List of Smartphones and Tablets to get the Android Oreo Update

Rekted
6 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Carp, no S7 Active?

GIF-disappointed-displeased-unhappy-GIF.

I feel you my man had the same with my S3 neo 

Tag me if you need me :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desktop:                                       Laptop:        
CPU - i7-4790k                            CPU: I7 7700HQ
GPU - Inno3D 1080TI                  GPU: 1060
Mobo - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI          Memory: 16 GB
Memory - 32 GB DDR3                Storage: 1256GB
Storage - 11 TB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: ONEPLUS 6 128GB

56 minutes ago, Agost said:

Sooooo

No Honor 9 for me. Looks like Huawei doesn't like more than 1 update per phone. They're not even updating the P9...

I'll probably go for the LG G6.

not much better on LG, received nougat only this morning, and EU ota roll-out started in july...

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

6 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

not much better on LG, received nougat only this morning, and EU ota roll-out started in july...

If your signature tells the truth, you have a V10, which had Lollipop at release. So it had 2 major updates. AFAIK LG is relatively quick with updates, compared to other manufacturers. Moreover, looks like the V10 is getting 8.0 too.

Meanwhile Huawei isn't updating last year's flagship. 

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

4 minutes ago, Agost said:

If your signature tells the truth, you have a V10, which had Lollipop at release. So it had 2 major updates. AFAIK LG is relatively quick with updates, compared to other manufacturers. Moreover, looks like the V10 is getting 8.0 too.

Meanwhile Huawei isn't updating last year's flagship. 

it came with lollipop, and received marshmallow 8-9 months after it's, marshmallow, release

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

1 hour ago, Rekted said:

Asus 

• Asus ZenFone 4 (ZE554KL)
  • Asus ZenFone Pro (ZS551KL)
  • Asus ZenFone 4 Max (ZC520KL)
  • Asus ZenFone 4 Max Pro (ZC554KL)
  • Asus ZenFone 4 Selfie (ZD553KL)
  • Asus ZenFone 4 Selfie Pro (ZD552KL)
  • Asus Zenpad Z8s (ZT582KL)
  • Asus Zenfone Go(ZB552KL)
  • Asus Zenfone Live(ZB501KL)
  • Asus Zenfone 3s Max
  • Asus Zenfone AR
  • Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom
  • Asus Zenfone 3 Max
  • Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe 5.5
  • Asus Zenfone 3 Laser
  • Asus Zenfone 3
  • Asus Zenfone 3 Ultra
  • Asus ZenPad Z8s
  • Asus ZenPad 3s 8.0
  • Asus ZenPad 3s 10
  • Asus ZenPad Z10

Yeah right ASUS *rolls eyes* didn't the Zenphone 3 just get Nougat a few weeks ago? And not even 7.1.2... Lol. They're horrible for updates.

No love for the OP2? :(

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

it came with lollipop, and received marshmallow 8-9 months after it's, marshmallow, release

Still better than no updates.

Same or worse story for Galaxy S4, but with lollipop instead of marshmallow

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

No love for the OP2? :(

first they need to release Nougat for it

9 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

first they need to release Nougat for it

true. there has been no love for the OP2 in forever lol. all they have really done is remove shit

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Rekted said:
  • Sony Xperia X Performance
  • Sony Xperia Z5 Premium(Controversial)
  • Sony Xperia Z5(Controversial)
  • Sony Xperia X( F5121, F5122)

Rip in pieces Z5 Compact... :/ 

To be fair, the XZ1 compact is rumored to be shipped with Android 7.1.1 instead of 8.0 so...wat are you doing Sony? Neglecting the compact line? 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Google nexus 6P 

Huawei Nexus 6P

LG Nexus 5X

Google does the software but the hardware is all LG's and Huawei's. It's not like the Pixel where all HTC is doing is manufacturing a product the Google Hardware Team designed.

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

I think it's named as Samsung Galaxy Nexus<Google Nexus S by Samsung <Google Nexus One by HTC

Yup. The Galaxy Nexus was my first phone... That was an amazing device. *Tries using it again* For it's time...

1 hour ago, DocSwag said:

Yeah and dats why I always get unlocked phones.

Hopefully project treble allows more than 2 years of software updates. Hopefully. Fingers crossed, though I'm not so sure yet.

2 hours ago, DocSwag said:

Ya only get 2 years of software updates. You can thank Qualcomm for that.

In theory it should. Any new Android versions that support Treble should run on top of Qualcomm's Vendor package for Treble, so other than security fixes a lot of their participation in new versions should be taken out of the picture.

And as far as Samsung/Sony/LG/Huawei/etc. are concerned it should also be easier now that OMS is stable and fully implemented in stock Android, the vendor format has been nailed down, Treble is finalized and released, and a vendor can basically make their own systemui without having to hack apart all of Android.

4 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Google does the software but the hardware is all LG's and Huawei's

i agree but Google has lot more involvement with the hardware design than previous nexuses. 

Yea boiiii, my phone is getting it.

The G5 which I recommended to two people so far is getting it too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

LG Bootloop

ap_resize.jpg.fd9f9469ec85400558fbd006d6faf059.jpg

Whoops, forgot phone names are confusing.

I meant the Moto G5 by Motorola by Lenovo formerly by IBM.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

8 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i agree but Google has lot more involvement with the hardware design than previous nexuses. 

You're not wrong but that still doesn't make it Google's device just because they collaborated on a product.

Just like the Sphero BB-8 Droid is still a Sphero product, even though Disney collaborated with them in the design of it.

Will the red hydrogen have or get Android 8.0?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Will the red hydrogen have or get Android 8.0?

only if you pay $2000 for the udpate

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

i hope i get it before the end of the year which i am being very soft about since there's still four full months remaining.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Yeah baby my Axon 7 is getting some love 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

5 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

only if you pay $2000 for the udpate

Does RED charge for big software updates for their products? like their cameras or drivers for the rocket, i'm asking to be clear.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

IMO almost all phones can get the udpates, but they just don't want to. So you're forced to get a new phone.

On the budget phones, with like 8GB of internal storage. The OS itself eats up like 3+GB or something, adding your app, pics, videos and stuffs, that 8GB can fill up really fast. Too bad these phones only top out at Android 5, Lollipop.

For Android 6 Marshmallow, you can actually combine the external SD card with internal storage, which is a plus for those budget phones, so users won't have to constantly move their apps over to the SD card.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list