Flex Your Fingers! - $10 Steam Digital Gift Card or Discord Nitro Giveaway

Eschew
Go to solution Solved by Eschew,

Good Morning Updates! - Mod Participation, and Gentle Reminders

Good morning from the West Coast, y'all! 😁

Update Summary

• [11/16/2020]: Giveaway extended until Nov 20, 2020, 10:00 PM (PST).
  • [11/17/2020]: Maximum Winners for Bonus Giveaway reduced from 2 to 1. Mod-Only Giveaway hosted.

Main/Bonus Giveaway Updates

No one's replied to the previous post I wrote 12 hours ago, so I'm going to assume that the majority didn't encounter further issues with Monkeytype. Thus, I've decided I'll not change the stipulations.

Mod-Only Giveaway! - To Enter

Giveaway Gift: $10 Steam Digital Gift Card or Discord Nitro. (Maximum Winners: 1)

• Identical to Main Giveaway - To Enter deets.

1. Head to Monkeytype and login to your account, or register for an account if you don’t have an existing account. New registrants may or may not also need to verify your accounts.
  2. The typing test mode can be changed with the menu in the top-right corner. Please have time and 30 selected.
  3. Take the typing test! 😁
  4. After you’ve completed the typing test, take two screenshots (please see below).
  5. Submit the two screenshots as a reply to this thread!
  6. (Optional) Tell me what keyboard you used to taking the typing test with! (Custom, pre-built, laptop, etc.)

Screenshot 1

Taken immediately after completing the typing test. Note that if you leave this screen for whatever reason, I don’t think there’s a way to recover the page.

Spoiler

1504058102_Screenshot1.thumb.png.daf2daadb194d7335e8d6ab72eaf7350.png

Please include the following details in your screenshot or cropped screenshot:

• Username.
  • Typing Mode.
  • Results.

Screenshot 2

Taken from your Monkeytype account page, which can be found by clicking on your username. Scroll towards the bottom of the page to find a table of results.

Spoiler

1745699811_Screenshot2.png.1c08be4582d499ac130c7b07be7b22aa.png

• Results Table.
    • WPM, Raw, Accuracy, Correct Chars, Incorrect Chars, Consistency, Mode, Info, Tags, and Date must be visible.
  • Graph.
    • Click on View Graph, under Info (see purple box).

Gentle Reminder

A number of this thread's participants have replied to this topic with screenshots that do not meet the qualifying criteria to enter in the giveaway. While I do not mind if members wish to show off their WPM skillz (go ahead! 👍), I do not want to get people's hopes up and subsequently let them down when their usernames are absent from the announcement status update.

I would encourage all entrants to double-check their screenshots, comparing them with the details outlined in Screenshot 1 and Screenshot 2 in the main post. I am deliberately not tagging people because (1) I'm shoving the responsibility onto the entrants to read the written stipulations and to follow up on any updates, and (2) I don't wish to embarrass either myself (if I misread their intentions) or the entrants (for not reading).

👀...

If I were to put it explicitly: If your entry didn't receive a like reaction from me, that entry is not valid.

[Clears throat.]

With stupid stuffy-sounding updates and reminders out of the way...

I hope y'all have or are having a lovely day today! 193291388_Parrot(Heart).gif.ac02568423b8823911d4c37fb22f3b12.gif

1 minute ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

not that you can't physically its that you don't want too,

unless your autism effects you (not a joke I seriously have autism)

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Notice: Giveaway extended until Nov 20, 10:00 PM.

For those still experiencing issues with Monkeytype:

• Have you attempted to access Monkeytype with other browsers? Chrome, Firefox, Edge, heck, IE? Do you still receive error/warning messages on those browsers?
  • Do you receive the error/warning message only when attempting to view your profile page?
  • Does the error/warning message appear before, during, and after you've completed a typing test?
  • Have you verified your Monkeytype account?

Screenshots of the error message/error page would be helpful, perhaps? Currently probing the issue to see how I can adjust the stipulations to accommodate as many people as possible.

