New Pixel 4 leaks

williamcll

1665640.jpgGoogle-Pixel-4-XL-White.jpg

5 days ago a blogger on sina posted some(now deleted) photos of the upcoming air gesture google pixel 4, featuring the previously mentioned notchless design, triple camera that looks like the iphone leaks and a rumoured max RAM of 8 (leak photo has 6).

The Pixel 4, likely arriving next month, is rumored to sport a dual camera setup at the back comprising of 12MP main and 16MP telephoto units. And if the latest report is to be believed, we will see it come with a new camera feature called "Motion Mode".

The "Motion Mode" will let you take sports and action shots with "moving subjects in the foreground and blurry background". Additionally, the Pixel 4 will also come with an improved Night Sight with speed-related improvements. The report further states that Google will brag about the Pixel 4's ability to take pictures of the starry sky. But wait, that's not all.

An image shared by a user on Chinese social network Weibo reveals that the Pixel 4 will feature 8x zoom which could be a combination of optical zoom and Google's Super Res Zoom feature. These images confirm the Pixel 4 will come with 8x zoom and 6GB RAMThese images confirm the Pixel 4 will come with 8x zoom and 6GB RAM Another image confirms that the Pixel 4 will come with 6GB RAM. Current Pixels max out at 4GB RAM, and it's good to see Google finally making a jump to 6GB RAM. It now remains to be seen whether Google will also have a model with 8GB RAM.

gsmarena_002.jpg

Another user has posted a video of the phone as well:

Two new videos of what appears to be the upcoming Pixel 4 XL just surfaced online showing out the brand new display that Google has been working on. The first 11-second clip comes from a Malaysian retailer and shows us that the rumored top bezel is indeed as large as previous leaks showed us. We also get a glimpse of the back with the new square cutout for the dual cameras as well as the sides and bottom. The Pixel 4 and 4XL will feature a brand new face unlock system and Soli motion gestures. In addition, the display on both is rumored to come with a 90Hz refresh rate. In terms of design, the sides of the phone appear to feature a matte finish while the back is completely glossy and has the signature Google logo. The second video shows us the white version of the device. This one also reveals more of the UI elements including the new Android 10 navigation bar and a glimpse of the camera interface at the very end.

image.pngimage.png

Source:For photos
http://phone.cnmo.com/news/669285.html

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-pixel-4-xl-8x-zoom-6gb-ram-white-color/

https://www.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_4_8x_zoom_motion_mode-news-39082.php

Source:For other benchmarks
https://www.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_4_and_pixel_4_xl_spotted_in_geekbench_result_with_just_4gb_of_ram-news-39070.php

http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14565414

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12763041

Thoughts: Is this the end of the notch? Hopefully. I think Linus will give this phone the thumbs up as long as it doesn't glitch out on release (which I bet it certainly will). Gonna be interested in how the camera operates now that many other phone manufacturers have upped their phone camera game. The game performance for this phone is lackluster though.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

They'd better have a damn good reason for having such a huge forehead on that phone.

I'm interested in the Pixel. I've heard it has a 90hz screen on this new one.

However, I've also heard that it'll have a small battery. Which I'm not a fan of, especially with a 90hz screen...

Plus there's that wonderful Pixel build quality. Do they even QA?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

wow sentiment changed from "LOL NOTCH" to "LOL FOREHEAD" in 2 years ._.

Yep I don't get why people are whining about a top bezel, would you rather have a notch?

Although I don't like the camera layout, one huge lens with a camera bump.

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Yep I don't get why people are whining about a top bezel, would you rather have a notch?

