LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

3 minutes ago, Yujah said:

So sorry to have bothered you.

It's no bother 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

39 minutes ago, jctappel67 said:

Did your passkey never come through?

Also, if you want to increase your PPD pretty significantly for FREE, @Metallus97 has a great guide for using Google Cloud here: 

Thanks for that info! I will reserve that for the next event :D

3 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Why not? My 2080S can run just fine on my 12 year old board with a Core 2 Quad... Only PCIe2 bandwidth, but it works...

are you sure? i saw some people said mainboard like r2e isn't compatible with rtx 20 cards.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/285313/rtx-2080-2070-on-x58-legacy-system/ 

@El_Psy_CoNGR00 Customer support got back to me faster than expected.  Apparently they're just out of mesh side panels.  Next week they said is restock. When next week they didn't specify.  I'll try Monday.

Alright feel a little better now.  Room is cool and rig is well vented.  Bottom card is vacated to another PC, CPU and GPU back to cranking at good clocks at high 70's.  

Time to catch back up to those over-achievers at the top! 

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

anyhow i got folding the correctly install on 2 pcs. dont know if the site or my isp was corrupting the data for it. but its now working.

so 6 cards now are online and  150 cores are also online.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Ha!  Brought some more power online and got it rolling good today.  There are a few chunky WU around though had a couple for 270k that my 2080ti's loved and just chewed through today.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=925928

If I could just keep the Vega56, Foldy Puff Sr, running consistently I'd be golden! The RX580, Foldy Puff Jr, has pretty consistent work and oddly the Haswell Pentium at work is getting regular work but it's not assigned to a team as it's a super slow machine.

Scooty Puff Jr, Welcome Home – Tastes Like Petrol

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

5 minutes ago, Bitter said:

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=925928

If I could just keep the Vega56, Foldy Puff Sr, running consistently I'd be golden! The RX580, Foldy Puff Jr, has pretty consistent work and oddly the Haswell Pentium at work is getting regular work but it's not assigned to a team as it's a super slow machine.

I dunno what it is about V56/V64s.  My 5700XT has been churning happily for nearly a week with zero input from me, the 7970 is slow but methodical (and it's an OC card), but the V56 AirBoost is being an AirBitch.  Something is messed up with it too, because Radeon settings no longer lets me change core clock.  Every time I change it and click "apply" it resets the value.  Memory, power target, fan control, I can adjust all those.

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

19 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

@El_Psy_CoNGR00 Customer support got back to me faster than expected.  Apparently they're just out of mesh side panels.  Next week they said is restock. When next week they didn't specify.  I'll try Monday.

you know why there out of side panels? all the other folders got there first!! well my friend whilst the nice people at customer support get you panels   make sure to keep the toasty boi cool. perhaps try the fridge? lol   would like to see pics when the build is done. its gunna look sweet af !!!

El Psy Congroo out!

Folding since 15/03/20

Rig specs

Mobo - crosshair hero 7

Ram -  trident z 3400

Processor- Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.1 Ghz

Graphics card - Gigabyte 1080 TI

Has anyone had trouble with extremeoverclocking? My logs estimate 1,770,000 but my numbers just stopped showing up on the site. Could I have screwed something up?

ScreenCap.JPG

Full Log.txt

3 minutes ago, El_Psy_CoNGR00 said:

you know why there out of side panels? all the other folders got there first!! well my friend whilst the nice people at customer support get you panels   make sure to keep the toasty boi cool. perhaps try the fridge? lol   would like to see pics when the build is done. its gunna look sweet af !!!

I tried that with a macbook like a decade ago.  All it got me was a hot veggie drawer.  Bad idea.

3 hours ago, Full_Metal_Jacob said:

How do we request badges? I didnt even know that was a thing.lol

Apologies for not noticing the reply! Go read the first post here for all the details :)

5 minutes ago, El_Psy_CoNGR00 said:

Didn't LTT do a video on that awhile ago?

3 minutes ago, LFreeman said:

Didn't LTT do a video on that awhile ago?

i know they did a build awhile ago where they got a case with a phase changer ( which is the same as a fridge compressor)   inside it. it hit rediculous sub ambient temps of like 2c or 3c man id kill to have those kinda temps! but i wonder if cold bug would start to affect the hardware at some point? 

El Psy Congroo out!

Folding since 15/03/20

Rig specs

Mobo - crosshair hero 7

Ram -  trident z 3400

5 minutes ago, El_Psy_CoNGR00 said:

i know they did a build awhile ago where they got a case with a phase changer ( which is the same as a fridge compressor)   inside it. it hit rediculous sub ambient temps of like 2c or 3c man id kill to have those kinda temps! but i wonder if cold bug would start to affect the hardware at some point? 

18 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

I tried that with a macbook like a decade ago.  All it got me was a hot veggie drawer.  Bad idea.

seriously? lol well im not surprised mac books are like george forman grills !!!!! they even cook the atmosphere that surrounds them!!!! personally i blame macs for the current global warming crisis.

El Psy Congroo out!

Folding since 15/03/20

Rig specs

Mobo - crosshair hero 7

Ram -  trident z 3400

ok so extremeoverclocking.com must have blacklisted my ip address for some reason...if i connect directly to my modem (Bypassing my unify system) i cant access.  if i connect to my neighbors guest wifi it works it only doesn't work when going through my modem...i guess i will see what happens tomorrow if nogo will reach out to them to see what gives.

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

Just now, El_Psy_CoNGR00 said:

seriously? lol well im not surprised mac books are like george forman grills !!!!! they even cook the atmosphere that surrounds them!!!! personally i blame macs for the current global warming crisis.

I think that thing had a toasty 35w CPU.  My current LG Gram has a 15w? CPU in it and would probably fare loads better.  Not functional, but better.

@LFreeman i forgot about that video!  it made me lmao cos it achieved nothing!!!! 

El Psy Congroo out!

Folding since 15/03/20

Rig specs

Mobo - crosshair hero 7

Ram -  trident z 3400

Just now, El_Psy_CoNGR00 said:

@LFreeman i forgot about that video!  it made me lmao cos it achieved nothing!!!! 

Linus learned/showed exactly what I did but like 7 years afterwards.  I suspect I expected the result.

8 minutes ago, El_Psy_CoNGR00 said:

Apple Macbook Pro folding: Official Photo

AppleTorch.jpg

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

The production numbers by our top producers are impressive, but it's the midrange figures that truly blow me away. For instance.. Over 5,000 members producing over 50k ppd, and nearly 6,400 producing over 100k ppd. Mental!! 

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 3.45.36 PM.png