What do you think about Linus's probable retirement?

S.Hamed23

What do you think about Linus's probable retirement?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What do think Linus should do based on his stream?

• He desereves it. Take a long break and be back with us. Family first, then others.
    • Organize his priorities. Do whatever he wants. He will be deeply missed if he retires.

His life, his choices.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I'll personally fly over and kick his arse if he retires... you don't work your arse off to achieve what he has then retire...

But if the bloke wanted to take a year off I'd support him! 

He said he wasn't actually retiring. He had been thinking about it and has decided to change his mindset about the work and prioritize his family.

He's been going hard for so many years, he's trying to let us know that he'd like to ease off the pedal a little and giving us a heads up before we start to wonder.

He isn't actually leaving as he said in his stream.

Missing option : You(Linus) cannot escape.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'd be ok with that. Recently I've been watching more of Tech Linked (which doesn't have that much Linus anyway) instead of the main channel so I'd barely even notice that he's gone. 

It's kind of funny - Pewdiepie is also taking a break this year. Perhaps more big time youtubers are deciding to take breaks for the new decade and to ponder their options.

He should absolutely take some time off and possibly adjust his working hours so that he can spend more time with his family. I realize that it's tough to take a step back as someone running their own company, but if you don't look after yourself, it will eventually become a problem - either physically or mentally. I've known enough people who worked recklessly and eventually had to stop.

It's both much more healthy for oneself and better for the company to take breaks when needed.

6 hours ago, S.Hamed23 said:

Please participate in the poll

Nope. Not enough choices. At the very least, the poll should have an "Other" option.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Linus should take some time out and be around LTT as a special guest more often to live his family life a little more, he's the face of the company, he's changed more lives than he could ever imagine with that upbeat personality, terrible dad jokes, excitement and love for tech, mine included, so, yeah, get a break, a long break, go give more attention and love to the family, tech can wait.

He's too young to retire. I would deny him his resignation if his company is ran like a military and I am the minister of defense. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I didnt have time to listen to his whole stream. But seems like hes just having issues balancing his work and home life.

As an outsider looking in (as in im making nothing but assumptions here and nothing more so i could be totally wrong) I dont think it should be TOO hard for him to step back and work less hours. It seems like they have a good staff at LMG that can handle the day to day things and bring fans the content they like.

For me "at the end of a day" family is most important part of my life...

I love what I do at work but I can't get satisfaction and joy of it if my family time is sacrificed.

IMHO... We should listen our heart and think about our doing...

well first off what with the poll? theirs two options and they are basically the same. what if we want to vote like a selfish asshole?

on a more serious note, i dont think it is probable. every now and then life throws you a surprise reminder of all those things you dont want to think or talk about and it shakes you to the core. some people make drastic decisions often labeled midlife crisis's some people take it a bit quieter but it's part of life it will happen to everyone and more then once. he's just a whole lot more honest and public about it. 

the "what do you do with your life now that you can really do anything and achieved your goals" thing is something most people run into way later in life but linus is so successful he ran into early. pewdiepie is going through the same thing right now. they have got to find his own raison d'être a "reason for being" and it's not a one size fit all. 

also like, this is a thread on the forums. linus doesnt read the forums, sooooooooooooo

what im hyped for is wan show tomorrow and what luke is going to say about how he heard about this probably from twitter or discord commentators who watched the video and not his best friend? good long time friend at the very least. them talking about it is going to be a lot more interesting then any actual news.

Honestly It is his life his priorities, but what it sounds like he needs to organize things better.
The Kid with Cancer hit him hard, while I understand he got to make 1 kid really happy at the end of the day
before he died and that's because of him.

He needs a vacation that's what I think totally getting out of it is something that doesn't seem to be him since he know he loves what he does.

homeofmew (homeofmew#1337)

[ | folding@home | F@A Extreme Over Clocking | Bionic | ]

Bachelors of Science in Mathematics, University of Houston

7 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Nope. Not enough choices. At the very least, the poll should have an "Other" option.

You could... just tell us what you'd vote for instead, if it doesn't fall under the two categories.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I think he should do whatever is best for himself. If that means retiring completely, so be it. If that means the death of LMG, so be it. If that means stepping back and simply acting as a manager/owner at a distance, also good.

However, he should be under no pressure to return simply because fans want him to stay on.

He just needs to figure out what the problem is, and how to fix it.

I assume he's built up enough financial means that he probably could retire right now and live a decent middle-class life (plus his Wife would likely still work, whether for LMG or elsewhere). He could also sell LMG to one of his business partners if he needed to raise capital (or legit "sell out" and sell LMG to the highest bidder - not that he would take that option).

Or he could just get a normal job, if he wanted. He's got a lot of management experience, so he could basically be an exec or a manager at almost any tech company.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The poll is flawed. There is no option for No Opinion.

One of the points I got from the live stream was that Linus has built a company and a community which can survive without him, and that that was kind of his unspoken goal of sorts. I believe he was successful in doing so.

So if Linus does becomes more rare he will be missed, but ultimately all that matters is that he is safe and happy.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

I couldn't care less. He should do whatever he thinks is best for him. I haven't watched LTT(or any tech youtubers) videos frequently in like 2 years. So even if he did retire I likely wouldn't know or care. 

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

Honestly his choice but if he didnt like making videos he wouldnt have done it for so long. so maybe just rework the message you want to send.

first retire the phrase "and check out where to buy the stuff we featured..."

and then if he feels hes just promoting more comsumerism then do less commercial style videos. 

LTT is more than that i like to think it has educational and inspirational values.for example tech quickie is the most knowledgable wiki i know to send people to whenever i get bothered with question i feel answering would take to long. 

and for me personaly i got all diy aspirations from linus. seeing him just wing it and do crazy stuff like whole room watercooling back in the day showed me that you dont have to get expensive "experts" for everything. that my ideas no matter how crazy can be realized with a little bit of ingenuity.

also techy kids often get bullied and told that interest in technology is somehow weird and anormal and needs to be fixed. but LTT gives you a community that embraces interest and crazy ideas and stupid questions and....

so even though i get that he doesnt want to just be commercial platform and tell kids to go get the newest stuff i still think what LTT does is important to a lot of young kids. and 27 year old inner children like me who basically spent the last 10 years watching linus :D

no but really i think he should step back a bit and make time for his family. i really didnt know he pushed himelf this hard. but i also would hate to have to miss him completely.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

he should take a 3-month vacation with his family, travel to places and open a new channel for vlogs. meanwhile, get luke to host the videos, rename the channel to luketechtips for the period

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!