RGB Gaming Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) is here!

GoodBytes
16 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

, 'allowing you to finish a match'

Only if you thought about hooking your router and modem to that same ups as well and if the phone company doesn't have a power out as well.

And the day i will see a 1000W UPS by APC that last more than 25 minutes with a business PC hooked to it i will buy ton of them.

13 hours ago, leadeater said:

How long did you have it for? You need to replace the battery in the cheaper APC units every 3 years, 5 absolute max.

It was old enough, and it also partially failed not long after I had replaced the battery in it, which is why I side-eye anything about these units and their gaming "use". I hadn't replaced it until then because the surge protection still appeared to be working after the inverter failed after one outage while the system was running full tilt.

If I were to estimate how long the UPS itself had "useful" life it was probably 8 years, but the battery was replaced when the UPS software said to replace it. Based on the password reset emails to the apc website, I guess I bought the previous one in 2009? So it probably was overdue to be replaced anyway.

My personal opinion here is that a "gaming" UPS is just a glorified office UPS that you pay more for.  The one I have is Back-UPS RS 1500MS, which has one USB-A and one USB-C port on the front.

47 minutes ago, Kisai said:

My personal opinion here is that a "gaming" UPS is just a glorified office UPS that you pay more for.  The one I have is Back-UPS RS 1500MS, which has one USB-A and one USB-C port on the front.

Oh for sure but I also don't think any of these lower end UPS's, business or gaming otherwise, are actually worth buying to be honest. Personally not had good experiences supporting them so I'd rather just spend more on better ones.

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

It was old enough, and it also partially failed not long after I had replaced the battery in it, which is why I side-eye anything about these units and their gaming "use". I hadn't replaced it until then because the surge protection still appeared to be working after the inverter failed after one outage while the system was running full tilt.

If I were to estimate how long the UPS itself had "useful" life it was probably 8 years, but the battery was replaced when the UPS software said to replace it. Based on the password reset emails to the apc website, I guess I bought the previous one in 2009? So it probably was overdue to be replaced anyway.

Well of course. “Gaming” anything is just generally not very good quality office equipment with some sort of color change you pay more for.   That applies to just about everything “gaming”.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

what's next a rgb screen lol

this needs to stop, i have my pc in my bedroom and the blue light from the power button is already annoying enough i dont need any more lights reducing my sleep

Wow took them long enough to make one.  I thought APC was basically for home and business only but gamers....Wow.

Sadly I own this one

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

There is no way you're finishing a match on any system drawing more than 450watts on that thing. The battery is tiny be lucky if it's holding charge for 20 minutes new.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

2 minutes ago, Maticks said:

There is no way you're finishing a match on any system drawing more than 450watts on that thing. The battery is tiny be lucky if it's holding charge for 20 minutes new.

Often with UPSes theres going to be some sort of deliberately loud and irritating claxon as well, so “finishing a game” wouldn’t be in the cards anyway.  Is there one in this one?  Might allow an orderly shutdown though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Often with UPSes theres going to be some sort of deliberately loud and irritating claxon as well, so “finishing a game” wouldn’t be in the cards anyway.  Is there one in this one?  Might allow an orderly shutdown though. 

yeah i get 40 minutes with my APC Smart-UPS X 1500VA but it has 4 Battery Packs in it and is 3 times the size of what APC have shown.

the comment of finishing a game is a bit misleading, people are probably thinking its 50-60mins of run time. if its a lower power laptop that would be the case.

I do love APC products.

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

On 9/29/2020 at 12:07 PM, Drama Lama said:

Finally an rgb UPS

gonna wait for a 19inch rackmount version ;)

That one peep that actually legitimately wants it 🤣🤣

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

32 minutes ago, StDragon said:

You will want to keep that in place with an RGB Razer Chroma Mug Holder.

Wow.  You may have beaten gaming socks.  I am impressed.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

i am guilty of owning a rgb mousepad. rgb ups? yes please

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

On 10/2/2020 at 8:34 PM, DildorTheDecent said:

You Did It (Jurassic Park) Blank Template - Imgflip

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25