11 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Yeah that's fair. Maybe ping me when you've checked back as I'll likely forget lmao

@kelvinhall05, ping!

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Screenshot 1:

Spoiler

image.png.9b1be356e85df4b516f4c29080c0aeca.png

Screenshot 2:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2176dc2a81b827303d3e4c90fcac1b2b.png

Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Red

Video of a different run, if anyone is interested. I do not use home row.

• I (mostly) type with index, middle, ring on my left hand. Index on my right.
  • Left pinky for shift, right pinky for backspace.

50 minutes ago, sub68 said:

that's your opinion

but I am doing fine plus I can't physically do it

like I have tried typing things and never liked to do them

It is perfectly possible to get fast enough with your own technique.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

Screenshot:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.533153af90913fd8fc239c88077260d4.png

image.thumb.png.e04768da814f4493449efeadd5cf482e.png

Logitech K400, but my left hand is typing only with ring finger because middle and index finger suffered RSI so im not used to using them to type any more

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

21 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

middle and index finger suffered RSI

Get better soon :)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0a254017bd95457d3f97db77e7214f10.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.062b7f9d6fe3ab69d14cd29e41b077d2.png

Just on my laptop keyboard :hmm:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

EDITED BECAUSE I DIDN"T SEE ONE OF THE REQUIREMENTS

I hope the 'Chew sees this

Screenshot 1:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d68d811c112810fb09ae0022902b0d77.png

It's not great and it's not my pb but it's good enough to enter the giveaway. This was typed on a chromebook... my main laptop is broken

Screenshot 2: I literally spend half an hour before completing one successfully because my hands refused to just slow down and tyep acuretly

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f4fa62c1a1ef1f2c62c87826ad76d9a1.png

Good Morning Updates! - Mod Participation, and Gentle Reminders

Good morning from the West Coast, y'all! 😁

Update Summary

• [11/16/2020]: Giveaway extended until Nov 20, 2020, 10:00 PM (PST).
  • [11/17/2020]: Maximum Winners for Bonus Giveaway reduced from 2 to 1. Mod-Only Giveaway hosted.

Main/Bonus Giveaway Updates

No one's replied to the previous post I wrote 12 hours ago, so I'm going to assume that the majority didn't encounter further issues with Monkeytype. Thus, I've decided I'll not change the stipulations.

Mod-Only Giveaway! - To Enter

Giveaway Gift: $10 Steam Digital Gift Card or Discord Nitro. (Maximum Winners: 1)

• Identical to Main Giveaway - To Enter deets.

1. Head to Monkeytype and login to your account, or register for an account if you don’t have an existing account. New registrants may or may not also need to verify your accounts.
  2. The typing test mode can be changed with the menu in the top-right corner. Please have time and 30 selected.
  3. Take the typing test! 😁
  4. After you’ve completed the typing test, take two screenshots (please see below).
  5. Submit the two screenshots as a reply to this thread!
  6. (Optional) Tell me what keyboard you used to taking the typing test with! (Custom, pre-built, laptop, etc.)

Screenshot 1

Taken immediately after completing the typing test. Note that if you leave this screen for whatever reason, I don’t think there’s a way to recover the page.

Spoiler

1504058102_Screenshot1.thumb.png.daf2daadb194d7335e8d6ab72eaf7350.png

• Username.
  • Typing Mode.
  • Results.

Screenshot 2

Taken from your Monkeytype account page, which can be found by clicking on your username. Scroll towards the bottom of the page to find a table of results.

Spoiler

1745699811_Screenshot2.png.1c08be4582d499ac130c7b07be7b22aa.png

• Results Table.
    • WPM, Raw, Accuracy, Correct Chars, Incorrect Chars, Consistency, Mode, Info, Tags, and Date must be visible.
  • Graph.
    • Click on View Graph, under Info (see purple box).

Gentle Reminder

A number of this thread's participants have replied to this topic with screenshots that do not meet the qualifying criteria to enter in the giveaway. While I do not mind if members wish to show off their WPM skillz (go ahead! 👍), I do not want to get people's hopes up and subsequently let them down when their usernames are absent from the announcement status update.

