Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

if you're gonna do a gaming channel, at try to be more enthusiastic, you seemed like you were reading off a list and not showing any passion or interest in the game

I think that both would be a good idea.  Not really my thing but that might be because of underexposure to the different products and budget games out there.  Not going to know if I like em unless I see them haha.  Also, would give you a nice break from same old same old eh Linus and Slick.  

We all have to remember that there is going to be periods of time where there isn't new products out.  Or Products that the LTT crew can't show us yet.  Might be nice to have something to fill the time.  

I just would just get sad tho if it got in the way of our scheduled programming.  I love the reviews.  Keep up the good work guys.

I love toys. I always wanted the Lego Millenium Falcon. I also like Lego City series.

Both the Toy review and Game overview made me #1 laugh, kept me #2 entertained, and I thought #3 you guys did a decent job. @LinusTech and Slick should go ahead with a channel with the wit and charm to keep viewers interested, yet maintain the humble approach they have taken with some of the ... less scrupulous technology reviews. (professionalism with a bit of "har har" thrown in for good measure).

I find that while there are a lot of Game Review channels out there, not many of them have kept my attention span for very long, other than NODE/FreddieW, but then again, that's because they're good at pulling off some hilarious BS whilst still promoting whatever they're filming. It works well. So I guess what I''m saying is be unique and stray away from the cookie-cutter-like channels that get signed on by YouTube Partner Companies or whatever it is they're called now.

Maybe call the channel GAME&TOY? You know, like a parody... of that office supply store... which I shall not name to keep legal costs at a minimum. :D

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Would be cool to see both I think.

Maybe game accessories as well? Good gamepads / headsets

The cat project is unlikely to be resurrected unless I start breeding exotic cats (something I do want to do when I get older)...

linus you knew what the answer was going to be and the vote does not make sense but still i voted 

I feel like game reviews is sort of meh... But I get the fact that there must be a lot of noobs just getting into games at this point in time and that probably helps them out like it would have helped me in the past.

But I like toys...I go into department stores with the intent to buy clothes and then find the toy isle and look at the Lego.

I liked the toy review much more. During the game review I got bored fairly quickly. If I were to suggest something it would be to review lego sets. I have almost all the architecture ones built and I need ideas lol.

Really, it's kind of hard to vote for either idea.

The toy idea does seem fun, and could maybe even tie into some tech if it showcased some USB toys or something, but unless it breaks into some unexplored region of toys it might be hard to say it was anything new as I'm sure there are already more established toy reviewers out there (though that should not not dissuade from doing it), but to be fair it was hard to find some actual toy reviewers to back this up. That being said it could be even more tied into to LTT if it featured more tech-focused toys such USB ones, as said, or maybe something that could be made with tech, if possible, with like a raspberry pi or maybe to repurpose something (as parts inside maybe). Though of the two it would have my vote it is hard to give it a fair choice between them with only one video of each.

For the gaming channel that is even harder to say anything that could be done there hasn't been done by anyone else. And really at this point I'm sure those channels get review samples before a full release is out for everyone else so their reviews come out in a timely manner in the same way LTT get samples of new tech to be reviewed when they come out. Even a few days after a game release wouldn't be fast enough to be relevant as it stands now, especially in the beginning as it would take a long time to get a certain science of the reviews down and find the right way you guys want it done. Though this point won't be fair and it was just a single video on a single way the videos could be done; a general overview and baseline review of a game, any game, just isn't new and is fairly boring compared to anything else that could be watched instead by someone light years more established (Zero Puncuation or even Total Biscuit). But that of course should not dissuade from doing it as probably every one of them started out when there were way more ones they had to catch up to.

But, that all being said, the whole gaming review scene is huge right now and having even a fraction of the subscribers that LTT has right now could be what it would need to be huge, and it could be even more your guy's style if you did reviews on mods of games, particularly major overhauls and and even fan made stuff like with Black Mesa or older games that are given a makeover or made to work on newer computers (this coming off the sentiment that LTT focuses more towards an overclockers look at things and over clocking stuff since nobody else was doing it).

Actually I would totally vote for the gaming one if it was more towards that mod/major game overhaul/fan made stuff idea... Might even have to take that for myself. And if you guys use that idea I'll take a humble 10%.

I would watch the toy channel if someone called the cops on him every time

Linus where can i get the shirt you are wearing?

Linus + salt gun = death to all flying miniature pests.. A definite toy channel with games involved! That seems like a nice way to go..

Like both ideas, so went with mixture. 

Loved the toys idea, however the games idea I thought that there are already to many gaming channels so wasn't that interested in it. However after watching Slick's take on the gaming channel, which I thought was fantastic I am sold on both ideas.

Also are you considering boardgames? 

Adding "mixed" in there really made my choice that much easier. I found both of the videos to be quite great. So mixed it is. Not sure how often Linus & the Linus Tech Tip guys are going to update their channel, but I'm guessing every other week, so one week games-next week toys.

Isn't a game just a digital toy after all? Well, maybe not, but both do bring joy.

Still, can't wait.

SlickStuffTips ? 

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

For Slick's gaming videos, it would be cool to post text versions of the videos too in a "review" format - I find things of that nature far easier to absorb when I read them, rather than when they're spoken about.

They both sound great, and would definitely be a great thing on the side (like once a week and rotating) or possibly one toy once a week and a game one whenever a great game is on sale (it would have to be out pretty fast though so we get time to go and grab it)  :D

MIXED!!!

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Mix because I love videogames, and grew up with them. As much as I love gaming I grew up with toys, such as legos, and paintball guns. I favor games, because I go into more trouble with toys :D

will there be linus sandals reviews? :D.... just kidding

I'd argue there isn't the audience/content for a pure "toys" channel, but equally, Luke is wading in dangerous territory with a pure gaming/review channel (ahem, TotalBiscuit, ahem).....the two rolled together sounds like the best choice for me.

I enjoyed the clips you guys made so I think you should do toys and games 

I'd love to see both. But I would really like to see a regular upload. Maybe not as much as Linus Tech Tips channel, but at least 2 videos per week (1 toy review and 1 game review).