Poll: What Content Do you Want to See from Linus Media Group

LinusTech

I definiftly think a mixed format would work bestfor now, then at the point where one or the other either peters out or they both become large enough to merit their own channels it can be adjusted.

If you create the you channel there will definitly be new content than a lot of the tech/game community is familiar with that could become a big success!, however we are the tech and game community. So the video Luke(Slick) did was more of just review giving hints, tips, cons, design aspects, a review I know there are tons of channels with these buts seeing you guys comments would be interesting as we'll,

I think that you may want to change the format of what you do with the gaming portion actually new idea and if anyone reads this you may want to comment on this! You have a lot of people for the toys video and a lot of people for the gaming so you could probably do a channel about gaming with the toys you review so with the bug-a-salt a fly killing game in summer( obviously not the best example considering killing things in mass numbers on YouTube) but if you review rcs you could race them and show you playing games with the toys you review.

The above is an idea however in my opinion looking at comments and numbers on the poll so far people want the gaming aspects along with toys not one or the other that's clear. However slicks style gaming video was a review tons of that content out there and not so much toys, several people have commented they'd prefer the toys because there are reviews and such out there so if the combination is to be what the users and reviewers want I believe you should change the way the gaming content is looked at. Possibly look at how popular your content is where you playd games in your after parties, and the fun you guys had making the videos with the fake guns and how us the community responded. Personally this is my take however I'm very interested in the communities thought on these points and ideas to help bring content to ourselves that we'd love to see however that Linus, Luke and his crew will like doing!

First response should be you channel errors from iPhone autocorrect.

No offense, but if i wanted information on a pc game (if it's good and if it's a good pc port/version) I would probalby just watch a totalbiscuit video. And I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way, especially since youtube is sooo overflooded with gaming content. If you want this to be a thing you need to have a spin on it. Non traditional gaming, for example oculus rift gaming. 

But I'm all for the toys idea  :)

God damn it im losing the vote fk !!!!!

Well, i did watch your "toys" reviews videos, i went into a deep internet search for the tank you did the unboxing for but the costs of shipping where so high it didn't make sense.

I voted for both because honestly, I enjoy hearing Slick's opinion on things, he has a more deep and calmer view of things so that could set him apart from other "Game reviews channels"

OT: I agree with you Linus, Win VISTA was not a complete disaster as they all say! It only required a bit of patience and all the updates before you'd start doing some real work :) In fact it was the only OS that managed to run stable for more then 1 year on my GF rig, with normal maintenance. For me Win Vista was a good Experience.

We made money last year, and we're doing it again this year....

Just expect to see integrations from Squarespace, Dollar Shave Club, Hotspot Shield, or anyone else who wants to reach our audience........

As for why I want a toy channel.... Meet Exhibit A:

That (absolutely terrible) video has 2 MILLION views. Unreal eh? So I figure "hey, I don't make the rules here..."

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

so i know you are set on these two and they are extremely good concepts and mine not so much, but maybe you could do a weekly or monthly episode about like a kickstarter spotlight on some of the things you and luke like or pledged money to?

More content is definitely welcomed. Hearing you guys talk about what interests you is always enjoyable (even if it's not something I would seek out otherwise). So long as the gaming content doesn't descend into gung-ho reviews of AAA titles and sticks to more indie/humble bundle/steam sale games (and trine is definitely that), I think it would be a nice addition. 

LinusGadgets&Games inc!

I like the concept of the games better, but was surprised at how I liked the toy review.

There already are a ton of youtubers that do game reviews ect.

A ton, yes but many of them seem to be 12 year olds who barely speak their own language or are too lazy to prepare and follow a simple script.

I voted for the mixed manchild channel.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

this is gonna be awesome! since linus cat tips is kinda dead its great to see a new channel come out :)

Specs: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.7ghz  GPU: GTX 1660 TI

I have mixed feelings lol. Don't know how I'll vote yet.

