COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
4 minutes ago, Commodus said:

You're definitely not the only one.  I'm fortunate to have my girlfriend, but it's hard not to feel isolated when you can't even pass close to someone on the street, and stepping outside feels like a perilous quest.  There's a basic human connection we'll have lost for a while.

I'm not an expert, but I suspect it could help to reframe this as a chance to enrich yourself and prepare for the future.  Think about the opportunities you have to educate yourself, to read or see all those things  you said you would but could never get around to doing.  Think about getting ready for those shoots and how you might explore a new technique or location.  And when you think about it, those feelings are a reminder of how much you'll appreciate reconnecting with others.

Just remember that we've got your back, whatever you do -- we want to see you succeed.

Thanks man. I have been doing some reading and updating my very old and outdated photography website. I have also been playing the Tomb Raider series since I never got a chance to play it due to being so busy for a long time. 

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

Just now, Thready said:

Thanks man. I have been doing some reading and updating my very old and outdated photography website. I have also been playing the Tomb Raider series since I never got a chance to play it due to being so busy for a long time. 

Sounds like you're making some good progress then.  I think that's a good mindset to take: so long as you're advancing yourself, whether it's a business, a hobby or just cultural enrichment, it's time well spent.

Does anyone felt their constantly talking about this with updates and so forth to be a waste of time, while others don’t seem to care about it, and they find you to be annoying.

e.g.

In discord or forum, you started a conversation about this, instead of replies it meet with silence or they simply change the subject as if your post never exist.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

Does anyone felt their constantly talking about this with updates and so forth to be a waste of time, while others don’t seem to care about it and they find you to be annoying.

e.g.

In discord or forum, you started a conversation about this, instead of replies it meet with silence or they simply change the subject as if your post never exist.

Not sure what “this” is.  Covid19?

it might be simple sanity protection.
 I think part of the issue is the entire news system is entirely inundated with it and the news is getting worse and worse.  It is projected that it will continue to do so for some time.

as people reach their limit they have to find something else.  Just reading about it is starting to leave me with a roiled stomach, and there’s nothing I can do about it other than what I am doing afaik.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

18 minutes ago, Thready said:

You can also go outside for a walk and get some sun.

Right as the sun is about to go down i like to take the motorcycle out for a ride. Really helps clear my head.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:54 AM, akio123008 said:

people also refuse to wipe their ass with paper towels.

Paper towels are not for wiping your butt,  or flushing.  Sounds like you're gonna need a plumber before they make a vaccine. Stop giving bad paper advice. ONLY Toilet paper and tissue paper can be flushed.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Not sure what “this” is.  Covid19?

it might be simple sanity protection.
 I think part of the issue is the entire news system is entirely inundated with it and the news is getting worse and worse.  It is projected that it will continue to do so for some time.

as people reach their limit they have to find something else.  Just reading about it is starting to leave me with a roiled stomach, and there’s nothing I can do about it other than what I am doing afaik.

Yeah “this” as in covid-19.

I was hoping the more people talked about it, then more people will take it a bit more people will take it seriously. Those who are concerned about it, felt like it just 1/10th of the people, where as everyone else are still in their don’t care attitude. Right here in the US, numbers of confirmed and deaths are increasing by the minute, where dead bodies are stored inside refrigerated trailers.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

6 minutes ago, Animal901 said:

Paper towels are not for wiping your butt,  or flushing.  Sounds like you're gonna need a plumber before they make a vaccine. Stop giving bad paper advice. ONLY Toilet paper and tissue paper can be flushed.

Back then even toilet paper can’t be flushed. Now they have sceptic save toilet paper which can, but not all toilet paper are sceptic safe. 

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

I was hoping the more people talked about it, then more people will take it a bit more people will take it seriously. Those who are concerned about it, felt like it just 1/10th of the people, where as everyone else are still in their don’t care attitude. Right here in the US, numbers of confirmed and deaths are increasing by the minute, where dead bodies are stored inside refrigerated trailers.

That may be location dependent.  Where I live I assure you it’s the vast majority.  Myself I’m a bit terrified.  I’m old and my health isn’t great.  This thing has a decent chance of killing me even if the hospital system stays up.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Back then even toilet paper can’t be flushed. Now they have sceptic save toilet paper which can, but not all toilet paper are sceptic safe. 

Depends on the system.  Freestanding Septic systems require special toilet paper.  The statement about paper towels and things is mostly correct though.  They can still be used, but they can’t be flushed down the toilet.  Have to throw them in the trash.

17 minutes ago, Animal901 said:

You dont have to flush the paper towels either though.

You can throw them away instead. 

No different then baby wipes.

20 minutes ago, Animal901 said:

This was mentioned several times more than a week ago. I never mentioned flushing it. As long as you don't flush it you can wipe your ass just fine with pretty much anything.

