COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
6 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

It's not my mind that is the issue, it's those who refuse to follow the guidelines.

So your saying, since you have been following the guidelines, therefore you're guaranteed "protected", even when other around you aren't.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

15 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

N95 will have good protection, while homemade will have less, but it's better than no protection. What's so difficult to understand. Do people want to be lying in a hospital bed with a tube jammed into their windpipe, and then start regretting, they should have worn one, when they still have the chance. Now that's too late, next stop, it's the crematorium.

Because the assumption that a homemade mask is better than nothing ignores that it could be completely inadequate. Filter material given a specifically-size particle or pathogen, will either meet the filtering requirements or not. It's a binary element and not a percentage-based one, people need to remember that. I wear earplugs when I'm on my motorcycle, they meet a 33 decibel attenuation rating. I could go stick cotton balls in my ears and they may have some marginal effect, but if I rely on them to protect my hearing then I'm just flat-out incorrect. Any area where people are being told to wear a mask, they are telling people to wear legitimate and effective ones. 

Or you know, they could stay home and avoid the experiences all together. The people that are working essential jobs have guidelines set up by the regulatory and health agencies in their areas, this is apparent by contact-less delivery of items and food deliveries. If people were only in the general vicinity of others when they absolutely have to be, there would be enough social distancing efforts to get us to a flattened curve. People are donning these essentially ineffective masks and going out when they don't need to and where they don't need to, which does nothing and is actually worse than them staying home.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

The whole point of using homemade masks is not to protect yourself (though even in that case it helps a very little bit as well), it is mainly so if you are already infected and symptomless, you do not spread the infection by occasional cough or sneeze etc. So wearing mask is to protect others. However if all people wear them, we protect each other, slow down the spreading of the virus and thus flatten the curve so the hospitals have enough time and resources to handle the infected that are having severe and life threatening symptoms. Not to mention that it is also easing up the situation before we get to either make a vaccine or find a drug that really helps and can be mass produced.

I’ve been seeing this in the parking lots here now. Littering fine should be increased by a wide margin.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

5 minutes ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

Meh.  FOX news.  Not as bad as epoch news but I’d want to see anything they report on confirmed elsewhere before I believed it happened.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

I’ve been seeing this in the parking lots here now. Littering fine should be increased by a wide margin.

At least it's not the other rubbers left behind. People can be so uncouth.

3 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

I think it already is.  That would be discarded medical waste.  Much bigger fine for that than littering.  At least where I am.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Meh.  FOX news.  Not as bad as epoch news but I’d want to see anything they report on confirmed elsewhere before I believed it happened.

I hope that shipment wasn't Charmin Toilet Paper.  That's some good Toilet Paper....

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

Just now, CalintzJerevinan said:

I hope that shipment wasn't Charmin Toilet Paper.  That's some good Toilet Paper....

I posted a video of it. Doesn’t look like it. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, RonnieOP said:

From what ive heard doctors say homemade masks do very very little.

If the protection has very very little effect theres no point. 

Your assuming that a homemade mask would be the difference between getting the virus or not getting it.

The doctors are right about that, concerning protecting the one who wears it, where it is of little to no use.

The point of general public wearing masks like in asia is not to protect the wearer itself but to reduce spread to others (even wearing a scarf over your mouth does the job of not microspitting on a 100 surfaces while your breathe/speak as you go about).

Of course theres the crowd that yells "but if you feel sick you shouldnt go out at all, so no need for mask ever" but these assume that everone that carries and can transmit has symptoms; which is a false assumption since a good percentage of people are asymptomatic (one of multiple nasty reasons its been able to spread so well).

Tl;dr version: cover up when outside, not to protect yourself from others but others from you.

1 hour ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

So you got another independent source?  It might say what kind of toilet paper it is to allay your fears.

During breaks,  I use my iPhone and it can no longer recognize me through Face ID because of my mask. 💔 

5 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

In India, you see police officers beating people with sticks for braking quarantine rules. Other countries needs to do the same, screw those with their "my rights" nonsense.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-30/indias-coronavirus-lockdown-turns-ugly/12102032

I won't lie, the first thing I thought was, would I prefer a betting or the $1600 fine.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

So your saying, since you have been following the guidelines, therefore you're guaranteed "protected", even when other around you aren't.

No, my risk is incredibly low in comparison to the average person who acts or thinks they won't get it.

