Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

I actually really enjoyed your review of Trine, Luke. It was well written and well spoken and I think you brought up some interesting points about the game (as a person who has already played it).

As for the toy channel idea, while I did enjoy it (particularly the jab at Curt Cobain), I don't find it being quite as useful to me in the long run as I rarely spend money toys and collectibles.

All in all, I would sub either channel as I generally enjoy hearing the Linus Media Groups opinions on tech, games, and other random mcguffins :P

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

Everyone and their grandmother is reviewing games these days. Do toys. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

1. vlog

2. toys.

3. cats

4. toys & games

5. games

There is already the afterparty that has plenty of games, and most youtube channels these days are all about gaming. It's nice to take a break.

honestly, i want more unboxing videos.

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

That game review was probably the most in-depth game review I have ever seen. That's all good but idk if many people will watch through it all. Perhaps have gameplay videos as well?

As for the Toys and collectibles i think it can be bundled with the gaming one if it is not just reviews and the "budget bin".

Also, Bring back the unboxings in the Tech Forum!

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Hey,

So... i voted for both because i see no reason why you shouldn't do both on the same channel, as long as the format permits it. You'd get a larger audience i assume.

Personally, i'm not that much into gaming. I follow the industry news, new releases and play maybe 1-2 games per year... so the toys section seemed ever so slightly more appealing.

That being said, i was surprised with the game Luke reviewed and the way he presented it was very pleasant. Although i'm not much of a gamer i now find myself inclined to give Trine2 a shot.

Good luck with the new channel, because I cannot imagine when you will have time to do that as well!!

i5 3570K@4.3GHz | GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB | Corsair Vengeance LP Blue 8GB 1600MHz | Asus GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II | Noctua NH-D14 | All Noctua NF-F12 | Corsair TX850M | CM Storm Trooper | All DemciFlex custom intake filters

Both are good but man Linus killed it in his video. I was initially taken aback by that Kurt Cobain joke but it was really well executed, and I also liked the story with the funny analogies about personal use with the moving camera, it felt like story time with Linus. loved it. Oh and Linus goes to Jail I really don't want to see that as a meme.

Lukes was very dry, here are the facts, this is good this could be used better but it doesn't take away from the game, the story is good ,insert smile and a story (we'll put that in a market mutual fund, reinvest the earnings into foreign currency accounts with compounding interests aaaaand it's gone) it's something that I might watch but it's missing the shine that Linus' had mind you Linus killed it his video and I doubt that he will be able to recreate that magic. The background looks awesome and the content is good it just missing something that is sort of unquantifiable to really sell it to me.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

If there's going to be more bug-killing tools/guns... TOY CHANNEL FTW!!

You need a 5th option

I want to see 2 more new channels, one with the cops and toys and one with cops and game reviews. Not just 1 new channel with both. I don't like mixed channels, especially when the subject matter is very different.

Bringing out Linus's inner child, or Watching Slick play, give reviews, and show us good deals on epic games...I just can't choose one, good thing there is an option for both.

Nothing to see here, move along

I think you should do toys, games, and other random videos you guys happen to make.

I think it"s a cool new concept! I like the gaming side more but also for the fun of it make an channel where u upload these toy video's! ;)

I enjoyed both channel ideas and see no reason not to mix them.  vlog style is a nice change of scenery and the gaming review was well done but I'd rather read it as it was a little drawn out to listen to and more In-Game footage was needed.  

it was kind of like getting a lecture on the game rather then hey here is a cool game to play because of this,this, and this.

maybe do game recommendation rather then reviews or game commentaries as both I feel are over done everywhere else.  

Overall I would like to see both options explored for your new content.

Tumblr_inline_mm163uHay91qz4rgp.gif

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

The cat project is unlikely to be resurrected unless I start breeding exotic cats (something I do want to do when I get older)...

Why don't you create linuscattips a more personal channel with blogs and behind the scenes?

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I hope for both games and toys :3

I do hope that if you create a channel with games AND toys, make it like two different channels, and not one combined, seems vierd to combine games and toys on ONE channel... (or some kind of sub-channel, or whatever)

also, a suggestion for future potential gaming vids, you could have some special edition vids, like once a month or so, when you try out full bundles (like humble bundle weekly or so...) and give a short look at every game, and also a rating of the bundle. That would be really helpful! :).

BTW, love the latest vid, the police made me laugh so hard x)

Profile picture: Cassie from "Skins UK "

I probably won't be subscribing to either channel. I don't

really have any more time to invest in Youtube. I do want

to portray my thoughts on both channels.

I experienced the toys pilot as "the best" as it takes me

back to the glorious time of LinusTechTips, where Linus

was right up close and personal with the camera and

he wasn't reading a script.

I have missed that video style a lot. It was what I sub-

scribed to in the beginning of LTT and what I have

always tried to defend any time Linus was asking for

ideas regarding the format and production value of

his videos.

This is also why I liked the video games pilot less: it's

very clear the Slick is reading a script, something I do

not prefer at all. I get that you don't want to forget any-

thing, but I still like a lot better that someone speaks

passionatly instead of reading a script.

To draw a conclusion, I would prefer the toys channel

format over the video games channel format. I would

love to see more videos where Linus just rambles on

about whatever he likes or dislikes about a certain

product or topic. It's something he's good at and it's

something I recognize him for.

EDIT: I won't vote, as my opinions portrayed above are

about the format and not the subject of the videos. The

poll is more about the subject than the format.

Also, I think a poll like this should be done anonymous.

Having your name publicly displayed might alter the

selected option.

Some rare tech or EXTREME / Server build eg 2 xeons or Home Server guides like you 10gbps file server ;)

PC Editing / Gaming Rig Specs : i7-3930k @ 4ghz w/ Hyper 212 Evo | 840 Evo 250gb and Seagate 1TB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | Zotac GTX 780 | Corsair Vengeance C70 Green | OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS / Win10 #KilledMyWife #MakeBombs

I'm not going to comment on the content of the videos because these are still in its infancy. But just to give you guys am idea, when creating a chanel name and descriptions(internally or when advertising) make sure it's something that will be meaning full even when you change or evolve your content. Other than that I look forward to the new stuff you guys bring.

I like both ideas but I feel like the toy channel WA's delivered better and is more unique

Definitely games only. But don't just focus on AAA titles (there are to many of those already).

Linus can keep his toys all to himself. ;)

:D