[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

13 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Things happen.  It's weird.

I was doing OTP testing the other day.  Threw the PSU in the chamber, increased the temp every 30 seconds, got to 70°C and it shut down.  Sent it off to the lab.  They said it got as high as 80°C and it never shut down.  Send it back, tested it in A DIFFERENT CHAMBER and got it up to 70°C again and it shut down.  I want to go to the lab to see what they're doing wrong, but COVID.... 😞

Record a video of your test and send it to the lab.  Ask the lab to send you a video of what they are doing and results they are getting.

@jonnyGURUAny news from Seasonic on the Prime x Ampere issues ? Or they're planning to fix it with the platform behind EVGA G6\P6 ?

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

10 hours ago, Quartz11 said:

Record a video of your test and send it to the lab.  Ask the lab to send you a video of what they are doing and results they are getting.

Not worth my time.  There's a 24 hour cycle due to time zone differences.  Some times you just have to move forward.

EDIT:  They found out the problem on their own.  Too low voltage on power good signal.

2 hours ago, Juular said:

@jonnyGURUAny news from Seasonic on the Prime x Ampere issues ? Or they're planning to fix it with the platform behind EVGA G6\P6 ?

I'm not talking to them anymore. 

4 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

I'm not talking to them anymore. 

AX Titanium is EOL for good ? Okay.

I assume you don't have data on the B version. As far as I'm aware, the problems were fixed after the Aris test and the suggestion to the Cooler Master.

38 minutes ago, Juular said:

AX Titanium is EOL for good ? Okay.

Yup.  Good riddance.

On 7/20/2021 at 11:42 AM, jonnyGURU said:

Not sure why you think the scalpers are just buying their PSUs from Corsair's webstore.  The webstore inventory is actually very limited.  They're getting them from the distributors like D&H, Avnet, etc.  All you need is a tax ID and you can buy as many PSUs from them as you want.

Thanks for answering Jonny,

I might request then, on behalf of those who'd rather buy from Corsair than be ripped off by a scalper, that more PSU supply be retained by Corsair for direct sale through their website.

Joseph

1 hour ago, Enigma1 said:

I assume you don't have data on the B version.

I don't think i've ever seen the 'B' version. Is it literally CM MWE V2 White/Bronze rev. B or smth ? I think Luke has communicated with CM about the new revision that supposedly fixed the issues but i don't know if they ever marked it differently or the only difference is the serial number/manufacturing date.

On 7/20/2021 at 11:42 AM, jonnyGURU said:

Not sure why you think the scalpers are just buying their PSUs from Corsair's webstore.  The webstore inventory is actually very limited.  They're getting them from the distributors like D&H, Avnet, etc.  All you need is a tax ID and you can buy as many PSUs from them as you want.

An additional note Jonny, I'm pretty sure that you cannot use a tax ID to buy PSUs from distributors as you suggest for personal use, but for resale only.  In any case I'm not looking to become a scalper, and I hope you and Corsair are not encouraging more scalpers to buy up all the supply and rip the public off.

As it stands, I think all Corsair scalpers should be boycotted by the public to discourage such behavior.  Don't buy a Corsair PSU from a scalper, there are plenty of EVGA PSUs at Microcenter and other suppliers the public has access to at normal retail pricing.

It may seem harsh, but if Corsair is encouraging the scalping, then maybe they should be boycotted themselves.  If Corsair can take action to protect its end customers they have a moral obligation to do so or there could be a backlash.

Joseph

2 minutes ago, JosephN said:

An additional note Jonny, I'm pretty sure that you cannot use a tax ID to buy PSUs from distributors as you suggest for personal use, but for resale only.  In any case I'm not looking to become a scalper, and I hope you and Corsair are not encouraging more scalpers to buy up all the supply and rip the public off.

As it stands, I think all Corsair scalpers should be boycotted by the public to discourage such behavior.  Don't buy a Corsair PSU from a scalper, there are plenty of EVGA PSUs at Microcenter and other suppliers the public has access to at normal retail pricing.

It may seem harsh, but if Corsair is encouraging the scalping, then maybe they should be boycotted themselves.  If Corsair can take action to protect its end customers they have a moral obligation to do so or there could be a backlash.

Joseph

You make it sound like they have control of this. They really don't. 

PSUs are a commodity at this point. They really don't have a moral obligation to do this. Just buy another brand if you don't like it. 