24 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

That may be location dependent.  Where I live I assure you it’s the vast majority.  Myself I’m a bit terrified.  I’m old and my health isn’t great.  This thing has a decent chance of killing me even if the hospital system stays up.

What I meant by more talking about it, I’m sure others will have stories to share, not as in someone they knew got infected, which I hope not, just the small or big changes they see around them. 
Being old and not having a great health during this covid-19 pandemic going on, is scary. Stay safe and wear a mask when you go outside. Ignore the idiots if they look at you in a strange way.

21 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Depends on the system.  Freestanding Septic systems require special toilet paper.  The statement about paper towels and things is mostly correct though.  They can still be used, but they can’t be flushed down the toilet.  Have to throw them in the trash.

Wiped ass and have that tissue in the trash, is just a bio hazard. I would just get septic safe tp and be done with it. 

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

37 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

You can also go outside for a walk and get some sun.

Not allowed here...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

9 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Not allowed here...

In India, you see police officers beating people with sticks for braking quarantine rules. Other countries needs to do the same, screw those with their "my rights" nonsense.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-30/indias-coronavirus-lockdown-turns-ugly/12102032

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

25 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

What I meant by more talking about it, I’m sure others will have stories to share, not as in someone they knew got infected, which I hope not, just the small or big changes they see around them. 
Being old and not having a great health during this covid-19 pandemic going on, is scary. Stay safe and wear a mask when you go outside. Ignore the idiots if they look at you in a strange way.

Wiped ass and have that tissue in the trash, is just a bio hazard. I would just get septic safe tp and be done with it. 

Septic tank TP is pointless if you’re not using a free standing septic system.  The stuff is thin and doesn’t work as well.  A town sewer system can handle regular TP just fine.  What it can’t handle are “wipes” that have synthetic fibers in them or heavy paper like newspaper or paper towels.  There IS NO paper shortage atm.  The toilet paper shortages seen are entirely due to hoarding and human panicking.

19 minutes ago, Animal901 said:

Garbage can (W/lid) with a bag and some disinfectant prayed every use. Not everyone can get what they need to flush down the toilet. Also there are wash cloths one could use to wipe (think babies, and reusable diapers), as long as you clean and disinfect them after use.

17 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Where I live people don't typically care about social distancing, I thought it was only the weekends till I had this week off, cyclists are the worst offenders. Now I know I'm surrounded by brain dead zombies than intelligent human beings.

I travel to Toronto every day for work on public transit (not in DT, on the outskirts), and I'm confident if I was to get the virus it'll be due to someone where I live breaking social distancing and not from work or transit. Tho that might change depending on how busy the bus is going home on Monday as work decided it change my schedule to basically rush hour (I understand the logic about it), and with YRT/Go Transit reducing services it's being a potential threat more than anything. Imo public transit systems should be required by law during such events to be in full service and not allowed to reduce service except for trains to a degree. (Go is pushing that degree)

That said even in the USA the current numbers (not accurate due to limited testing) you are still at low risk of getting it as long as proper precautions are taken (washing, social distancing, avoid cross contamination like touching bags then food), the problem is the second one breaks that whether it be you, family or a stranger risk increases, by how much depends on where you live. More cases = more risk, if you live in a place with only one confirmed case you are less likely to catch it vs one who lives in a area with 1,000, however precautions should still be made because confirmed doesn't mean no others.

For the issue of people taking things seriously, it would help if our politicians stopped sending out mixed messages and government bodies actually started doing more. For example Brampton was the first place to place fines for those breaking social distancing here, then Toronto(I think), why not make it a Provincial mandate with fines enforceable by the police? Ford among others in both countries have that power right now even at Federal levels have that power, however are refusing in hopes people will comply by choice, which many will but most won't because it is not "law". If people looked at China and how they dealt with it, it worked complete lock down 3-4 weeks killed it off completely or as complete one can with such a large country, they weren't even savage about it either (people able to go out once a week for food etc) and something many people here would whine about but ultimately comply with.

Numbers don't lie, everywhere that has done a complete shut down mandatory isolation less food and hospitals plus a few other services like transit etc they have all flattened the curve. The questions are how many more need to die before the rest of the world does the same and is it too late?

8 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

In India, you see police officers beating people with sticks for braking quarantine rules. Other countries needs to do the same, screw those with their "my rights" nonsense.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-30/indias-coronavirus-lockdown-turns-ugly/12102032

Maybe that's an allowable method of punishment in India, but I don't think that would fly in most places. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

3 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Maybe that's an allowable method of punishment in India, but I don't think that would fly in most places. 

There are arrests being made in my state for emergency edict violations already.  They generally have to do with commissions of other crimes.  No beat downs afaik.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

There are arrests being made in my state for emergency edict violations already.  They generally have to do with commissions of other crimes.  No beat downs afaik.