Yes

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

39 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I dont have a Problem with bezeles at the top and the bottom as long as they are symmetrical the pixel 3 xl already looked retarded but atleast u would have symmetrical black bars at the top and bottom while watching youtube etc so ye the pixel 4 xl is by far the worst looking phone that i saw for a while and the worst part about it is the release time the prozessor will be outdated in under half a year idk strange phone (but that outdated prozessor problems is not only google) 

given my phone looks like this

Image result for xperia xa2

and i love the look of it, i have no issues with bezels. It gives the phone more character than just being a screen

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Before anyone gets excited about the astrophotography part 

No, it doesn't mean you'll be an astrophotographer

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

They just can't figure it out can they?  What is it with Google and huge notches and/or bezels in a world where almost everyone else, even companies delivering better specs for less money, have figured out a solution?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

43 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

They just can't figure it out can they?  What is it with Google and huge notches and/or bezels in a world where almost everyone else, even companies delivering better specs for less money, have figured out a solution?

I mean, there is a regular Pixel 3 that is perfect.

The back of this one, however, is a blatant attempt to copy the upcoming iPhone, and both look freaking terrible.

I'd take the top bar over a notch any day. Now, I'd expect to mumble about the price once known and wait for a more affordable 4a later on.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

I've had my One Plus 7 Pro for 2 months now and the pop up cam is the best thing ever. I use it so rarely that the 'popped up' look doesn't bother me at all, but the increased display is phenomenal. 

Seeing phones with 1inch foreheads now feels like I'm in 2012.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

No notch at least.. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, FloRolf said:

I've had my One Plus 7 Pro for 2 months now and the pop up cam is the best thing ever. I use it so rarely that the 'popped up' look doesn't bother me at all, but the increased display is phenomenal. 

Seeing phones with 1inch foreheads now feels like I'm in 2012.

Yeah i think a pop up or fold out camera is the best to have a full display without a hole in the screen, though I'll take the forehead over a notch.

Good news is i'll be upgrading from my OG Pixel XL after 4 years so those bezels look pretty skinny to me. 

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

6 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

There's a reason for the top bezel, at least -- their Project Soli (radar) sensor for hand gestures as well as the infrared tech for face recognition.  If Google didn't include those, people would complain that it's just another Pixel with an extra camera on the back.

smaller battery.. wow. nice. add features that only a fraction of user will use but cut back on things everyone will use. good thinking process google.

I am good with big forehead or tear drop notches. as long as the device does not have a bigass notch like pixel 3xl or iphone i am happy.

also, why apple and google does not add ultrawide? it's way more useful than telephoto. is ultrawide more expensive to make or sth?

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

They'd better have a damn good reason for having such a huge forehead on that phone.

I'm interested in the Pixel. I've heard it has a 90hz screen on this new one.

However, I've also heard that it'll have a small battery. Which I'm not a fan of, especially with a 90hz screen...

Plus there's that wonderful Pixel build quality. Do they even QA?

to fit the sensors

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

to fit the sensors

I can't think of any sensors that need to be that large.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I can't think of any sensors that need to be that large.

it has 3 cameras (1 is IR), and light sensor, I forget the new sensor they are rumored to be using for face unlock.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I just want my dual front firing speakers. Is that so much to ask?

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Just now, rcmaehl said:

I just want my dual front firing speakers. Is that so much to ask?

Google says! Yes.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

31 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

it has 3 cameras (1 is IR), and light sensor, I forget the new sensor they are rumored to be using for face unlock.

Still seems overly large. Not a huge fan.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Also lets be honest. Samsung delivered a super credible forehead notch alternative with the S9 lineup. That one was actually smaller than Apples and Googles notch in height, this one is just massive though. 

Very different things, and IMO inexcusable.

Though hey, if its a samsung 90hz display, I'm at least curious.

I mean look at how much stuff is packed into that super thin awesome top bezel.  8.2mm tall btw. Selfie cam, IR, separate proximity sensor, iris scanner, etc. 

galaxy-s9-spec_design_illustrator_plus_s.gif.8f6914bf94f94d9343f9e9e318c7cb4d.gif

Google has no excuse.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

1 hour ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

galaxy-s9-spec_design_illustrator_plus_s.gif.8f6914bf94f94d9343f9e9e318c7cb4d.gif

Google has no excuse.

They really don't

(TFW forum is giving upload errors, and I can't upload my gif that shows a second front firing speaker easily fits in the bottom bezel)

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor