LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

46 minutes ago, El_Psy_CoNGR00 said:

i know its not folding related. but this may be of interest to anyone who is willing to help. spread the word peeps.

I see/follow Jack so I already did but I agree, spread the word mates!

35 minutes ago, hydrochloric said:

I bumped up all the power limits a touch further.  The cards are all on factory settings, but some are factory OC'd.

Lost the same machine again.  I removed the advanced flag, but I don't want to give up those WUs.  Hopefully some power and clock tweaks get enough stability...

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

Just now, Yujah said:

In that context, and only if it's trivial to do, anther column with "days active during the event" could potentially be semi-useful. In the sense of the WU shortage and more directly the stats-delay I've been on at least two days uncertain whether or not that day would register as "active".

And on the other hand; if basically 100% is active all days or conversely, the stats-delay in fact means that number would often be wrong, then maybe it's not useful or a good idea to show it.

Thought I'd mention it in any case. As said, even if considered a good addition, certainly only if it's trivial to add...

Already will be on the sheet using a countif

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Already will be on the sheet using a countif

If I get what you're saying then whether or not the current day counts is (i.e., "Todays points" unequal 0) is already but not a running total of active days over the event, right?

4 minutes ago, LFreeman said:

Number 56!! soo close to the top 50!!!

78!!! so close to top 75 ;) 

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

I am trying to not take this personal, but F@H is giving my 8700K the worse WU as my 10 year old 1090T used to get.  I can't break 10K on a WU, and pull a lot of 2K units.

1 minute ago, Yujah said:

If I get what you're saying then whether or not the current day counts is (i.e., "Todays points" unequal 0) is already but not a running total of active days over the event, right?

Kinda yeah, countif>0 basically. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, jctappel67 said:

210, so close to top 200!!!

I'm happy to still be in the top 9k with no bonus points.  Lacking in work units occasionally isn't helping, but I am largely keeping fed here.

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Kinda yeah, countif>0 basically. 

I'm still missing the idea it seems. Are you saying that indeed you will add the "total days active" column, or are you saying that it already IS trivially available from the sheet? Because latter I'm not seeing: the sheet only mentions today's points and the week total; I don't see how I could distill days-active from that --- unless you mean I'd manually run a test over each day's sheet and add.

1 minute ago, Yujah said:

I'm still missing the idea it seems. Are you saying that indeed you will add the "total days active" column, or are you saying that it already IS trivially available from the sheet? Because latter I'm not seeing: the sheet only mentions today's points and the week total; I don't see how I could distill days-active from that --- unless you mean I'd manually run a test over each day's sheet and add.

You don't have access to the full sheet, only one of 5 sheets...

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Inkertus said:

I'm happy to still be in the top 9k with no bonus points.  Lacking in work units occasionally isn't helping, but I am largely keeping fed here.

Did your passkey never come through?

Also, if you want to increase your PPD pretty significantly for FREE, @Metallus97 has a great guide for using Google Cloud here: 

F@H    EOC

7 minutes ago, Teriyaki.Handsome said:

I am trying to not take this personal, but F@H is giving my 8700K the worse WU as my 10 year old 1090T used to get.  I can't break 10K on a WU, and pull a lot of 2K units.

Do you have your CPU slot configured to client-type=advanced?  If not, give that a try to get some much bigger base points, potentially bigger final points (if your CPU can chew through it fast enough.)  It seems a little much for my i7-3770, but an 8700K? probably good.

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

You don't have access to the full sheet, only one of 5 sheets...

Right. So returning to the original question/suggestion, would you feel this a good idea to add to the daily report sheet 🙂

2 minutes ago, greblos said:

Do you have your CPU slot configured to client-type=advanced?  If not, give that a try to get some much bigger base points, potentially bigger final points (if your CPU can chew through it fast enough.)  It seems a little much for my i7-3770, but an 8700K? probably good.

I will give it a shot.  It's not like I have any other use for it while I am at work.

2 minutes ago, Yujah said:

Right. So returning to the original question/suggestion, would you feel this a good idea to add to the daily report sheet 🙂

It's not included for a reason

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, jctappel67 said:

Did your passkey never come through?

Also, if you want to increase your PPD pretty significantly for FREE, @Metallus97 has a great guide for using Google Cloud here: 

Never bothered.  Am just happy to participate.  I take the Who's Line Is It Anyway stance on the points.  I just use them and the WU count to keep general track of where I am and how far I've come.

Might have a look at the cloud link.

3 minutes ago, greblos said:

I actually added that to my GPU, however my WU scores went from averaging 113 to averaging 70K

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

It's not included for a reason

So sorry to have bothered you.

1 hour ago, Plexas said:

Good question. That thing will go pop sooner later at those temps.

I have a lot of old hot cards that still work perfectly and cool cards that died young, silicone lottery imo