I would encourage all entrants to double-check their screenshots, comparing them with the details outlined in Screenshot 1 and Screenshot 2 in the main post. I am deliberately not tagging people because (1) I'm shoving the responsibility onto the entrants to read the written stipulations and to follow up on any updates, and (2) I don't wish to embarrass either myself (if I misread their intentions) or the entrants (for not reading).

👀...

If I were to put it explicitly: If your entry didn't receive a like reaction from me, that entry is not valid.

[Clears throat.]

With stupid stuffy-sounding updates and reminders out of the way...

I hope y'all have or are having a lovely day today! 193291388_Parrot(Heart).gif.ac02568423b8823911d4c37fb22f3b12.gif

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Minor Update - Stipulations!

Was pinged by the Mod Team and I've revised the stipulations per their recommendation. The revision will not affect any current entrants and their entries -- I've simply removed special entry requirements for 🍑 members and removed badgering rules. 🦡

Recent Updates

• [11/16/2020]: Giveaway extended until Nov 20, 2020, 10:00 PM (PST).
  • [11/17/2020]: Maximum Winner for Bonus Giveaway reduced from 2 to 1. Mod-Only Giveaway hosted.
  • [11/17/2020]: Removed special treatment for 🍑 members and relaxed disqualification rules at the Mod Team's recommendation.

Revised Stipulations:

On 11/15/2020 at 10:15 PM, Eschew said:
  • Entrants must have been active members of the Linus Tech Tips forums for at least two months (since September 15, 2020).
    • The definition of “active” will subject to my whims (i.e. I’m too tired and dronk to explain 😆). Bottom line: I’m not interested in ghost members.
  • Entrants may submit as many screenshots/replies to this thread as they wish, but entrants will only be entered once in the giveaway.
    • To clarify, submitting more than one set of screenshots will not count as more entries.
    • Entrants are free to compete against each others’ WPM results!
  • Entrants must submit two screenshots and must include the details I’ve pointed out in their screenshots for their entry to be counted as valid. If there is any ambiguity or any discrepancy in either of the screenshots, the entry will not be counted as valid in the giveaway.
    • Entrants may adjust their Monkeytype settings and themes however they wish!
    • Entries including screenshots of typing test results from sites other than Monkeytype will not be counted as valid.
    • Entries including screenshots of the typing test results while the user is signed out of Monkeytype and screenshots of typing test results from other typing modes/non-English typing tests will not be counted as valid.
    • Entries including different typing test results for Screenshot 1 and Screenshot 2 will not be counted as valid.
    • Entries that do not meet the stated qualifying criteria will not be counted as valid.
    • Cropping screenshots will be allowed, but the screenshots must be otherwise completely unedited. Word of warning -- I will be heavy-handed and will disqualify and blacklist if I suspect foul play of any sort, regardless of whether I have decisive evidence or not.
  • Entrants that qualify for the bonus giveaway will not qualify for the main giveaway.
    • I will gift only Discord Nitro to bonus giveaway winning entrants.
    • In other words, entrants will either have a 100% chance to win Discord Nitro if they surpass my personal best, or a variable chance to win their choice of either a Steam Digital Gift Card or Discord Nitro if they submit a valid entry.
    • A maximum of one entrant may win the bonus giveaway, on a first come, first serve basis.
  • Petitions for disqualification and blacklist repeals will not be entertained.
  • If a question has been left unanswered for 24 hours, it is a question I am uninterested in answering.

I will not disclose whether entries are valid or invalid, of if any entrants have been disqualified or blacklisted.

Carry on with your pleasant day, people! 2550_salute.png

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

4 hours ago, Eschew said:

Minor Update - Stipulations!