1. No take out via drive thru windows: Makes everything known instead of unknown, you know the person in front of you and behind you, you know the person who is serving you, you know their actions within the set time you are there, you are in control. Drive thrus you have no control once you enter, if you hear someone coughing or sneezing in front of you after you order you're screwed where as walking in you can go Nope and leave.
  2. No using public hand pump sanitizer: Looking at you Metro... I'll use contactless units if requested, but not something that clearly hasn't been cleaned after each use.
  3. No handling consumables with unclean hands. No buying stuff that needs 2 hands to eat with from take out places, this way if a wrapper could have been contaminated the food won't be, aka no burgers, not like any of those are walk in take out anymore locally... 
  4. wash hands before eating, wash hands after eating (esp at work), wash hands whenever possible, no questions asked.
  5. If bus too busy my health is worth more than my time, like I said I have options, plus currently I only have to deal with this once every 2 weeks so 5 days of pain for 2 weeks of pay, including attempting to take the train back the next day (I would miss it on the first day).
  6. If for any reason at all I'm on the bus and someone feels like sitting beside me or tries I'll get off or move, unless I personally know them, which is unlikely, basically impossible. Also avoid sitting by the door(s) for obvious reasons...
  7. Actively avoid people with at least 4 feet apart, less then the suggested but as long as the wind is blowing towards those passing me (and not blowing towards me as they pass) I'm safe I do try at least 6 feet. Like I have said cyclists are a huge issue locally as they don't care about distancing, they'll will whip right by you within inches even. Even tho they are assholes in that sense the time they are around it makes them a very low risk unless they pass someone who conveniently sneeze/cough w/o covering then the wind they bring by could pose a health risk.
  8. Self checkouts if at all possible, and never cash always contactless payments if possible avoiding pins, no joke, I've not carried cash in about 12+ years unless family gave it to me at which time it goes right into my bank account.

Will I get the virus? Doubtful, I didn't get the H1N1 (was careless then mostly due to lack of knowing about it and how bad), won't likely get it this time. If I was to get it, I'll be a responsible person and troll LTT Forums from home in isolation 🥰 with hundreds of hours logged in games to keep my sanity. I have plenty of fresh/canned/frozen food (latter from stocking over time), plus Amazon Prime.

13 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I won't lie, the first thing I thought was, would I prefer a betting or the $1600 fine.

I would take the fine, a beating would hurt too much...

9 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

average person who acts or thinks they won't get it.

Will I get the virus?  won't likely get it this time. 

Good thing your not average!

12 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

I would take the fine, a beating would hurt too much...

Seeing money leave my wallet hurts me.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 hours ago, CalintzJerevinan said:

https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Section-Of-Interstates-Closed-After-Semi-Carrying-Toilet-Paper-Catches-Fire-569278671.html

DALLAS (CBS 11) This is no April fool’s joke. A semi tractor-trailer carrying a load of toilet paper caught fire in North Texas early Wednesday morning.

Texas-toilet-paper-fire-04.01.20.jpg
An 18-wheeler hauling toilet paper went up in flames early Wednesday on a Texas interstate.(CNN VAN photo)

The rig crashed and burst into flames at around 4 a.m. on Interstate 20 near the Interstate 45 exchange.

Thousands of rolls of toilet paper went up in flames.

The Texas Department of Transportation said it “burned extensively.”

Police closed the westbound lanes of I-20 in southern Dallas County.

Firefighters doused the flames, but the cleanup was expected to take hours.

Investigators are still trying to find out what sparked the fire.

The truck driver wasn’t hurt and no firefighters were injured.

Police didn’t say how long the interstate will be closed.

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

If you are in the US the fie would be pretty easy to beat in court. so id take the fine.

The beating and the murder charge i would pick up would be much much harder to work around lol

2 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

If you are in the US the fie would be pretty easy to beat in court. so id take the fine.

The beating and the murder charge i would pick up would be much much harder to work around lol

Different cultures with different problems.

17 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Good thing your not average!

Right I get that sarcasm, but the average person who thinks they won't get it will not care about social distancing where as I do (hence my complaints about the local people). Everything I have started/have been doing for a while, 90% of those who think they won't get it won't do. Equally I said doubtful not won't, I did say won't likely but that is still not "won't". Unless numbers jump incredibly high (even the projected 80,000 in Ontario announced recently is too low of a number for me to panic enough to say I'm not going to work) as in 1/10 people have (not projected, must have) then I'll start worrying at which time I technically have a 1 in 10 chance of myself having it already, but as it stands most cases are caused by stupidity and not following the simple 3 steps originally suggest from the beginning, and I do my damnedest to avoid stupid people. Even at the 80,000 by end of April assuming that stays even remotely accurate, it'll be a 1 in 182 chance of catching the virus. Now I don't attend heavily populated places I social distance I avoid lineups like the plague along with everything else, you tell me what are the actual chances of me being that 1 out of 182 people? High or Low?