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 hour ago, Juular said:

Мислим да никада нисам видео 'Б' верзију. Да ли је дословно ЦМ МВЕ В2 бела/бронзана рев. Б или смтх? Мислим да је Луке разговарао са ЦМ -ом о новој ревизији која је наводно решила проблеме, али не знам да ли су то икада другачије означили или је једина разлика серијски број/датум производње.

https://ipon.hu/shop/termek/coolermaster-mwe-bronze-v2-b-550w/1883624

I'm not sure if I can post a link to the store, I apologize in advance.
They have been there for several months. Earlier, only v2 and 100-240 and 200-240 were marked

2 hours ago, JosephN said:

An additional note Jonny, I'm pretty sure that you cannot use a tax ID to buy PSUs from distributors as you suggest for personal use, but for resale only. 

I'm not saying YOU should buy from a distributor.  I'm saying the scalpers are. 

It may seem harsh, but if Corsair is encouraging the scalping, then maybe they should be boycotted themselves. 

What the fuck, dude?  How and why would Corsair encourage scalping?  Corsair isn't "selling to scalpers".  There is a set clientele that Corsair sells to.  If a scalper taps into one of those resources (ASI, Ingram Micro, Synnex, etc.), Corsair has no control over that.  Jesus.

Scalpers don't help Corsair.  They hurt.  We have obligations to actual resellers and if we don't have inventory because some dick head bought 1000 pieces from a disty that were supposed to go to WalMart because someone at the disty thought it would be quickly replenished without realizing that the next container isn't leaving the port for it's 6 to 8 week sea journey for another two weeks because it's impossible to book a ship these days, then they're going to buy a different brand... that's not Corsair's fault.  But I guess you have absolutely no idea how channel distribution works.

And there are plenty of Corsair PSUs at Best Buy, Microcenter, etc. too.  At non-scalper prices.  I wouldn't rule out Amazon and Newegg either, but do make sure that the "seller" says Amazon or Newegg and not "AAAbe Amazing Deals".

Hello!
I bought the FSP 850w Hydro PTM pro 80+ Platinum and was confused that it was on the lower priority units on Tier A. I confused it for the PTM on the non lower priority.

Got it for around $170 USD on my country.

Am I good or screwed?

7 hours ago, Enigma1 said:

https://ipon.hu/shop/termek/coolermaster-mwe-bronze-v2-b-550w/1883624

I'm not sure if I can post a link to the store, I apologize in advance.
They have been there for several months. Earlier, only v2 and 100-240 and 200-240 were marked

In that case i'd ping @LukeSavenijejust in case, because i have no idea what is that.

3 hours ago, theufan06 said:

I bought the FSP 850w Hydro PTM pro 80+ Platinum and was confused that it was on the lower priority units on Tier A. I confused it for the PTM on the non lower priority.

PTM does have reviews with protections, PTM PRO doesn't, they're different, protections evalutation is the requirement for tier A normal priority subtier.

Yes, it says the link that leads to the official site.
Although 200-240 for 40 euros at the moment (45 regular price) in our country in the eastern part of Europe is the best purchase in that budget at the moment. Although it is 230v, I don't think you need to worry much about Europe, or am I wrong? it is already priced in higher quality power supplies, such as the bitfenix formula 650w for 70 euros.
I was just interested in whether it was a new revision with solved problems.

1 hour ago, electropical said:

I don't know much either, but it seems to be the MPE-5501-ACABW-B : MWE 550 Bronze - V2 230V

That's just a code for CM MWE V2 Bronze 230V only, for full-range version it's ACAAB, for MWE V2 White 230V only it's ACABW, without '-B' and for full-range MWE V2 White it's ACAAW.

Thermaltake Toughpower TF1 1550W Review

Worse and noisy Dark Power Pro 12 😞

More interesting : "Hopefully, CWT will soon release a platform featuring Bridgeless totem-pole PFC and GaN MODFETS, for minimized losses in the APFC converter."

On 7/29/2021 at 2:15 PM, Juular said:

PTM does have reviews with protections, PTM PRO doesn't, they're different, protections evalutation is the requirement for tier A normal priority subtier.

But Generally, because it is in Tier A, it is still good right?

20 minutes ago, theufan06 said:

But Generally, because it is in Tier A, it is still good right?

It's probably still a good unit but it's not going to be tier A for long, we're moving all units without reviews from tier A to tier B in the next revision.

1 minute ago, theufan06 said:

I did found a review and it was my basis for buying it.

Well, i meant, detailed reviews, with transient response tests at least. And because there are very few reviewers doing that, basically if the unit (or other units on it's reference platform if there were no changes) doesn't have a review from Aris then it wouldn't be in tier A.