LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

@Den-Fi told you it was coming! :D

Dont mess with the mods 😎

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

oooh event starts tomorrow! better get my overclocking done on my folding rig while i can then

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

1 minute ago, GrockleTD said:

oooh event starts tomorrow! better get my overclocking done on my folding rig while i can then

Please run stock if you can.  More likely than not it'll generate errors if you OC for F@H.

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

@Den-Fi told you it was coming! :D

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Dont mess with the mods 😎

I think this might be the first time in my life that I was bullied.

It's weird. I can see why people don't like it.

1 minute ago, Inkertus said:

Please run stock if you can.  More likely than not it'll generate errors if you OC for F@H.

nah nah, not GPU, just CPU. don't wanna be stuck unable to tinker for several weeks

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Guys I'm going to be AFK for the next 1-2 hours, If you need anything I will get back to you as soon as I can.

@Den-Fi play nice with the mods!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

So, I'm back in the game, now with 2 GPU's:

1080TI and a 1070TI

Problem now is, stupid EVGA Precision X1 keeps crashing when I try to apply a change to my 1080TI settings xD

13 hours ago, Valentyn said:

My PSU in my current rig is 5 years old! I hope she hold! An EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2.

Also unless you damaged it, and they can prove it, they need to respect the warranty.

Now, i need some WU's for my Titan! It's been idle since 22:23 last night Irish time.

I hope yours holds as well!

My dead psu is a Corsair Hx1050w. Out of all my PSU in my 15 years of computer building to die. I hope they honor it too :D

1 minute ago, Bhoriss said:

I hope yours holds as well!

My dead psu is a Corsair Hx1050w. Out of all my PSU in my 15 years of computer building to die. I hope they honor it too :D

First one that ever died on me was an Ultra 1000W one. Popped the second I turned it on :(

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

9 minutes ago, GrockleTD said:

nah nah, not GPU, just CPU. don't wanna be stuck unable to tinker for several weeks

No, you don't get it: it's not the amount of work units you can process in the amount of time available, but how reliable the results are. OC-ing does not do well for that, as the FaH team acknowledges. Those warnings are given for a reason, it's no use wasting CPU/GPU time for submitting unreliable results, which then have to be processed again to get a proper, usable result. Which takes time of the (overworked) FaH project staff. 🤨

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Gahdamm, I can't get work units on my GPU with any regularity... The hell are you guys doing to get it to work?

Also on my laptop, my CPU is deciding not to fold for whatever reason. Extremely frustrating.

Just now, bmichaels556 said:

Gahdamm, I can't get work units on my GPU with any regularity... The hell are you guys doing to get it to work?

Also on my laptop, my CPU is deciding not to fold for whatever reason. Extremely frustrating.

Restarting the PC if both aren't grabbing for 30-60 minutes or pausing the part for 5 minutes if same but one part is.

1 minute ago, bmichaels556 said:

We are constantly watching our systems for when they are out of WU and manually pausing and restarting ready slots to trigger calls for more WU every couple of minutes.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

3 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

Restarting the PC if both aren't grabbing for 30-60 minutes or pausing the part for 5 minutes if same but one part is.

Gotcha. Restarting has worked, but not as of today. I'll try pausing for longer and then try to start folding again. :) 

1 minute ago, LAR_Systems said:

We are constantly watching our systems for when they are out of WU and manually pausing and restarting ready slots to trigger calls for more WU every couple of minutes.

Though I tend to give it up to 15m after a reset because the servers are so overloaded.  Patience within reason is the motto here.

2 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

I keep forgetting

image.png.16b46070cc6c1dad5e6eb8cf1edf3278.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

23 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Guys I'm going to be AFK for the next 1-2 hours, If you need anything I will get back to you as soon as I can.

@Den-Fi play nice with the mods!

Sorry, but you are under official LTT Forum quarantine. No way to escape.

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

Interesting thing of the hour:

About 5 minutes ago I saw one heck of a gray-white fog drift by for about a minute.  Figured there was a machinery problem with the tree mulcher down the street.  It has been quiet since then.  Went out and saw and smelled it, smelled like a belt.  whoops 

Is there a way to control another node in your local network? I noticed that you can add "clients" but when I add them, it just sits there connecting... Even tho there online and I entered the right info, and opend the port numbers.

Thank you.