What Would You Do If You Won 50 Million USD

redbread123
1 minute ago, redbread123 said:

what

Nothing, just joking with the person that said they'd buy a lot of PCP. It was from a comedy sketch video on YouTube. 

If I were to win the lottery and get 50 million I'd buy a few things, a nice house and car for myself(nothing crazy). I'd get my parents a new place, donate to a few different charities for veterans and cancer research. More than likely invest a few million and then put the rest into a interest collecting savings account. I would still work a normal job and I'm pretty good with money and am not the type of person to blow it all on expensive things.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Quit my job

donate to charity like $5 mil to $7 mil

I will live my life with the rest $40 mil til I die. I know how to spend money.

50 million USD? 

1. Gib 15 million to sis. She deserves it :) 

2. Gib parents each 5 million. Neither of them really needs it that bad when already, their net worths aren't that far off... ?

3. Finish me pilot training, hold a normal airline pilot job, will be another £30K~ 

4. Spend between $1 to $1.5 mill and get myself a nice piper malibu...pressurised, has decent range, excellent take-off/landing performance, what not to like? 

5. Spend $250K and buy an extra 200. Gotta have the aerobatics ya know.

6. Spend a little monies and buy like 10 acres of land...average per acre is £9000, but let's go with a higher figure of £20,000 per acre just for flexibility, costing £200,000 

7. Build a 3000ft paved runway with a small hangar for the two aircrafts, let's call this a cool mill (grass strips can be extreme cheap, coming in at under $100,000 so a mill should be achievable)

8. Build a medium sized house on the said land. Nothing fancy. Lets say I spend $2 mill on it.

9. Leave $2 mill for living costs

10. This leaves around $19 million to invest. Set up a property agency, buy a bunch of homes in a variety of markets across the world (to ensure a housing collapse won't be detrimental), enjoy the good passive income whilst aiming for a return of 5%, post taxes, employee costs ect. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

10 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

50 million USD? 

you'd be about $20M to $25M in debt, owing the united states tax man

11 hours ago, OlympicAssEater said:

the rest $40 mil

you'd only have about $15M to spend

I would find a bunch of marginalized people who cannot get a job due to their background or disabilities and hire them on one condition: that they do work for localities and somehow generate value. Basically hire people and find work for them. Work that nobody wants to do because not profitable. So that includes cleaning up streets, helping elderly people, delivering groceries to isolated houses, recycling factory byproducts etc...

This experiment has been done in France with much success under the ESIAM banner. Just look it up. 

EDIT: to be clear, this program only works with the aid of government subsidies. And it makes a lot of economical sense because people who don’t work cost the government money in terms of financial aid. The idea is to tap into that financial aid while putting people to work and teaching them skills. Everybody wins. 

if i won 50 mil i buy a sim racing rig and a new and better appartment in my city so my mom can have a garden to walk/sit in and i would actually have room for a sim rig.

then i would use my current pc 2700x and 2080 for folding (that project linus did a video on that lets you donate gpu power to help solve maths or something to help scientists find cures for diseases) and buy a new setup to stand next to my sim racing rig with a titan rtx and the threadripper that arrives at some point. 

probably buy a car so i don't have to bike 7km to work every day lol.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Spoiler

21.-ops.-Scrooge-McDuck.-Azizonomics.jpg

Or more seriously, I'd pay professionals to do all that needs to be done in my house. Give money to my family, all kind of illness research (cancer, aids, alzheimer etc).

Keep my job so I have a reason to still go out.

Starting non-profit organisation focusing on open-source science development for the betterment of mankind!

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Buy a place far away from any city or high populated ares.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

7 hours ago, Praesi said:

Buy a place far away from any city or high populated ares.

So you have almost no chance of wasting your money, but a GREAT chance of becoming a crazy "lonely wolf" or next unabomber

13 minutes ago, D.U.F.F. said:

So you have almost no chance of wasting your money, but a GREAT chance of becoming a crazy "lonely wolf" or next unabomber

I only go crazy when i see all those degenerated smartphone Zombies.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

pwp college for me, my family, get that all done so we dont need it, then iunno pwp what could one do with that much money? 

Moist

75% of you would be broke in 1-5 years.

like most new millionare athletes (usually young) who get their first professional contract will spend what they dont have. not realizing the government takes a shit ton of your money. artists and musicians too, will put sole faith in all money matters into one person, who too gets them into a big tax jam, or outright steals money from them.

some divorcees dont even know how to pay a bill at the bank, let alone on a pc/cell. you gotta laugh at those types right, more money then brains, silver spoon people. and to the extreme some wont even know how to cook a meal, aside a microwave job.

2 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

not realizing the government takes a shit ton of your money.

In most of the US, you keep at least 60% after taxes, or ~$30 million.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

46 minutes ago, D.U.F.F. said:

What’s wrong with wanting to live away from big cities?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Internet bill and/or internet speed and shopping.

Otherwise, fuck big cities.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Internet bill and/or internet speed and shopping.

Otherwise, fuck big cities.

With 50 Million i dont give a damn about any Bills.

49 minutes ago, D.U.F.F. said:

If he's with his bf and multiple moo floofs he won't be lonely, and I'm preeeeeeeetty sure the unabomber was insane to begin with. Liking to live away from cities (they're shit, so long as you're within reasonable driving distance of one for shopping there's no need to be any closer) doesn't make people start sending out mail bombs. Otherwise every rural post office would have a bomb squad on hand and the big ole scanners from airports, lol. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

10 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Nothing wrong with that and the best part is that it does NOT need any money ?

50 million?

Im setting up off shore accounts for all my family first.

Buying a house in the woods away from everyone.

Then do whatever i want till im old and dying then they will find me dead with a smile on my face with charlie sheen level women and drugs everywhere lol.

1 hour ago, D.U.F.F. said:

Because theres not hundred of thousands of people not living in the cities now right?

Its all up to the person. Personally ill never live in a city. Why deal with the people, traffic, crime, etc? To me cities suck.

Give me a beautiful house in the mountains where i can do whatever i want whenever i want. If i feel like having a bon fire going, working in the workshop with compressors and power tools going off, dirt bikes and fourwheelers running at 3am etc i can do that in the woods.

Living in the city or around people you have to worry about them. I dont feel like worrying about others or others telling me what i can and cant do with my property.

7 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Because theres not hundred of thousands of people not living in the cities now right?

Its all up to the person. Personally ill never live in a city. Why deal with the people, traffic, crime, etc? To me cities suck.

Give me a beautiful house in the mountains where i can do whatever i want whenever i want. If i feel like having a bon fire going, working in the workshop with compressors and power tools going off, dirt bikes and fourwheelers running at 3am etc i can do that in the woods.

Living in the city or around people you have to worry about them. I dont feel like worrying about others or others telling me what i can and cant do with my property.

The rural area has a smaller selection of whores and drugs, not to mention other luxurious services needed.

Buy a few acres a few miles out of town, then invest the rest in bonds, mutual funds, index funds and some farm land to rent out. 

I'd probably start commuting to work in something nicer than my Focus though; I'm only 30, too young to retire.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 minute ago, D.U.F.F. said:

The rural area has a smaller selection of whores and drugs, not to mention other luxurious services needed.

What services?

We are talking about someone with 50 million bucks....what would i need to go to the city for? 

People live just fine in rural areas. Im not filthy rich and we happily decided to live 35 miles away from the nearest city. In 5 years of owning the home i havent found anything that made me regret it or want to move to the city.

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

I'd probably start commuting to work in something nicer than my Focus though

Car, or truck?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel