New Pixel 4 leaks

williamcll
16 hours ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

I have a weird feeling that the screen protector was designed for double notch phone.

Theyre making the bugs look nicer

✨FNIGE✨

15 hours ago, That Franc said:

I mean, there is a regular Pixel 3 that is perfect.

The back of this one, however, is a blatant attempt to copy the upcoming iPhone, and both look freaking terrible.

idk if it's perfect, seems pretty overpriced to me, but I definitely agree with that last part xD

9 hours ago, Commodus said:

There's a reason for the top bezel, at least -- their Project Soli (radar) sensor for hand gestures as well as the infrared tech for face recognition.  If Google didn't include those, people would complain that it's just another Pixel with an extra camera on the back.

I've seen a few phones try the hand gesture thing, most recently the LG whatever it was and it's a total gimmick, and even that is being generous.  Between how unnecessary it is and how incredibly poorly it works, I don't think that's worth having, especially if they have to do this to the screen to make it happen.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I've seen a few phones try the hand gesture thing, most recently the LG whatever it was and it's a total gimmick, and even that is being generous.  Between how unnecessary it is and how incredibly poorly it works, I don't think that's worth having, especially if they have to do this to the screen to make it happen.

Oh, I won't be surprised if it ends up being gimmicky, but it should at least be more effective than LG's solution.  If it's fast it might actually get some use.

People make fun of Apple's notch and camera hump, but has anyone looked at this thing? Sure, it has no notch. Just absolutely, monumentally massive black forehead. And a god awful ugly black hump that looks way uglier than iPhone 11's. And that one isn't the most beautiful thing either.

Besides, I used to hate notch too, until I got iPhone XR myself. And it's really not bad or annoying at all. Frankly, I hardly notice it. Volume slider is now tucked in the left notch gap, the rest of the stuff is in the right one, apps are so aware of it at this point it doesn't bug out on anything. Since notch enables the FaceID, I don't mind it, because it's really cool. And I was coming from hyper fast Xiaomi Mi5's fingerprint scanner that scanned and unlocked the phone in one action in a fraction of a second even back then. Sure, I'll be glad when screen becomes all screen even for iPhone, but they have to do it without this horrid ugly forehead. And I think that's what they are waiting to do. And if Apple is smart, they're gonna skip the popup cameras which are just hacks and go full on with under display selfie camera. Chinese makers have hinted at it and have prototypes, if Apple really wants to drop the bomb for 2020, they need to make a notchless, full display with under display selfie camera with FaceID and TouchID. If they will pull this, 2020's iPhones will be killer. And I think they are waiting to perfect that instead of going the route of what Androids were doing, using various "popup" hacks to remove the notch. Which are ingenious, but ultimately stupid.

Anyway, I thought Pixel 3 was ugly as hell and Pixel 4 isn't any better. They just look so generic, uninspiring and not really well connected shape wise. Google really doesn't know how to make nice hardware designs. Many Chinese makers like Huawei, Xiaomi or Oppo/OnePlus make WAY prettier designs with shapes and colors.

I wonder if apple and google are competing for worst looking flagship this year? I think this might be worse than the fcuk YUGE notch on the pixel 3. The camera at least looks better than apple's.

Also, I have an S9 with the full forehead rather than a notch and it's like half as large and is quite good looking with content playing full screen. This reminds me of an older iPhone (Older than iPhone X)

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

6 hours ago, RejZoR said:

People make fun of Apple's notch and camera hump, but has anyone looked at this thing? Sure, it has no notch. Just absolutely, monumentally massive black forehead. And a god awful ugly black hump that looks way uglier than iPhone 11's. And that one isn't the most beautiful thing either.

A forehead bezel I wouldn't notice,especially while watching any full screen content, but a dumb notch will always get in the way of the screen.

How does the Pixel camera lens look worse? It's just a simple slight bump on the back, as opposed to the iPhone 11 having camera lens bumps on the bump, yeah really inspiring design when you set your phone on a table and watch it wobble around out of balance because of huge camera bumps.

3 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

A forehead bezel I wouldn't notice,especially while watching any full screen content, but a dumb notch will always get in the way of the screen.

How does the Pixel camera lens look worse? It's just a simple slight bump on the back, as opposed to the iPhone 11 having camera lens bumps on the bump, yeah really inspiring design when you set your phone on a table and watch it wobble around out of balance because of huge camera bumps.

Pixel will do that too since it's a bulge from the back that's not centered. Only Huawei P20 doesn't have that issue since camera hump is centered. Even my XR has a slight wobble on a desk.

To be honest, it looks like a double notch in that picture.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

Speaking of massive chins and foreheads, the iPhone 7 design is really growing on me. It’s slim. The metal case feels nice and sturdy. The forehead and chin are comically huge. Like why? 

On 9/10/2019 at 7:19 AM, Blademaster91 said:

I don't get why people are whining about a top bezel, would you rather have a notch?

Personally, I don't really care either way. I'd be fine with a top-bezel and I'd be fine with a notch.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Speaking of massive chins and foreheads, the iPhone 7 design is really growing on me. It’s slim. The metal case feels nice and sturdy. The forehead and chin are comically huge. Like why? 

The bottom "had" to be big to fit the button (if it is assumed the button is essential to begin with, which if course it isn't), and I suspect they made the top the same just for symmetry.  But, I could be wrong, it's possible that there was a lot of stuff crammed in there.  Apple seems to have trouble shrinking a lot of their front facing components.  Just look at the iphone x or xs or x pro max or whatever the new one is called.  Aside from the fact the notch is so wide it's more notch than screen, it's pretty tall too.  No where near as bad as the pixel 3 xl mind you xD but still, if you look at the size of the lens and the ear piece and how some other phones have managed to cram those components into a very slim bezel, it makes the iphone look thicc.

Here's a quick, crude mockup (on the right) of what I think it should and could have been, especially for gen 2 and 3, assuming of course they didn't find a way to eliminate it completely.  Original on left for comparison.

proxy.duckduckgo_com.thumb.png.2d04a8886d24d56293f451c5f878c445.png

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 9/14/2019 at 3:43 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Here's a quick, crude mockup (on the right) of what I think it should and could have been

Thank god that crude mockup isn't what happened. Thin bezels are beyond idiotic.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.