[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

6 hours ago, Juular said:

Well, i meant, detailed reviews, with transient response tests at least. And because there are very few reviewers doing that, basically if the unit (or other units on it's reference platform if there were no changes) doesn't have a review from Aris then it wouldn't be in tier A.

Here it is 🙂

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/fsp-hydro-ptm-pro-1200-w/

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fsp-hydro-ptm-pro-1200w-power-supply-review

Or is there some other reason?

Addition How about Dark Power 12 Non PRO? Also, are there any teardowns and reviews for the GreatWall E?

7 hours ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

Or is there some other reason?

Huh, weird, i thought there are no reviews on it. Must be too low OCP/OPP limit then, on Aris sample at least, i'd probably move 850-1200W models to tier A normal priority in the next revision then (650/750W seem different, no reviews altogether).

2 hours ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

Looks like error.(Dark Power 12)

Yep.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

On 7/28/2021 at 2:29 PM, LienusLateTips said:

You make it sound like they have control of this. They really don't. 

PSUs are a commodity at this point. They really don't have a moral obligation to do this. Just buy another brand if you don't like it. 

This is a very stupid thing to say

On 7/28/2021 at 5:11 PM, jonnyGURU said:

I'm not saying YOU should buy from a distributor.  I'm saying the scalpers are. 

What the fuck, dude?  How and why would Corsair encourage scalping?  Corsair isn't "selling to scalpers".  There is a set clientele that Corsair sells to.  If a scalper taps into one of those resources (ASI, Ingram Micro, Synnex, etc.), Corsair has no control over that.  Jesus.

Scalpers don't help Corsair.  They hurt.  We have obligations to actual resellers and if we don't have inventory because some dick head bought 1000 pieces from a disty that were supposed to go to WalMart because someone at the disty thought it would be quickly replenished without realizing that the next container isn't leaving the port for it's 6 to 8 week sea journey for another two weeks because it's impossible to book a ship these days, then they're going to buy a different brand... that's not Corsair's fault.  But I guess you have absolutely no idea how channel distribution works.

And there are plenty of Corsair PSUs at Best Buy, Microcenter, etc. too.  At non-scalper prices.  I wouldn't rule out Amazon and Newegg either, but do make sure that the "seller" says Amazon or Newegg and not "AAAbe Amazing Deals".

How do scalpers make money if stock is easily available at MSRP?

2 hours ago, basriwizz said:

be quiet! Dark Power 12 [non-Pro] is listed in Multi-rail section but it comes with a switch and a jumper like the Pro version. https://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/2151

Yeah, it would be moved in the next revision.

could black screen issue on amd happen because of bas power supply?

12 hours ago, Yuvraj Mann said:

could black screen issue on amd happen because of bas power supply?

make a new thread.

12 hours ago, Yuvraj Mann said:

on amd

why u mentioned this?

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

6 hours ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

What is the difference between pre/post 2020 Leadex III?

early revisions had some minor issues with voltage regulation

6 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

early revisions had some minor issues with voltage regulation

Hmm, I recall it was it 12V dropping down below 11.4V at protection testing? 

Red Dragon RPGS GC P1-500W and P2-600 tier list??? 1st player is the oem, model which it is?

7 hours ago, siggames said:

Red Dragon RPGS GC P1-500W and P2-600 tier list??? 1st player is the oem, model which it is?

RGPS is quite similar to DK (Helly Technology is the manufacturer of both series, I guess they own 1st Player). I also think it deserves to be inserted in any subtier (due to the lack of some more specific tests).

On 7/30/2021 at 1:55 PM, RTXOutOfStockEdition said:

How do scalpers make money if stock is easily available at MSRP?

They don't, right?  Which is why I'm so godsmacked this guy is saying stuff like "Corsair supports scalpers! ", "boycott Corsair!", "buy EVGA from Micro Center!  They're in stock!". 

Scalping comes and goes as inventories go up and down as containers come into port and empty out.  And there's definitely scalping of higher wattage PSUs (HX1200i and AX1600i, for example), because of miners.  

Greetings!  I just purchased ASUS Rog Strix G15CE (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i7-11700kf-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-2tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455824.p?skuId=6455824) which came with Great Wall E750 Gold+ PSU.  I just noticed that this was added to Tier A on 7/27/21, and was wondering if anyone had any more information.  I've been looking to buy a new 850w PSU (or higher to prep for RTX 40 series maybe??) to replace this, but if the Great Wall unit truly is Tier A, I might just use it for a while.  Thanks for any help!

1 hour ago, SpicyUndies said:

Greetings!  I just purchased ASUS Rog Strix G15CE (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-rog-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i7-11700kf-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-2tb-hdd-512gb-ssd/6455824.p?skuId=6455824) which came with Great Wall E750 Gold+ PSU.  I just noticed that this was added to Tier A on 7/27/21, and was wondering if anyone had any more information.  I've been looking to buy a new 850w PSU (or higher to prep for RTX 40 series maybe??) to replace this, but if the Great Wall unit truly is Tier A, I might just use it for a while.  Thanks for any help!

Looks to be what Corsair TX-M would be if Greatwall sold it themselves, just unmodified.

3 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

They don't, right?  Which is why I'm so godsmacked this guy is saying stuff like "Corsair supports scalpers! ", "boycott Corsair!", "buy EVGA from Micro Center!  They're in stock!". 

Scalping comes and goes as inventories go up and down as containers come into port and empty out.  And there's definitely scalping of higher wattage PSUs (HX1200i and AX1600i, for example), because of miners.  

That's where they make the money?

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

30 minutes ago, Mason Peterson said:

Looks to be what Corsair TX-M would be if Greatwall sold it themselves, just unmodified.

That would be because that's what it is. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

2 hours ago, Mason Peterson said:

The E750 doesn't look exactly the same as the TX750M in that it uses a different PCB. (I think it's probably the same PCB as CX, TX650M or lower. Single-sided/double-sided difference?)

In addition, the bulk cap specifications are different, and for the specifications sold in my country, Teapo SC was used on the secondary side in the early days. (even though it's petty 😛)

KtTmH4aDpYdcyB9vPaaJSQ.jpg

Bimg_1287da8871ff927f83bd9774ff6d6660_3zj9.png

Edited by IIIIIIIIII

24 minutes ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

The E750 doesn't look exactly the same as the TX750M in that it uses a different PCB. (I think it's probably the same PCB as CX, TX650M or lower. Single-sided/double-sided difference?)

Yeah, it's most likely neither, and there are no reviews with components teardown as far as i'm aware to see if it's similar or not.

8 minutes ago, Juular said:

Yeah, it's most likely neither, and there are no reviews with components teardown as far as i'm aware to see if it's similar or not.

I'm afraid they might have used shit mosfet like jilin sino😞

5 hours ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

I'm afraid they might have used shit mosfet like jilin sino😞

Corsair CX uses Jilin Sinos too IIRC, the difference with PGM is in the rating, it's the same for 450W CX as for 850W P-GM, that's why the one doesn't blowup and the other does, that and maybe something else in MEIC's design.