Canada in a whole has been averaging 1000 confirmed cases a day, this means the government of Ontario is expecting a case count to increase from 13,000 nationwide to 5.7x the current national cases in cases for Ontario alone. Let that number sink in just for a minute, the government is claiming 80,000 in one province in less than 30 days when the national case count isn't even at that number itself. To make things even more out of this world they are also claiming the count is going to jump 22x what it is in this province, or 35x the total number of active cases. That would mean each confirmed case would have to infect 35 people to reach that number, and every person confirmed would have to be able to transmit to those people. Now I know what the government is doing and it's rather smart, instead of placing laws down with fines that could be hard to issue/control w/o a total lock down, they are introducing fear with numbers. Now if out of some weird unexplained event we hit that magical number in Ontario by the end of April it means one of 2 things. 1: The government has failed us, and 2: those who got sick (esp near the end of April) failed to protect themselves by not following the recommendations set out by the government.

If you where to ask a random stranger on the street exiting their car when was the last time they cleaned their car (esp outside) most people will look at you weird as tho clueless why they should... I remember a article (or video clip on the news) of someone walking around either coughing or sneezing on cars deliberately. So if ones car is parked out in a public place (including your driveway, even with a fence that can be hopped over) It's best to either use gloves or wash it off with wipes because one never knows. Since I take public transit (train in the morning, bus in the evening, used to be all train), I'm trained to stay clean and attempt to not touch anything with my hands including my face. Trust me YRT is very dirty esp considering the ridership vs TTC, knowing this for years it is best to avoid unneeded touching of poles even before it was suggested for this pandemic.

I don't go out for random walks because I want to, I go out because I have to, if amazon would cut half the crap with some of the nonessential stuff and just had a week delay (esp kitchen related items) I would not have gone out 2 extra times this week alone. I could tell work I am not going in this week because of x issues outside which they would totally understand. However the time for that has not come, my risk of getting it is still remote because of the precautions I take, even if I lived and worked in Toronto traveling by TTC all the time it is still really low because of how dead it is. I chose this so if I get sick I can only blame myself, equally I don't blame those who decide not to go to work even if they don't work in a high risk environment like at stores. Which is why I find it incredibly stupid for Metro forcing everyone to use sanatizer instead of what everyone else is doing, not to mention forcing an employee to stand on the front line with no protection. Everyone else is limiting stock on shelves and cleaning continuously and restocking while providing masks for those who want them. Metro likely sees it as the "cheaper" option, and if you want proof Metro is trash towards their workers google Min Wage Ontario Metro. they have done at least 1/3 of what they threatened to do if wages went up(one being self checkouts which ironically is a benefit for this situation). I don't work in a high risk job, I have interactions with people coming from and going to NY/USA etc but that is at most once a day and not always me and interactions have been reduced to a few minutes social distancing protocols being enforced, most are wearing masks anyways, they themselves also understand the issues as fellow essential workers so it is very doubtful they will go out and socialize risking their job, along with those who may live with them.

Simply put numbers don't lie and based on the test to positive ratio in Canada anyways we would need to see either a huge jump in confirmed cases to test (up to 99%, at least 90% positive) or a massive jump in tests being done (aka a test for every person outside on say starting Monday and every day afterwards for a whole week) in a timely fashion. Now you live in basically a sister city of Toronto, the numbers are very close to Toronto's and your states numbers are about 3x that of Ontario but with the population slightly less than Ontario. However for the city you live in it should follow the path of Toronto's case count assuming everyone complies and mimics what Torontonians do.

26 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Seeing money leave my wallet hurts me.

Think of it like this, the money can return via work and is not necessarily immediate, and one could fight it in court depending on the country. Where as if beating is allowed in your country said person could get carried away causing serious harm or death with possibly no plenty to them in doing so. Hence money bye bye.

6 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Right I get that sarcasm, but the average person who thinks they won't get it will not care about social distancing where as I do (hence my complaints about the local people).................................. SNIPPED LIKE A MOFO

lol.

whoa.

7 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Think of it like this, the money can return via work and is not necessarily immediate, and one could fight it in court depending on the country. Where as if beating is allowed in your country said person could get carried away causing serious harm or death with possibly no plenty to them in doing so. Hence money bye bye.

That's the problem with the country that occurred/s in.  The reason they are resorting to beating is very likely because the vast majority of the people cannot pay a fine and will never be able to,  therefore it is not enough of a deterrent when this virus is of immediate concern.

15 minutes ago, mr moose said:

That's the problem with the country that occurred/s in.  The reason they are resorting to beating is very likely because the vast majority of the people cannot pay a fine and will never be able to,  therefore it is not enough of a deterrent when this virus is of immediate concern.

Yes, then unfortunately those who can't afford and do it anyways kinda deserve it now don't they? They knew the risks leaving and should have known better. That said each case is different right so while I would chose money, if I knew I couldn't afford it I simply wouldn't do it, there is always another solution.

19 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

lol.

whoa.

😎