Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

I went with gaming and was surprised more people didn't want to see it for how much of a following you have which whom are "gamer's". either way I liked the toy review type stuff but the gaming I would really like to see take off, maybe not so much reviews but actual decent gameplay, when ever I watch gameplaay videos I get bored but if you were to just cut the crap out and show the good stuff, I think that would be great almost like a highlights of a play through. ah well early idea in the process I guess if I could change my vote i would choose both now. but yeah more than anything shape it into what ever you want, there nothing like forcing yourself upon something you don't want to do! 

When was that? Anyone wanna tell me at what time it's at? 

3:21

Just wait until the vegans see the toy video :D , I think the toy idea would be more popular considering the saturation of gaming reviews on youtube.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i3 3220 |     Mobo:     Asus  P8H77i |    RAM:    Non-bra nded (yeah i know) 8GB DDR3 |    GPU:    Palit GTX 660 ti |     Case:    Cooler Master Elite 1 20 |   Storage:   Cruc ial M4 64GB SSD/500GB HDD |   PSU:   OCZ CoreXtreme 500W |  Display:  Samsung SA550   |  Cooling:  Cooler Master Vor tex 211Q | Keyboard: CM Storm Q uickfire TK (Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G602/Steelseries QcK Mass

As long as the tech is not affected i would love to see a mixture of both :)

I liked Linus' video more, but that might be because I already played both trine games so Luke's was not very informative.

Athlon X4 760K | MSI A88X-G43 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333Mhz | MSI R7 260X 2GB | Corsair 300R | Corsair CX430 | 640GB HDD | Windows 7 64-bit

HP W2071d 20" 900p TN | Stock Dell K/B | Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 + SteelSeries Qck Portal 2 Ed. | Grado SR80i + cheap 2.0 speakers

I would love a channel with a mixture of both, but make no more than 1 video every week because i still want you guys to focus on the tech community but this would be an awesome channel.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

I think we should have a channel that alternates between a gaming video and a toy video on a regular basis :)

also, i do miss the old-fashioned one man with a camera in his loft videos :(

Specs: Intel Core i5 3570k, 8gb Corsair Vengance memory, ASRock z77 extreme 4, Novatech Powerstation Black Edition 750W, MSI GTX 670 Power Edition, Zalman z11plus Case, Samsung 840 SSD, 6TB NAS, Corsair H80 CPU cooler

http://gangevo.com/

well... It looks like we're going to get a gaming and toys channel. 

Also, theballpit is available as a channel name. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

As with the vast majority of people, I would love to see a mixture of the two.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

I'm a conciencious objector, so I'm all for the games ;). But seriously, Kyles video was actually pretty useful (actually a very, very good review even compared to more established gaming channels) while the bug-a-salt is a pretty useless gadget and I prefer substantial stuff over flashy just for fun videos any time. Actually both fun and substantial would be great.

Luke, goddamit, Luke Skywalker, not Kyle Katarn! :D

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I agree on having both toys and gaming, but on the gaming side you have to really innovate because there are way too many gaming channels. In the pilot episode of the gaming channel i disliked that there wasn't more footage of the game, you should green screen a cam view (like Siv HD or yogcast does) or use it just for intro of the game. 

Another thing that i didn't liked is that, when you talk about something in game , you should probably show the footage related to that (you talked about warrior trowing hammer but you haven't show any in game related stuff about that).

This reminds me of old game reviews. Reviews that made you play a game despite being bad. 

I think having a channel with both mixed in would be great.

I think Linus had the advantage in the reels because the cops showed up :)

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I prefer both of best worlds!

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 | GPU: XFX 6700XT 12GB | Case: Deepcool Matrexx 70 | Storage: XPG Gammix Gen3x4 M.2 (NVMe) 256GB - ADATA SU 740 SSD 500GB - T-FORCE Vulcan 2.5" SSD 500GB - Mushkin Enhanced Source 2.5" 500GB SSD - Gigabyte Aorus 2TB NVMe Gen 4  | PSU: Enermax Triathlor Semi-Modular ECO 800w 80 PLUS Bronze | Display: MSI Optix MAG27OVC 144Hz | Cooling: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B | OS: Windows 11 Home | Steam Deck 

PC Peripherals: 

Mouse: G502 Hero & Razer Basilisk HyperSpeed Wireless | Keyboard: Ducky One Mini 65% | Mousepad: Techsource Topo Black | DAC: Schitt Fulla 2 & SYBA USB DAC | Headset: Alienware AW510H & Astro A40 TR | Speakers: Logitech Z323 

You sold me on Trine 2... I would go for both. I like the fun of the toys and the detailed honesty in the game review. That being said I would like Luke to get some sleep so maybe once a week.

