What does gas/petrol cost where you're located?

STRMfrmXMN
2 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

The price we pay to make sure LA isn't the smoggy hellhole it once was.

I will say that, when I went down there last year, my asthma didn't seem to kick in like it had the previous times I'd been there. Also I'm fairly certain the drinking water was better but that might have been because I normally stay in Manhattan Beach and stayed in Woodland Hills last year.

Just now, bimmerman said:

2x E36 M3, 1x Chevy SS

If you have a safeway club card you get 20 cents off a gallon at most chevrons (once per day up to some number of gallons).

Ooh nice! I love the SS, would love to drive one at my dealership some day (I work at a Chevy dealership). We sold quite a few of those back when they had them. Do you use one of the E36s as a parts car or do you drive both?

Sadly, even with a Safeway card (which I wouldn't use since they don't exist in abundance here in Portland) I'd still pay more for Chevron gas than 76 here. If I had a Costco membership though...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Too damn much.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I will say that, when I went down there last year, my asthma didn't seem to kick in like it had the previous times I'd been there. Also I'm fairly certain the drinking water was better but that might have been because I normally stay in Manhattan Beach and stayed in Woodland Hills last year.

Just avoid the (Central) Valley.

There's absolutely no reason for anyone to go there. :P

Edited by Mira Yurizaki

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Ooh nice! I love the SS, would love to drive one at my dealership some day (I work at a Chevy dealership). We sold quite a few of those back when they had them. Do you use one of the E36s as a parts car or do you drive both?

Thanks! The local dealer here realized the only people buying them in the bay area were enthusiasts who wanted manuals, so after the first couple years, they only ordered manuals to stock on the lot. Blew my mind, but makes sense. Awesome car aside from its inability to pass a gas station.

one m3 is an s54 (e46 m3 engine) swapped racecar, the other is the pre-SS daily I haven't sold yet.

Well, for me;

"AKI" (R+M/2) octane measurement

10% ethanol

87 $2.19

89 $2.29

91 $2.39

0% ethanol

87 $2.39

89 $2.49

91 $2.59

100LL $3.49

4 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

There's absolutely no reason for anyone to go there.

I'd say that's true of the whole of the state that is perpetually on fire.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

While the MSRP for our regular 95 octane is €1.77/liter (in the Netherlands), most pumps in my region are way under that. The prices have been going down lately, but are currently around €1.60-ish/L.

I remember last summer I filled up my car with 98 octane, which my old car actually needs/prefers (no ethanol) for €1.34/L in Belgium ? 

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

central valley california is 3.89 for reg....then again our lovely politicians just added a 47 cent per gal gas tax that took effect this month. apparently the 2.25% per gal tax already on it wasnt enough

About $2.80/gallon in freedom land

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

About $3.18/gal after conversion.  but it goes up and down a lot here.  The ACCC investigated and said they weren't price fixing but I don't know  any other product that has upto 30% swings in is price on a regular fortnightly basis.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

11 hours ago, Minibois said:

Germany: €1,46

Indeed and ~70% of that is caused by various taxes.

The tax rate will increase over the next 10 years because of left wing protests that demand a CO2 tax. This new tax will increase the price of petrol by +10 cent in 2020, +30 cent in 2025 and +50 cent in 2030. This is outrageous!!! Corrupt politicians knew they could not increase immediately so they spread it out over the years. This convinces me even more to leave this ***** country. I am not going to pay this!

020 pro Liter 1,60 Euro (plus 10 Cent), ab 2025 dann schon 1,80 Euro (plus 30 Cent) und ab 2030 zwei Euro (plus 50 Cent)
2020 pro Liter 1,60 Euro (plus 10 Cent), ab 2025 dann schon 1,80 Euro (plus 30 Cent) und ab 2030 zwei Euro (plus 50 Cent)
2020 pro Liter 1,60 Euro (plus 10 Cent), ab 2025 dann schon 1,80 Euro (plus 30 Cent) und ab 2030 zwei Euro (plus 50 Cent)

6 minutes ago, mr moose said:

About $3.18/gal after conversion.  but it goes up and down a lot here.  The ACCC investigated and said they weren't price fixing but I don't know  any other product that has upto 30% swings in is price on a regular fortnightly basis.

Or goes up to $1.80/L over Easter/Christmas and then magically back down to $1.35 a week later.

Premium98 is currently around AUD $1.70/L (USD $1.19/L)

Regular91 is currently around AUD $1.50/L (USD $1.05/L)

It is currently school holidays here at the moment though so the prices are a bit high. So in a week or two time it will probably drop by 10c/L or more.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Or goes up to $1.80/L over Easter/Christmas and then magically back down to $1.35 a week later.

Premium98 is currently around AUD $1.70/L (USD $1.19/L)

Regular91 is currently around AUD $1.50/L (USD $1.05/L)

It is currently school holidays here at the moment though so the prices are a bit high. So in a week or two time it will probably drop by 10c/L or more.

I usually get eh e10 from united.  My prado runs fine on it and I haven't noticed any better fuel economy when I try the other stuff. it's always 4 cents cheaper than regular.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

I usually get eh e10 from united.  My prado runs fine on it and I haven't noticed any better fuel economy when I try the other stuff. it's always 4 cents cheaper than regular.  

What do you pay AUD per Litre?

Looking at those fuel price tracker maps now in my area E10 is around $1.50/L. Though panning over the Sydney and it varies from $1.25/L to $1.65/L. No wonder people use those fuel apps to find the best price.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

What do you pay AUD per Litre?

