Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

Toys is a much more original idea. Plus, I like to know what awesome things I can waste my money on. 

/\  _   /\

=( ಠ__ಠ )=

)         ( 

There are far too many mediocre gaming channels but hardly any good channels focused on toys/figurines/other collectibles 

Best neighbours ever, calls the police just for an obvious toy gun. 

You should've filmed the conversation with them.

:D

I'd say both but if I had to choose one it'd be toys because there are way too many gaming focused channels

Toy channel got my vote.

The pilot from slick was just soooooo boring xD. And there are so many channels with Games reviews/and what not, don't really need another one.

Although you haven't put this out there, a lot of people like vlogs and behind the scenes videos/bloopers with low production values.

I know that the downside to this is sifting through a lot of video to get little snippets but you and your team are very interest and charismatic people, and the audience really want to see that more. 

I can imagine you'll disagree with this but people like setup tours and equipment tours. Not the extend of Unbox Theory (no offence) where he has a page on his site Amazon affiliating everything he owns, but more like MKBHD and Austin where they show all their equipment but without pushing people to buy it. Also this semi invades your personal space but your home setup e.g home pc setup, media pc, home network setup etc.

TL;DR

People like vlogs/bloopers/behind the scenes

How about setup tours, equipment tours/overview, home gaming pc setup, home media pc, home network.

Also voted for both topics in one channel

post a blooper vid of all your fails 

I'd like to see more of the vlog type of videos done with a not so great camera and no editing

So, what was the convo with the cops like? Any extra footage? ;)

EDIT: What about a weekly behind the scenes vlog?

How about two new channels? One for the "toys" and one for bloopers and vlogs?

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

While I was prepared to say something regarding the toys bit being subjective to "cool factor" or being interesting, I guess that's the same thing as games anyway. I almost wanted to say I'd prefer a gaming channel with toys slightly mixed in but honestly it's not going to be much different if it were 50/50. Also, you said the toys bit might be a bit vloggy, which is always a bonus.

I say go for both. I know I'd sub; those pilots were fucking good.

Toys are really, really awkward to look that since they're...you know...for children...so why are you reviewing them...ugh...

Gaming it's the most boring thing in this format, it's just slick talking for 10 minutes and some gameplay clips lol

I think you guys are better off without this channel to be honest, what if you don't get views and keep pumping them out, extra work and nothing from it? I honestly don't know who could keep watching that over and over...but your choice i guess...

The point of this thread is to share your opinion and explain why you think that, not try to persuade them into doing what you want. Please have some respect 

I'm going to say Toys.  Lots of people already do games and it's kinda hard to come up with a unique approach.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

That Kurt joke was awesome

Edit. Both please

Edited by ObeseWalrus

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I really think Slick did a great job with his video and it was really good, but I think that there are already so many good game channels, but there's hardly any good toy ones. I voted for a mixed one as I liked both, but if I just had to pick one I would pick the toy channel every day of the week. (I'm also not opposed to having moar cat videos.. Ahem Linus..)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Its pretty obvious that the Toys/Gaming channel is wanted as everyone would expect more content. but honestly, I believe a toy only channel would be best.

It would probably produce better and more unique content. With a ton of existing gaming channels, the gaming part of the channel would get very dull very fast.

But there is a lack of fun toys channel, and I would want to add those videos to my subscription, and not flood it with gaming videos that half a dozen other youtubers already provide.

Luke's short summation of the games rival cynicalbrits review of games and i like what he has been doing.I love Linus' video about the salt gun I would have also like to see the talk with the cops. Linus why did you cut that part out that would have been funny.

Simply because of gaming channel is over saturated.

I would like to watch toys video.

though I can already know that is will always be the combo option wins.

but please, make the toys video more than the games do.

Toys are really, really awkward to look that since they're...you know...for children...so why are you reviewing them...ugh...

Gaming it's the most boring thing in this format, it's just slick talking for 10 minutes and some gameplay clips lol

I think you guys are better off without this channel to be honest, what if you don't get views and keep pumping them out, extra work and nothing from it? I honestly don't know who could keep watching that over and over...but your choice i guess...

The point of this thread is to share your opinion and explain why you think that, not try to persuade them into doing what you want. Please have some respect 

I don't see what the is the problem with is post, he is giving his opinion....

Simply because of gaming channel is over saturated.

I would like to watch toys video.

though I can already know that is will always be the combo option wins.

but please, make the toys video more than the games do.

man it is two different people doing the videos slick will do his own thing and linus will do his own thing. So twice the amount of content why bicker 

For gaming can they do a pewdiepie like video and a video like how they showed

Greetings from Germany! I would love to see the additional channel come true, but only if: you still have time to eat/sleep and keep the good work on WAN Show, Techquickie, etc.

I would watch anything these guys put out and so would alot of people who subscribed to linus tech tips. People like you always like to discourage people trying to make progress. They will get views and if they don't they can always kill the channel.

I've stated this in the video comments already, but while I like the idea of some linusmediagroup gaming channel, I really didn't like the particular video you made.

It was (for me at least) boring as hell (no humour whatsoever), and it wasn't very informative either. Hell, you didn't even specify what kind of game it was (as in "what genre").
In addition, the whole thing seemed very scripted, almost like you were just reading it out. The whole video felt like a badly made powerpoint presentation you'd make in highschool,

not made to entertain or spark interested, just for the sake of making it and getting a good grade.

If the future videos will be anything like this first one, I just won't bother watching them, there are channels like totalbiscuit (ofc TB is hard to beat) which are both more entertaining and informative than this video.

If you want the gaming videos to be successful, to stand out from the thousands on youtube, you need to add your unique style to them.

What I personally would love to see is a livestream where you both get together and play a game which neither of you have played before.

i would like to say both because they were both interesting, but i know if you concentrate on this new channel the tech one will decrease and i like watching your tech one a lot, that is originally why i subscribed 

I'm really sorry Luke, but if I had to be honest about this, I guess I would vote for the Toys channel.

While I am sure that if you got a chance to try out a gaming channel, its content would improve over time, but if I had to vote right off the bat, my reason for choosing the other would be that the gaming channel seemed a bit long. Perhaps a bit more gaming footage would be nice, but as it stands now, it failed to keep my attention   :( [i guess it was just the game] I'm really sorry about this and it made me really uncomfortable typing this up :'(

PS- Another reason for me choosing one instead of both is because you guys look really tied up as it is. Supporting four [NCIXcom, LTT, TQ, + forums] networks seems like a lot of work and adding two more makes it seem like a lot of hassle. Continue adding a channel guys only if you guys have the time, otherwise, for your own benefit, don't. I would hate to see you guys getting burned out making videos.