What Would You Do If You Won 50 Million USD

redbread123
1 minute ago, Anjelllo said:

Take all the interesting courses I want in college, not necessarily pursuing a degree. Probably add a few years to my college experience to learn about everything I want to. Stay humble(Keep the $ a secret), but do travelling/study abroad and fix my damn car. Pay off parents'/Sibling's debt(as inconspicuously as possible hopefully in some way without them knowing), Get some more clothes, and good food. Stick in my house and not expand my lifestyle other than that. Get smart before investing in anything, mainly stick to index funds. Maybe start Venture capital firm and take on Silicon Valley. Just things off the top of my head.

Venture capital is incredibly dangerous and filled with some of the lowest pond scum to ever put on a suit.  There’s a reason they call it “vulture capital”

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, amdorintel said:

setup offshore accounts

setup shell companies

setup another identity

Difficult, dangerous, and if you’re not actually a criminal, unnecessary.  Unless it’s a tax evasion thing so back to criminal.  Living life permanently terrified might make it less dull though probably a lot less pleasant.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, amdorintel said:

startup an investing firm and a hedge fund

Hedge funds have been famous lately but they’re only actually profitable in very specific economic circumstances.  More often they’re a scam, like junk bond funds.  That offshore account and alternate identity might prove useful after all.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Difficult, dangerous, and if you’re not actually a criminal, unnecessary.  Unless it’s a tax evasion thing so back to criminal.  Living life permanently terrified might make it less dull though probably a lot less pleasant.

difficult no

dangerous, depends on what your talking about, and setting all those up is quite easy and zero danger. talk about tax man from home country dangerous, again its not. countless cases have been caught, and all they want is money because a long drawn out case is not what the government wants, what the government wants are little tiny fish to fuck over.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

prove useful

yes, its is very useful in many many ways

hiding your money from the likes of TMZ, other tabloids, magazines, con men, shysters, gold digging women, other criminals and nafareous people. the majority of famous people have alternate identities so they can grab a hotel room and not have a barage of people hassling them.

15 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

difficult no

[/QUOTE] depends on knowledge. Getting it wrong could be bad

dangerous, depends on what your talking about, and setting all those up is quite easy and zero danger.

setup and deposits are.  Withdrawals and anything other than simple savings get tricky

talk about tax man from home country dangerous, again its not. countless cases have been caught, and all they want is money because a long drawn out case is not what the government wants,

of course not.  That means expensive and they don’t have the budget.  It not about want it’s about able

what the government wants are little tiny fish to fuck over.

oh they like big fish much better.  Prefer them even.  A lot. The problem is lately the big fish are bigger than they are and can no longer be reeled in

Edited by Bombastinator
Cut quote cleanup

31 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

I'd build a decent house on some decent property with @pinksnowbirdie, raise a bunch of rabbits and buy a bunch of forgotten 90s shitboxes.

yes exactly what I'd do too :^

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, Bombastinator said:

oh they like big fish much better.  Prefer them even.  A lot

well a bunch of multi millionares were caught in Zurich hiding money. they were told to pay up and a small fee was attached

countless cases of the tax payer knowing more then the tax man, yet still getting bent over fucked by their own government.

its very common to let the rich slide and pick on the bums, its human nature

Unlimited supply of HENTAI, Call Girls, Booze, Drugs and i maybe buy a couple Holland & Holland rifles, cheaper ones less than $ 200,000

4 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

well a bunch of multi millionares were caught in Zurich hiding money. they were told to pay up and a small fee was attached

countless cases of the tax payer knowing more then the tax man, yet still getting bent over fucked by their own government.

its very common to let the rich slide and pick on the bums, its human nature

It’s an equal application of law problem.  If the legal body is underfunded enough they can’t fight the rich ones who would have gotten the exact same treatment as the small ones had the legal body been able to

1 minute ago, D.U.F.F. said:

Unlimited supply of HENTAI, Call Girls, Booze, Drugs and i maybe buy a couple Holland & Holland rifles, cheaper ones less than $ 200,000

It’s been done.  You’ll be broke in 5 years.

In this order:

Invest 50% (CDs, money market, bonds, etc.), give 25% to my church (with certain stipulations), take 15% and build a shooting range that I would own and operate (after I drop my current degree, and get a general business and/or fiance degree), 5% and make sure elderly family is taken care of, 3% on bull$#it, and 2% on lawyer fees for trust funds, will, etc.

Instructions for frustration management:  

1) Sit at desk.   2) Repeatedly slam forehead against desk.

I never said I was smart, just smart enough to be dangerous.

ORLY?

……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |:    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) : |: : : :|:  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : ?
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: :
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
You have been visited by the propane god, I tell ya hwat. Repost this on 5 more profiles or Hank Hill will bring the propain.

- credit to, @Cinnabar Sonar

$50,00,000 is more than enough to get a really nice head start on any kind of business.

Why spend/donate $50M when you can use it to earn many times that much money that you could then spend and donate?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Buy a house.

Buy a chassis cab truck.

Buy a V6 AWD Challenger.

Buy a V8 Hemi challenger.

Either an M82, M107, or Serbu BFG-50A.

And bank the rest.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

pay off my house, maybe add an extension to it, put a lump sum of it in an investment that i could just live off the interest so i could find a less stressful job but something that still feels like it gives me purpose and donate the rest.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Pay off whatever debts i'd have at the point I got that money, invest the huge majority into all sorts of things and keep a couple million for myself while I hopefully earn back my investments

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Pay off my debts, pay off my mother's house, buy some land somewhere and build a house, go back to school and get a degree, open a business with friends so we can make money and all have time off together, do some traveling too.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

59 minutes ago, D.U.F.F. said:

spacer.png

Firstly, I would follow u/BlakeClass's advice on what to do if you won the lottery

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

2 hours ago, amdorintel said:

thats actually really really sad

How? Dying a gamer doesn't mean that's all they do every waking moment of their life. It just means instead of working 9-5, they play games and do whatever they want without having to worry about money. That's like the opposite of sad.

I would build myself an awesome house with a huge garage. I'd probably give myself a limit of a couple million worth of cars in the beginning. 

The rest of the money would be distributed toward savings to support myself long term, buying gold, probably building a bunker should society collapse, and investing the rest into business ventures and real estate. The goal would be that through proper investment, that one time lump sum of cash would create a steady yearly stream of income so that I would be a millionaire for life.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

There are companies that will invest for you.  Some of them are even reputable.

fiverr