I probably preferred the gaming one to the toys one (although the part with the police was brilliant), but equally some of the toys/non-tech stuff Linus has done in the past (e.g. the storm trooper outfit and the Parrot AR drone) have been good as well. In that regard I'm probably more inclined to vote for the gaming one over the toys one, but equally I don't want to send a message that I don't like the non-tech stuff so I could vote for both.

I'm also conscious that Linus and Slick both have a finite number of hours to do stuff, as well as a finite number of moneys, and I don't want resources to be diverted from the Linustechtips channel. That kinda makes me want to vote against having either :\

EDIT: went for both in the end, because m0ar.

Definitely games and toys cuz sometimes there's a lack of one or the other. So covering both on the same channel would be easier to "fill gaps" AND be easier to manage than having two separate channels.

Hope that you do at least one of the channels. I like how you guys react to all this stuff xD.

I've been watching this channel since 2007ish and the reason why it's so good is because I know what I'm about to watch when I click on a video. Linus' (and Slick's) quirkiness and knowledge is entertaining enough as is all the PC stuff that you guys review. I subbed to Tech Quickie, but honestly almost never watch it. The main reason is because I usually know everything that's in there. So while it's good enough for some people, it doesn't really serve me well.

Instead of a toy/gaming channel, I would probably like some sort of a discussion channel. My most favourite part of Linus Tech Tips is the WAN show because I get to catch up on the latest news as well as hear your opinions on things. You're not really tied to expressing yourself in a way that an interview with Samsung is (btw, those videos were terrible and difficult to watch, I could tell Linus was holding back about the wearables ahah) so that you don't "hurt their feelings" so that they sponsor your shit. But yeah, I would be more inclined to sub to a discussion and news channel rather than toy/gaming.

I think you should do both. Have it so Linus and Slick do both games and toys.

As well as (if possible) do another live show the the WAN show but be about toys and game news.

Using Tapatalk

The cat project is unlikely to be resurrected unless I start breeding exotic cats (something I do want to do when I get older)...

LinusExoticCatTips

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

When i saw gaming channel I was thinking more along the line of playthroughs with commentary. Not too interested in someone just giving an overview of a game and telling me where its on sale.

Geez Linus, can you at least wait until you reach one million subscribers and then shuffle all the ads up our a**? I feel there is just too much ads floating around all the content for the past few month...If you need to plant ads into your videos, do it seamlessly like Phil Defranco...Anyways, I would love the toys stuff, keep them coming! 

I highly suggest both gaming and toys, please make sure your having fun doing this, its not linustechtips so have fun be laid back!! We the audience enjoy it better when you guys do! Also for what it seems you guys showed in the preview it looked seemed to much reviewer and unbox type channel about toys and games. What about unboxing and trying out airsoft guns?? Or have kinda lan or gaming series of some games you guys like. Better yet you can have the forums vote every month for a particular game they might want to see you play, make sure its games you enjoy though!!!!! Put up the games you enjoy for voting and then let the votes pile on in. Try some Lan type parties with friends so its not only Linus and Slick but like eventually have others play with you as well. Node is an amazing channel (The People From RocketJump!), they would have this thing on DayZ where veiwers would hunt them down in dayz/arma. WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY, have fun and keep it lively and laid back, if your not having fun we wont either! I WISH NOTHING BUT THE BEST OF SUCCESS FOR THIS CHANNEL!! Good luck guys! :D

I really liked how someone called the cops on Linus. I could just imagine what was in their head when they called them. 

"Hey, is that guy out side wearing socks and sandles? Damm, thats an abomination, I better call the cops. (after calling the cops) Oh, he was also holding a "Bug Assault". What a weirdo 

The cat project is unlikely to be resurrected unless I start breeding exotic cats (something I do want to do when I get older)...

You mean, IF  you get older and grow out of toys right? :D I'd love to see your nuances applied to toys!!!

-Cheers!!!

-P.S. My initials are really P.B.J. Does that explain enough? :D