Looking at those fuel price tracker maps now in my area E10 is around $1.50/L. Though panning over the Sydney and it varies from $1.25/L to $1.65/L. No wonder people use those fuel apps to find the best price.

it's a 1.35 now in the southern burbs of Melbourne.  Usually it gets to 1.50 and bottoms out around 1.23

im having a really hard time reading this.

first off as an apparently non-freedom-loving european i now gotta convert all that shit to normal people units.

alright so a gallon apparently are 3.79 liters. great now i think your highest price mentionend was 3.60$ so divided by 3.79. means youre paying 0.95$ per liter ok now converting that too euro would be 0.84.......wait .....seriously? god damn and thats the highest price ? fuck me.

around here right now regular gas is 1.52€ per liter and premium is 1.71€. so if im doing all that math backwards now that would be 1.71$ and 1.93$ per litre. and then times 3.79 means a gallon regular is 6.47$ and premium is 7.31$.

sooo yeah im feeling depression kicking in right now.

but also can we talk about what rgualr and premium means because i feel like there might be a difference. regular here is 95 octane and premium is 102 octane.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

£1.29 a liter. No idea what that is in Americano.

PS, our premium is also only 97/98 octane IIRC.

Supermarket fuel (bottom of the barrel): £1.23/lt (or $5.84/US gal) 

Premium supermarket fue (99 octane)l: £1.32/lt~ 

Branded fuel (i.e. Shell, BP ect.): £1.30/lt

Premium branded fuel (99 octane): about £1.42/lt 

Yeah, it's pretty expensive. 

11 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

How much do y'all typically drive over there? You'd be spending my income every year on fuel driving how much Americans drive xD

Me? About 10000 miles a year...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

24 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

but also can we talk about what rgualr and premium means because i feel like there might be a difference. regular here is 95 octane and premium is 102 octane.

This has been tripping me up for the longest time too, but earlier in this thread @Votivee gave some clarification:

12 hours ago, Votivee said:

EDIT: Regular is 87 Octane, Midgrade is 89 Octane, and Premium is 91 Octane.

Also, Americans complaining about high gas prices seems pretty strange to Europeans indeed :P 

1 minute ago, Wauthar said:

This has been tripping me up for the longest time too, but earlier in this thread @Votivee gave some clarification:

Also, Americans complaining about high gas prices seems pretty strange to Europeans indeed :P 

ohh ok so they are getting shitty gas. alright then i guess thats somewhat fine? idk but literally double the price still seems pretty high.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Just now, cluelessgenius said:

ohh ok so they are getting shitty gas. alright then i guess thats somewhat fine? idk but literally double the price still seems pretty high.

Yeah, tell me about it. The absolute highest litre price I've ever seen was on the border of Switserland and Italy. Couple of years ago we were driving out of a long tunnel under a mountain and right at the exit was a gas station that had their Euro95 price at €2/L, never seen that anywhere since.

10 minutes ago, Wauthar said:

Yeah, tell me about it. The absolute highest litre price I've ever seen was on the border of Switserland and Italy. Couple of years ago we were driving out of a long tunnel under a mountain and right at the exit was a gas station that had their Euro95 price at €2/L, never seen that anywhere since.

dang. yeah no i never seen it that high but i can remember times when it used to be below 1€ or was it deutschmark back then im not sure anymore i was a kid afterall :D. and now they are even talking about making it even more expensive as part of the whole eco friendly initiave. i believe the plan is to make it like 10 cents more expensive across the board and then pay every citizen backk 80 bucks a year. so that if you dont drive a car thats 80 bucks in your pocket but if you drive a lot youre paying more now. 10 cents and 80 euro would basically mean the government gives you a spending limit of 800 litres a year and anything above that youre paying 10 cents per litre on top . thats what that boils down to.

at least i think thats whats being dicussed right now. 

so with a regular about 50 litre-ish tank that means if you fill it up once a month from 0 - full  then youre coming out on top but anything more than that is gonna cost

1 l of regular 95 can cost as little as 5 PLN(with all taxes included), coincidentally, Google says 1 gallon is 3.78 litre and 1 USD is 3.78 PLN, so the best case scenario is 5 USD/gallon, if you don't look for the cheapest, more like 5,15 and premium is just hard to tell, you could buy Tesco's 98 or Shell V-Power Premium Racing RGB 100+ Octane or whatever and the prices would be completely different.

I live in Indonesia and here there are some fuel companies like Shell and AVR but a majority uses Pertamina. My car uses 95 octane Pertamax that costs about Rp 9850,- per litre (1 gallon = 3.785 litre and US $1 = Rp 14000,-) or about $ 2.66 per gallon. I'll make a list of how much it costs here:

Premium 88             - Rp 7000,- per litre    or $ 1.89 per gallon

Pertalite 90              - Rp 7650,- per litre    or $ 2.06 per gallon

Pertamax 92            - Rp 9850,- per litre    or $ 2.66 per gallon

Pertamax Turbo 98 - Rp 11200,- per litre  or $ 3.02 per gallon

Those are the petrol ones, here's the diesel ones:

Bio Solar                 - Rp 9800,- per litre    or $ 2.65 per gallon

Dexlite                     - Rp 10200,- per litre  or $ 2.75 per gallon

Pertamina Dex        - Rp 11700,- per litre  or $ 3.16 per gallon

There is one more petrol fuel sold in a few places, it's called Pertamax Racing with 100 octane that costs about Rp 42000,- to Rp 44500,- per litre or about $ 11.35 to $ 12.03 per gallon. It's probably only sold in Jakarta (where actual luxury and sports cars are).

Edited by CYapTiti
Just making sure this reply is tidy

It's about 1.35$ per litre here for the regular. Dunno about the others.

That's like 5.11$ per US gallon if I'm not mistaken.

Prices in CAD, so in USD, that's about 1.03 per litre and 3.92 per US gallon.

Though prices keep going up and down lately. Seen it go to 1.50$ not long ago.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro