1866MHz RAM - MSI R9 290 - Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb - 2 x 1Tb WD Blue - CX600m - H55 AIO cooler - Fractal Node 804 - Lg 25um64-s Ultrawide screen monitor -  http://pcpartpicker.com/user/colec18/saved/9FKXsY

OK.... I think that slik's video made a lot more sense to me. Don't get me wrong I loved Linus's video but not practical for ME..... That's because I'm an international subscriber (Probably wouldn't find it near my place) and I don't think i'll use them...... I voted for both but do you guys have the time to research, make videos and a lot more for so many channels.... How many are there???? 

Toys! because we're all kids inside tho some games would be good too!

I would enjoy watching either of these things.

I was actually never really interested in Trine 2, but hearing Slick talk about it, I might end up trying it, now.

I guess, while I might find the toys more immediately interesting to watch, I definitely appreciated the detail Slick went into regarding the gameplay. If I was thinking about buying a game, and Slick had a review of it, I would definitely let that review influence my buying decision. Maybe I'd like to hear more of what he thinks of the presentation, though, too; not just the gameplay... like, the aesthetic, the visual detail, and the performance (like, how demanding the game is to run and/or just how well it manages to run).

When was that? Anyone wanna tell me at what time it's at? 

It's @~3:15

"If you were to accidentally discharge it into your eye or your mouth or whatever else, you might not go Kurt Cobain on it, but it wouldn't be comfortable, that's for sure."

My Rig: CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z77, GPU: EVGA GTX 760 SC 2Gb, PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 G, RAM: 8 Gbs Corsair Vengeance @1600MHz, Storage (SSD/HDD): Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb/WD Black 1Tb

Feel free to check out my first album/EP 抱き枕 on Soundcloud and follow me for new tracks and WIPs in the future~! https://soundcloud.com/eric-bishton/sets/dakimakura

Loved Slicks game review. Toy review was cool too, but i dont really see any future in this segment

Mix it up. The more content you put up the better! =)

I think that you should make playlists separating the toys videos and the video game videos, so that people can subscribe only to the playlist so they can get only the toys if they so desire.

but it should still be in one channel 

That Kurt joke man..... really.

Too soon... just too soon.  LOL

please don't lose focus on tech. I started watching your channel about a year ago BECAUSE of the tech you covered, and build logs and how-to'. I knew how to dabble with building computers, but my computer building knowledge was reinforced by your early videos. I even bought the ASUS VG24-whatever, I forget the name, but the 144hz refresh rate monitor BECAUSE of your recommendation and review.

so please, don't lose focus on tech coverage!

thanks!

sincerely,

an avid follower of your YouTube channel =)

edit: I did vote, just in case someone wanted to flame me for trolling. I chose to mix toys and games.

EDIT: This must not have been clear enough. These are concepts for a NEW channel. We're not ditching LinusTechTips...

Okay so while this is still a normal thread and we'll likely be checking out your responses, we've got a couple ideas already that we'd really like to do, so unless something absolutely unbelievable comes along in the comments here it'll be one of those two...

Please watch the video before voting. Luke and I worked (somewhat) hard on putting together these pilot "proof of concept" episodes, and while they aren't perfect they should give you a taste of what's to come.... if you want to see it, that is...

i just thought of a good name "Linus Fun Dip"

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

Really liked both of your pilots and would love to see Slick's input on the toys and Linus' on the games. Especially liked the concept of the gaming channel, hardly anyone covers budget games which are not AAA titles. Would love to see some good indie games reviewed! :D

And as for the toys and collectibles ~ GIVE ME MOAAAR!!! :D

Best of Luck! ~ :)

I'm pretty sure everyone already has a gaming channel that they watch so they wouldn't bother watching another one.

Toys and Games...

With that said, Toys that collectors would want to collect and/or display. Portal 2 Collectables, Minecraft Collectables etc... I think you see where I am going with this..

As for Games? Games that can be played on multi-platforms... A variety of games of a certain price point for the average gamer... Not everyone owns a super powerful gaming rig. The majority are somewhere in between.

Thanks guys...

BTW Linus getting the cops called on him for having a BUG GUN! Priceless.... WOW Linus time to move where people aren't so nervous of someone owning a toy that shoots salt... Maybe next time dress up as a storm trooper and use the gun where you live...

LMBO!

I'd like to see more of the vlog type of videos done with a not so great camera and no editing

Old Linus' videos style FTW!

You have all of that retro hardwere behind you but its not used in the gaming channel? I would love to see reviwes, overviews, general disscution and lets plays with linus and slick with retro games.  slicks outings to colect more retro games could be a another series.

I'm subscribed to so many gaming channels, I really didn't need another one from LTT, but I like them. Voted for Ball Pit/mix bag.

Praise the Lamp!

Waiting for next video ( mixed)   :D

Nobody wants one more game channel

But every body love toys  ;)

So vote for Toys&Games

well linus you used to get tremendous amounts of views from hobby stuff like the fire truck and the excavator videos so i think the toy idea is great. I would personally like to see some gaming videos focused on games that aren't triple A titles but are still awesome games like trine 2. i voted for using both. good luck with your new channel. im sure it will be very successful 

Call it "TaG Team"...Toy's and Games...Team (Linus and Slick)

I would like to see both of these concept developed but maybe a different way, I think that would much more entertaining if there was some kind of a discussion between you in both topic, because when you're together you are much better

Rig: i7 4770k, R9 290 tri-x, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, Asus Z97 PRO, Corsair RM750, Carbide 300r, Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo, 120Gb samsung 840 evo, 2tb WD green

I picked both because I really see potential in grabbing huge audiences over to the LinusMediaGroup community. There are some things to mention for both but I know adjustments will be made as time goes on. 

But with that said, it's going to be some serious innovation for Luke's channel idea to really take off. Once again he may change some formatting than what I saw in the video; but if I had to compare it with another Youtuber, it gives me a TotalBiscuit feel, just shorter. I like how he talks about his personal experience with the game and he nicely explains the basics to the game and what it is. Also the game play footage was well placed. All that right there is better than most basic game reviewers and press in the game industry. Not sure what it needs exactly, but it needs something different, because I'm not fully persuaded for that channel yet. But it's promising none the less.

There's my two cents. Don't know why I gave it. But hey. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.