Was pinged by the Mod Team and I've revised the stipulations per their recommendation. The revision will not affect any current entrants and their entries -- I've simply removed special entry requirements for 🍑 members and removed badgering rules. 🦡

Recent Updates

• [11/16/2020]: Giveaway extended until Nov 20, 2020, 10:00 PM (PST).
  • [11/17/2020]: Maximum Winner for Bonus Giveaway reduced from 2 to 1. Mod-Only Giveaway hosted.
  • [11/17/2020]: Removed special treatment for 🍑 members and relaxed disqualification rules at the Mod Team's recommendation.

Revised Stipulations:

Carry on with your pleasant day, people! 2550_salute.png

is it possible to re-do ones typing test, to qualify if you don't?

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

38 minutes ago, wall03 said:

is it possible to re-do ones typing test, to qualify if you don't?

Yah, please do! 😁

More takka takka's, yes pls! Fast Parrot

On 6/18/2020 at 11:37 AM, Eschew said:
On 4/11/2020 at 7:28 AM, TVwazhere said:

*Secret footage of a moderator, do not distribute*

Cat Reaction GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

This is my favorite post on the forums.

Still my favorite post on the forums. 193291388_Parrot(Heart).gif.ac02568423b8823911d4c37fb22f3b12.gif

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

17 minutes ago, Eschew said:

Yah, please do! 😁

do you edit the post, or create a new one?

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

Spoiler

asdasdasdasdasd.thumb.PNG.63dc4afc54c9a5e3267ea7be9a9667d3.PNG

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5f0207357a8bd79a2177be9e2e94d265.png

Kind of the best I can do at the moment, may have to try using a membrane keyboard to see if I'll do better.

Keyboard I used for the typing test is a cheap, I believe Marvo KG937, it has outemu blues and has survived over 2 years and is still going strong.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bfeefeddd257650ad88282c6a46f3797.png

Spoiler

image.png.15635ada335ae9b68fa04d5217de12bd.png

(i don't see the view graph here... where do I find it?

redoing t

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

13 hours ago, Eschew said:

Still my favorite post on the forums. 193291388_Parrot(Heart).gif.ac02568423b8823911d4c37fb22f3b12.gif

Though it doesn't seem like you're following the very clear directions :P 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

mfw it still says "error loading user data"

Is it just me?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

On 11/17/2020 at 5:25 AM, itswillum said:

I hope the 'Chew sees this

👀

Is there a question?

13 hours ago, wall03 said:

(i don't see the view graph here... where do I find it?

Please read the main post. Specifically, please open up the Spoilers for Screenshot 1 and Screenshot 2, take note of the highlighted orange/purple squares in either screenshots, and read the text written below each screenshot.

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

mfw it still says "error loading user data"

Is it just me?

I think so, unfortunately. 😔

Gonna assume that you've already tried Monkeytype with different browsers, so...

Would you have another PC/laptop you could try the typing test with, or a throwaway account that might work?

I don't have any corroborating evidence, but I suspect Monkeytype might have issues loading data for users with too many typing tests under their belt? 🤔

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

10 minutes ago, Eschew said:

👀

Is there a question?

No, I just had to update my screenshots since I realized that the first one didn't meet the requirements and I hoped you'd see the edit

17 minutes ago, Eschew said:

I don't have any corroborating evidence, but I suspect Monkeytype might have issues loading data for users with too many typing tests under their belt? 🤔

I had signed up for this giveaway, I use other typing sites when I want to test myself. I can try on my Thinkpad.

EDIT: Same problem on my laptop lol

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

A whole... one word per minute faster! 761980347188510751.png?v=1

Spoiler

c91f8321ccea6b71e998708bc9c1a45f.thumb.png.b2a0c715be8afb6c5983f3c76b83de56.png

Spoiler

8bb69df75bcb6c161f568503f9b365c5.thumb.png.eee1947073ce0e821000fa65e173c72c.png

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Okay, I tried this a bunch of time and I feel like this is about the fastest I will be with my subtoptimal 4/5 finger typing style

Screenshot 1:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5c5b14b2b6e76503af8e1e79fdc62455.png

Screenshot 2:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.440ad7f1d65552090692e6337b593b39.png

This is done on a Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, with Cherry MX Brown keyswitches.

Yes, I am in the process of getting something better :ph34r:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/