What Would You Do If You Won 50 Million USD

redbread123

First time poster!

With that money I'd continue to travel and do more of it out of the country. Make sure my family is setup of course. Buy a house and get a god-like gaming rig. Nothing too crazy. The object is to stay rich and not go broke doing stupid stuff. Invest some of that money and make sure it works for me, ya dig?

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

I'd probably split it into fifths.  1/5 would go to my parents.   Another to my grandparents, another into my checking and savings accounts.  Another would be invested, and another would be donated to the charity or organization of my choosing.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

On 11/19/2019 at 1:31 AM, seon123 said:

Pretend I didn't, and just live normally, knowing that if something happens, It will be fine. Maybe invest at least some of it. Celebrate by eating a large kebab :P

You had me at kebab ?

I'd give friends and family a good chunk each to make sure they didn't ever have to worry about money again. Then probably buy myself a few luxuries like a new car, house, tech etc. and then I'd try to invest a chunk to provide a constant revenue for some homeless charities.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

10 hours ago, TheKDub said:

Gotta invest it all in AMD. Get rich quick :D 

Especially when amd gets screwed by Nvidia with their cost reducing, high efficiency 7 nm EUV fabricated dies in their ampere line up

I would probably upgrade my setup and lock my self up in my room. It's basically what I do anyways.

Add a couple of zeroes. Then I'd buy a private island big enough to build a city on top. It would be like Sim City, only real.

On 11/19/2019 at 1:22 AM, redbread123 said:

So we're all gamers, we all dream of quad 2080 ti and and 9900ks, what kind of setup would you guys get with that kind of money, I would donate to charity, my family and just never get a job and die a gamer.

Go all out with my audio setup, then just chuck the rest into stocks, then do fuck all with it, except be rich!

Already happy with everything else, have a partner, buying a new house hopefully within the next couple of weeks, got a really nicely paying job, nothing else I need really.

And also donate million's to cancer research UK, etc.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

12 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Go all out with my audio setup, then just chuck the rest into stocks, then do fuck all with it, except be rich!

Already happy with everything else, have a partner, buying a new house hopefully within the next couple of weeks, got a really nicely paying job, nothing else I need really.

And also donate million's to cancer research UK, etc.

For me I'd donate to heart attacks,etc. lots of my relatives have died from it, and I'm scared for my dad since he is kind of overweight.

Just now, redbread123 said:

For me I'd donate to heart attacks,etc. lots of my relatives have died from it, and I'm scared for my dad since he is kind of overweight.

Well, my grandma had breast cancer but survived it, she's still chugging along. So I would donate to them, and a few other's, also, Team trees!

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

5 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Well, my grandma had breast cancer but survived it, she's still chugging along. So I would donate to them, and a few other's, also, Team trees!

Yeah I was fucking terrified when I heard my uncle was feeling sick in the hospital, luckily he's fine and just got an agisticony.. something something, but my other uncle died :/ so anyways back on topic to the thread

Not gonna lie, I wouldn’t go all out on trying to look and be rich. Again, my interest in cars is largely under $10k for a car. I’ve got nothing to prove, whether or not I’d have 50 M’s to flaunt around.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Not gonna lie, I wouldn’t go all out on trying to look and be rich. Again, my interest in cars is largely under $10k for a car. I’ve got nothing to prove, whether or not I’d have 50 M’s to flaunt around.

Yeah i wouldnt show it off at all.. And a super expensive car just wouldnt work where i live, It would be absolutely hopeless.

2 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Not drawing attention to yourself is a good strategy.

It's okay to treat yourself after winning that much money - but going and buying an original McLaren F1 for example, or buying a 4000+ sq-ft mansion? Maybe not so much.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

honestly, I'd get a tesla just cause their quiet and pretty practical, model 3 performance

honestly, I'd get a tesla just cause their quiet and pretty practical, model 3 performance

Check out the new Mustang Mach-E - it's a new direct competitor to the Model 3 (incl. the performance edition) - but it's slightly larger as a Crossover.

On paper, it looks incredibly compelling. It doesn't come out until next year sometime though.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Check out the new Mustang Mach-E - it's a new direct competitor to the Model 3 (incl. the performance edition) - but it's slightly larger as a Crossover.

On paper, it looks incredibly compelling. It doesn't come out until next year sometime though.

ew, honestly it looks too ugly to be called a mustang, NOT EVERY CAR HAS TO BE A FUCKING SOCCER MOM SUV HEAR ME CAR BUSINESS?

ew, honestly it looks too ugly to be called a mustang,

Frankly it looks fine. Style is something everybody complains about until the next version comes out, then people complain about that instead.

NOT EVERY CAR HAS TO BE A FUCKING SOCCER MOM SUV HEAR ME CAR BUSINESS?

Well.. considering that's what sells? Yes.

Aside from that, if the Mach-E is a success, I guarantee they'll release other versions (including a Fast back performance car version).

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Frankly it looks fine. Style is something everybody complains about until the next version comes out, then people complain about that instead.

Well.. considering that's what sells? Yes.

Aside from that, if the Mach-E is a success, I guarantee they'll release other versions (including a Fast back performance car version).

I would get the fastback, I like small cars like hatchbacks.

1 minute ago, redbread123 said:

I would get the fastback, I like small cars like hatchbacks.

Well, that will happen too, given enough time.

The auto manufacturers typically start with product segments that are more popular - hence Crossover SUV.

On 11/18/2019 at 5:40 PM, amdorintel said:

the majority of people dont know how to save, let alone spend money wisely.

yeah that is true, ive grown poor i feel like i could save most of the money, i would still work a job because i need something to live for. maybe at a restaurant that I would buy, an investment and a way to keep me from becoming hopelessly depressed 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

On 11/20/2019 at 6:34 AM, amdorintel said:

you'd be about $20M to $25M in debt, owing the united states tax man

you'd only have about $15M to spend

You pay taxes in winnings? O.o

In that case, can I just say I won £39 million instead? The taxman in the UK does not expect taxes from lottery winnings :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

7 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

You pay taxes in winnings? O.o

In that case, can I just say I won £39 million instead? The taxman in the UK does not expect taxes from lottery winnings :P 

In the US, lottery winnings are taxable - in Canada, they are tax free.

4 hours ago, redbread123 said:

Personally, I'd get myself a 95 Impala SS in Dark Cherry Red. It's the utter definition of undefined wealth. Is it someone who can't afford to maintain a B-body? Is it the CEO of a big ass company? Is it someone who just likes body-on-frame boats that are menacing? Who the hell knows. 

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.