LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

So today's update is i have had a steady stream of wu's.  but still quite sparse tbh.  Anyway. in the mean time i have decided to fold on boinc to fill the gaps of  down time 😄 

El Psy Congroo out!

Folding since 15/03/20

Rig specs

Mobo - crosshair hero 7

Ram -  trident z 3400

Processor- Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.1 Ghz

Graphics card - Gigabyte 1080 TI

5 minutes ago, AceSG said:

Is there a way to control another node in your local network? I noticed that you can add "clients" but when I add them, it just sits there connecting... Even tho there online and I entered the right info, and opend the port numbers.

You need to set the ip range allowed to connect to the nodes on each of them, by default it only allows localhost

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

FINAL daily meme (yeah thats a meme itself, me and my GF got sick with worrying symptoms - my GF way more then me - , maybe Covid-19, maybe not - so couldn't keep up with the memes).

SPREAD IT NERDS.

3u6xuq.jpg

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

Well, getting much less WUs today than yesterday.

I have gotten like 135k points the last 24 hours on my desktop that was set to folding probably 16 of those hours, and should normally do 1,3 million PPD. 

So probably did two WUs or something?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

8 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You need to set the ip range allowed to connect to the nodes on each of them, by default it only allows localhost

Far as I know it is set... 

2020-03-26 11_35_59-Greenshot.png

2020-03-26 11_36_48-Greenshot.png

2020-03-26 11_37_40-Greenshot.png

4 minutes ago, AceSG said:

Far as I know it is set... 

Did you quit and restart the client after setting it (not only the control interface, but the actual client in the system tray)?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

Did you quit and restart the client after setting it (not only the control interface, but the actual client in the system tray)?

For the node/server? Yes... the client no.  

Well the naming is confusing - FahClient is actually the server of this interface, and FahControl the client - You need to restart both FahControl and FahClient for the changes to be taken into account (normally there should be no need to restart FahControl, but I noticed that it usually never reconnected when leaving it open and bouncing FahClient at least on the local machine)

F@H

GPD Win 2

As someone new to folding it seems like the hardest part with hitting the "goal" or any meaningful work is manually resetting the attempt timer every hour or so. It seems like they should fix the counter to simply max at 10 minutes versus hours.

5 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Well the naming is confusing - FahClient is actually the server of this interface, and FahControl the client - You need to restart both FahControl and FahClient for the changes to be taken into account (normally there should be no need to restart FahControl, but I noticed that it usually never reconnected when leaving it open and bouncing FahClient at least on the local machine)

Sweet that did it, Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, BlueSpartan said:

As someone new to folding it seems like the hardest part with hitting the "goal" or any meaningful work is manually resetting the attempt timer every hour or so. It seems like they should fix the counter to simply max at 10 minutes versus hours.

I am folding for 3 years now. I have never seen that timer go up. Until last week. When so many new people joined the fight!

But yeah maybe they should. It would put a lot more pressure on the servers. And they are already struggling.

4 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

I am folding for 3 years now. I have never seen that timer go up. Until last week. When so many new people joined the fight!

But yeah maybe they should. It would put a lot more pressure on the servers. And they are already struggling.

That's why we need papa Linus to setup a high bandwidth dream folding work unit and collection server cluster! :)

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

130USD of steam gifts added by @Zberg

Big up to the guy!!!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

130USD of steam gifts added by @Zberg

Big up to the guy!!!

@Zberg is a Legend!!! 

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

Just now, Zberg said:

WOOB WO0B WOOB WOOB WOOB WOOBW00B WOOB Akeamemeorg | Org Meme on ME.ME

I still see an iceberg of zombies though... THIS CHANGES NOTHING!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

The entries to the event will close in one hour!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, NarielleD said:

1st time folder joining the fight! Thanks so much for this great initiative :)

Welcome in to the fold!

@NarielleD welcome welcome welcome. lets smash it!

El Psy Congroo out!

Folding since 15/03/20

Rig specs

Mobo - crosshair hero 7

Ram -  trident z 3400

Processor- Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.1 Ghz

Graphics card - Gigabyte 1080 TI

1 minute ago, El_Psy_CoNGR00 said:

@NarielleD welcome welcome welcome. lets smash it!

Absolutely. It's a relief to be able to hit back in any way, however small.

1 minute ago, NarielleD said:

Thank you! So glad to be here. 

WOOO!!!!!!

Welcome to the team. Just make sure you don't get 'Fold feet'

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240