Pokemon Unite - Pokemon MOBA, to be developed by Tencent's Timi studios.

minibois

image.png.321024c1343a0d071e98382f39ef0419.png

This week's Pokemon Presents focused on a new Pokemon announcement - Pokemon Unite.

This game will be a team based coop game, with a style I could only compare with the current MOBAs on the market - like League of Legends - with certain Pokemon traits added.

The game will be developed by Tencent's Timi game studios, who has developed multiple mobile games, including PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds: Army Attack. A game in the PUBG franchise which features a more arcade style of gameplay.

Release date is TBD, platforms will be Switch, iOS and Android.

image.png.fad87ec4d0fb92a026d301b7bbe657f6.png

The Pokemon traits added to the game include the Pokemon characters, but also the level system from the games. At the start of the match, you will start as a level 1 Pokemon. When playing in the match, you will slowly level-up. During the level-up you might learn new moves, which you can choose to learn or not. Your Pokemon be able to evolve, once it has have leveled up enough.

There are different types of moves, long-ranged and close-range moves. You may choose what sort of style of play you prefer and base your move choice on that.

image.png.55c6a9426fe4238e5708da600d5c342e.png

You win the game by being on the team with the most points. You earn points by catching Pokemon and seemingly also by being in an enemy team's 'zones', of which there are multiple on the battlefield.

Coop game - team based - arena - Scoring areas - catch Pokemon to score points - point to score more points

It will be available for the Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android. The game will also feature cross-platform gameplay between these platforms.

The release date has not been determined yet. The Pokemon Company has said they will share more details in the future.

Source:

Trailer:

Reception:

Judging by the like/dislike ratio, the community isn't very thrilled by this announcement. There was an international and a UK based official Premiere, which have a 60% and 90% dislikes respectively.

This may just be partially because of the 'hyped up' message before-hand; stating a 'huge announcement', but it may also be because this is not what the majority of the fanbase might be looking for.

This does not seem like the sort of game for me, so I'll remain neutral and let fans of the genre judge the game.

P.S. Pokemon Cafe Mix - announced last week - was released today to play.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

25 minutes ago, strajk- said:

Give me a Pokemon MMO instead. 

Personally I would rather see them make a proper open-world game first.

The lore, characters, creatures, worlds, etc. are there already

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 minutes ago, minibois said:

Personally I would rather see them make a proper open-world game first.

The lore, characters, creatures, worlds, etc. are there already

I don’t trust today’s GameFreak with pulling that off. 

mobile, yawn!

Don't you have PCs?!

Oh, it's just arena of valor but pokemon.

I'm going to guess that a lot of people aren't going to be happy about this.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Pokemon wants some of that mobile gambing pushing microtransaction ridden money from a specific eastern world audience....

I am always on board for anything but the second I heard "free to start" I just go then what's the point. Free to start sounds like a much shittier time than Free to Play with Microtransactions. Free to Start sounds like you have to pay after playing for 10 minutes or other nonsense like that.

If Pikachu can't follow me around, then I don't want no part of this.

3 hours ago, Haaselh0ff said:

I am always on board for anything but the second I heard "free to start" I just go then what's the point. Free to start sounds like a much shittier time than Free to Play with Microtransactions. Free to Start sounds like you have to pay after playing for 10 minutes or other nonsense like that.

I've never actually seen someone be against video game demos before. I think its nice being able to play a game to see how well it runs and if I like it before buying.

EbR5DhGWoAEbAHc?format=png

The entirely Pokémon Fandom be like. 

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

The Pokemon gaming world is quite wide now. Not everyone has to like everything. So skip it if it isn't your thing. MOBAs just aren't a genre of interest to me.

6 hours ago, Haaselh0ff said:

There's many ways to cut this, but in essence as long as it is not pay2win it could be ok.

17 hours ago, strajk- said:

Give me a Pokemon MMO instead. 

That could be really interesting, but I'd fear if they ever did this, they'll intentionally dumb it down into blandness.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

have to be honest: I'm more interested in this than i was for Sun/Moon, Let's Go and Sword/Shield. Though strongly agree with most who were expecting a Sinnoh remake

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

"free to start" = expensive to finish/progress.

i look forward to seeing how they destroy it with shitty MTX implementation making it P2W

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