Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

Don't know what toys pertain to, but if it means more videos i'm all for it.

Personally what I'd like to see more of is food reviews though. I want food reviews from regular supermarket type stuff to fast food chains (because unfortunately mom and pop restaurant reviews aren't really useful to most since we can't go out and test/buy the product for ourselves)

I feel like the food review market isn't big enough at all in North America while it's something extremely popular in many other places. On youtube Japan for example the most popular channel by far is just food and drink reviews of products they sell on supermarket shelves. 

I am a 100% serious about this and I think you should definitely think about it.

Supermarket food and Fast food isn't worth reviewing, it's just not very good...

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I didn't think I would like a "toys" channel but when I saw Linus' video it was actually surprisingly entertaining but a gaming channel just seems like it would be very similar to the other 1,000,000 gaming channels.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Mix of both. That's really the only option here.

I vote for both channels good luck.

More videos with cops! (was that an option?)

I can do this, I just want some cake. - Linus Sebastian

You guys do great with the tech channel, but if you are going to branch out, don't exclusively stay with the helpful and informative format that you use with LTT. I watch LOTS of those other channels (tech and toy) and the ones that seem to do well, they just seem to be having fun while doing it. Perhaps with the toy/collectible aspect, start more with a basic review, then move on to more of the utility/fun. With gaming side of it, people are drawn to the users having fun... makes us want to be part of the game, to buy it and play it with our friends, just like we see on youtube. Just food for though, maybe go out on youtube and see what successful youtubers in the respective channels are doing, and make your own LTT spin on it.

I'm actually surprised that NO ONE else has mentioned this... I'm not really into killing bugs for no reason and it bothered me to have to do it to test this toy... ESPECIALLY because I captured it first.... If it had a fighting chance I'd have felt a bit better... I honestly figured PETA would be all over me about this video, but no one cares about flies I suppose...

I was thinking that when you did the video. I like that style of unboxing/review like you used to do, but it is a bit controversial.

I guess you could have dressed Slick up as a fly and shot him. That would be something worth watching :P

"Slick. You're fired!" :P

Supermarket food and Fast food isn't worth reviewing, it's just not very good...

Take a look at Ashens videos. He does those exactly on the premise of food and toys being totally terrible and it works quite well :P (poundland/chinese knockoffs)

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

It just makes sense to mix both together in a new channel. It allows for more episodes/content. Some people like toys and not games and vice versa. Watching that video though, The toys episode I liked better, even though I don't care about toys. The video game episode needs to be a little more up beat. Poor Luke looked like he was going to get murdered the whole episode. By the way, I hope there was footage from the police interaction!

I really couldn't care less about a toy channel. My vote goes for a games channel. I wouldn't mind if you don't both but i wouldn't watch the toy videos.

Either way it doesn't really matter so long as you keep up the number of tech videos.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

As long as the first proper (not pilot) toy video is a USB butt plug review, then I'm down

CPU: FX 6300 @ stock Mobo: Gigabyte 990FX UD5 v3.0 GPU: 1 x R9 290 4GB RAM: 24GB DDR3 1600 SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB HDD: 1 x 1TB & 1 x 500GB PSU: BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W Case: Coolermaster Elite 370 (upside down due to lack of stick thermal pads for memory heatsinks) CPU Cooler: Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 GPU Coolers: Thermalright HR03-GT Fans: 5 x Akasa Apache Blacks, 1 x Corsair 120mm SP HP (GPU) & 1 x Noctua 92mm
Most of this was from mining rig, hence the scewy specs (especially PSU)

I'm definetly not the first person to suggest this but, could you guys maybe get Edzel or Brenden to create a Photography/Videography channel?

The channel would focus on multiple things including:

-Techniques both before and after post editing, (read: when to apply noise reduction on photos during workflow, how to get the best results from your Camera/DSLR before post processing ).

-Coverng news in the industry (new lens, different takes on pre-established techniques).

-Maybe even photography gear "build-guides" (if your going out to shoot landscapes is it better to bring a wide prime lens or a midrange-zoom lens, and at night what lens will alow you to get the best results. 

I don't see this channel as something you would post to daily. Instead I believe that you would get the best results by posting on a once or twice a week schedule (say Monday and Thursday.)

Again this is only a concept, but i know that I, aswell as many others would love to see something resembling this. 

Have an excellent day, 

-Camofelix       

I love the idea of new areas to make videos! As long as it doesn't interfeere too much on the LinusTechTips Channel! 

The GamDealz one would be really awesome for me! I basically only buy full price when i am SUUUPER STOKED about that game, other times i only get when they're a good deal, I probably lose some good games because i didn't see/didn't think about playing them. 

The Toys and collectibles would be awesome for my coworker here at the office who is a basically a Collectophile and has statues, collectibles and extras on almost everything he likes!

|CPU : Core i7 4770 (non-K :( ) | GPU : XFX RX 480 GTR 8GB @ 1385Mhz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | PSU: XFX 850W PRO | Case: In-Progress Silverstone TJ-07 |

Zenfone 2 ZE551ml 32GB + 64GB SD - Rooted LineageOS |

I vote for both. I would love to see a mix

keep up the good work  :D

fractal define r4 - msi z77 mpower - i5 3570k 4.5ghz -alphacool water cooling+noctua -gtx 780ti-1323mhz-1.25v - corsair ax760i -vertex 4 120gb x2 - 840 evo 500gb - asus xonar dgx 

corsair k70 - logitech g502 - sennheiser game zero - logitech z906 5.1 -samsung 46" iiyama 27"144hz - http://gabegaming.com/

for a trial A mix of both, but less mixed, more separate, same channel though, alternated content, easier to see which show people are tuning in for.

I really enjoyed, short but sweet demo. Awesome.

Lmao at poooolice and fly halfpipe :D

i think there should be a channel where any thing goes. games/toys/kitchen apliances/ linus and lukes recipies so on and so on. and may be some vlogs now and then love to see what a day in the world linus tech tips looks like.

Iwould love to see both. Remembered my childhood days

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

If you do gaming videos and reviews you should put the quick benchmark tests in them to. Slick unfortunately doesn't have the pizzazz Linus does. I think Linus could sell a turd to people, he is such a salesman. I did like the fly shooter and I thought it would be dumb...it's awesome that the cops showed up.

LinusFunTips for games and toys 
one of the best game reviews I've seen in a while

I like both the concepts, although i would prefer too see them both rolled into one channel as a sort of ""geeky personal interests" channel than just one or 2 things dedicated too it.something like maybe "compressed wan" or a concept along those lines... those 2 genres while being fun seem just a little limiting, also an incorporation of the gameplay from your playthroughs.. maybe with webcam footage overlayed so we can hear/see reactions would be a nice touch and add a personal quality to the channel.. this personal touch and how you seem to be a true geek at heart is one of the few reasons i have stayed so dedicates as a viewer of your show... and as a hopeful canadian convert and employee... but thats just a pipedream :)

I thought the toy idea was creative and amusing, but the gaming channel just seems like it will be more useful and professional. Though I don't mind the occasional RC toy on your main channel.