I think that's good honestly, at least for people breaking social distancing and meeting size limitations. I'm currently having a moral dilemma about the 'only essential people get to leave their house' thing that's going on here, but at the moment it's raining and I don't want to be outside. When it gets sunny again though, it'll nag me like it has been. I have no intention of hanging around with people or being social, far from it, I just want to go out into the middle of nowhere and get some fresh air. Sadly though, no gradient exists in the law.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Septic tank TP is pointless if you’re not using a free standing septic system.  The stuff is thin and doesn’t work as well.  A town sewer system can handle regular TP just fine.  What it can’t handle are “wipes” that have synthetic fibers in them or heavy paper like newspaper or paper towels.  There IS NO paper shortage atm.  The toilet paper shortages seen are entirely due to hoarding and human panicking.

Charmin has septic safe TP, and their soft too. Yeah, there is no TP shortage. Read an article a while back, the reason wasn't just people who hoard, it's also because factories aren't willing to produce more of it, because they don't want to end up with a stock pile of them in storage, it takes up too much space.

10 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:
Spoiler

Garbage can (W/lid) with a bag and some disinfectant prayed every use. Not everyone can get what they need to flush down the toilet. Also there are wash cloths one could use to wipe (think babies, and reusable diapers), as long as you clean and disinfect them after use.

Where I live people don't typically care about social distancing, I thought it was only the weekends till I had this week off, cyclists are the worst offenders. Now I know I'm surrounded by brain dead zombies than intelligent human beings.

I travel to Toronto every day for work on public transit (not in DT, on the outskirts), and I'm confident if I was to get the virus it'll be due to someone where I live breaking social distancing and not from work or transit. Tho that might change depending on how busy the bus is going home on Monday as work decided it change my schedule to basically rush hour (I understand the logic about it), and with YRT/Go Transit reducing services it's being a potential threat more than anything. Imo public transit systems should be required by law during such events to be in full service and not allowed to reduce service except for trains to a degree. (Go is pushing that degree)

That said even in the USA the current numbers (not accurate due to limited testing) you are still at low risk of getting it as long as proper precautions are taken (washing, social distancing, avoid cross contamination like touching bags then food), the problem is the second one breaks that whether it be you, family or a stranger risk increases, by how much depends on where you live. More cases = more risk, if you live in a place with only one confirmed case you are less likely to catch it vs one who lives in a area with 1,000, however precautions should still be made because confirmed doesn't mean no others.

For the issue of people taking things seriously, it would help if our politicians stopped sending out mixed messages and government bodies actually started doing more. For example Brampton was the first place to place fines for those breaking social distancing here, then Toronto(I think), why not make it a Provincial mandate with fines enforceable by the police? Ford among others in both countries have that power right now even at Federal levels have that power, however are refusing in hopes people will comply by choice, which many will but most won't because it is not "law". If people looked at China and how they dealt with it, it worked complete lock down 3-4 weeks killed it off completely or as complete one can with such a large country, they weren't even savage about it either (people able to go out once a week for food etc) and something many people here would whine about but ultimately comply with.

Numbers don't lie, everywhere that has done a complete shut down mandatory isolation less food and hospitals plus a few other services like transit etc they have all flattened the curve. The questions are how many more need to die before the rest of the world does the same and is it too late?

Stay safe and do wear a mask.

6 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Of course it don't work in most other places. They need to put heavy fines for those that break quarantine rules tho. Minimum for it is $5,000 to $5,000,000 depending on that person's income, because I felt like $5,000 will be pocket change for those with deep pockets, but $5 million, can make them think, wow that's a lot.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

9 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Of course it don't work in most other places. They need to put heavy fines for those that break quarantine rules tho. Minimum for it is $5,000 to $5,000,000 depending on that person's income, because I felt like $5,000 will be pocket change for those with deep pockets, but $5 million, can make them think, wow that's a lot.

The $1000 fine in my area is good enough, I don't think most would want to pay it or do the 6 months in jail they could also get. The people that have the income to get charged $5 million have 1000+ acres of property here. They can socially distance on their sprawling ranch and never leave their own property.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

46 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

What kind of nonsense thinking is that?

Beat people for leaving there homes?

If i go on a hike in the woods in my backyard i put nobody at risk. If i take my motorcycle out and ride for an hour without stopping i out nobody at risk.

You can practice social distancing easily without locking yourself in your home.

17 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Stay safe and do wear a mask.

Masks are useless, unless they are N95. If the mask can't keep particles out it can't keep you safe, other masks are great for those who pose a risk not the other way around. That said N95 masks have all been sold out for weeks next to buying online at stupid prices.

Equally what is stupid is Amazon... Next to the fact that one could buy a 2100 gaming laptop and get it in a week vs starving to death in isolation because rice cookers arn't being shipped anytime soon. Why the hell is this not next day? Next to the fact it is clearly price gouging and I wouldn't trust them... https://www.amazon.ca/KN95-Masks-Adjustable-Headgear-5packs/dp/B0869LLF4V/