Toys and non computer related tech like 80% and other 20 gaming. :)

I like more gaming oriented channel, but the way Slick do it doesn't really appeal to me... I like more actions, like what Linus did in his pilot but toys in general doesn't appeal to me as well. Sure, I like the salt gun but if it's going towards NERF or something I'll probably watch because it's Linus, not because of the product

If Slick shows how he play the games instead of talking about the game review, I'll probably watch the game channel more.

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

I like the idea of having a new channel with toys and gaming mixed in, but based on the pilots I would only recommend the toy channel. Linus unboxing toys is an extension of what he already does in his tech unboxings, so it feels natural and familiar. There was nothing inherently wrong with Slick's gaming pilot, but I couldn't see anything unique about it that differentiates it from the billion other gaming channels on Youtube. I still think you guys should do a mix of toy and gaming videos, but you need to find an unique angle for the gaming videos.

Very much of us are gamers that found this channel because were looking how to build a gaming rig (the best way). I believe that mix channel will work best since it will provide what must of us (the gamers) like and other new original things in toys for others. But please, be objective. If a game is a waste of time and money, say it (just like you do with the actual videos). Give always your honest opinion. Also, Slick will have a lot of material to discuss with Star Citizen on that channel (i am seen a weekly update of LTT The Conglomerate in the near future?) .

I apologize for the selfishness of the following post:

As much as I love games, I follow at least 4(sometimes 5) channels centered around gaming. Two of those channels I go for the comedy more than the gaming.

I'd like the channel based around toys because that caters to another side for me. I'm not much of a collector, but I do like the idea of a channel based around these toys that I might find cool enough to buy. Basically, this would be a good channel for me to potentially keep up with the toy industry and see what cool things they have going on

Looks like the mixture is the more popular. Hell I cant choose between the two of you so the compromise channel made the most sense. I think it's a good idea and you fellas should roll with it.

Proc: Intel Core i9 9900K 5GHz OC MoBo: ASUS Maximus XI Formula Z390 Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200MHz 32GB  Vidcard: ASUS RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC Sound: Creative Sound Blaster AE-5 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 240GB  HDD: 4X WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX 850i Case: Corsiar 760T Black Monitor: ASUS PG278QE 165Hz 1ms  Peripheral: Razer Huntsman Elite - Deathadder V2 - Sabertooth Controller

Both, but I'd like you to lean more towards toys...  The current market is saturated with games.. youtube is saturated with gaming channels. Things like boomerangs, bow and arrows, water guns, paintballs guns, toy cars, model toy cars, model ships, RC helicopters, RC boats, rc cars (drift rc offroad, petrol, and battery), ninja stars, kunai's, anime collectors items, bouncy balls, dominoes, legos, soo many toys... games its like meh.. another AAA title that is not with the AAA marketing. Indie games is quite interesting, PC simulation games like iRacing, Pcars, Assetto corsa, war thunder. Those are games worth playing these days. Games gave become toooo mainstream in "this is what a FPS is supposed to be like, stick to this formula."

I have myself considered a gaming channel but Slic|< I'm going to be honest a gaming review channel won't work.  An interactive gaming channel of gaming sessions you guys have together over ts with a couple of friends, just having fun is better than, taking a game and reviewing it aaaand ur done with it.

I'd love to see both toys and gaming, especially toys!

Also, I miss the old style of your videos like these and the personal rig updates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjXH0S2iqTA

I find these kind of videos very informative. And they are not so professional looking like the newer ones, they were more personal, natural and direct. I'd love to see the toys videos in the style of the old ones!

I'm subscibed to your channel and watching your videos for years, keep up the good work! Respect

How is this channel going to affect the number of tech videos you make?