A gaming chair that maybe we can afford? Thanks Corsair!

So, gaming and high quality chairs are VERY expensive. More than half a grand in most cases. After a quick search on the forum, I couldn't find another topic on this, so I figured I'd bring it to all your attention.

Anyway, recently (not sure of the exact date) Corsair released a gaming (racing style) chair for an MSRP of 349.99. (at least in the US)

Here's what Corsair has to say about it:

The CORSAIR T1 RACE delivers racing inspired design and comfort, combined with the highest quality materials for a professional gaming experience. 

It features a steel skeleton with a dense foam cushion providing strength, durability, and comfort for years to come. The 4D movement armrests with 3D texture add variable armrest positions and additional comfort. Nylon caster rollerblade wheels provide smooth movement on hard surfaces and protects your flooring from scratches.

Image result for corsair t1 race

It looks like a solid option for those of us looking for this style of chair at a pretty crazy price. The question is whether or not Corsair had to really cut some corners on the design and/or quality to make this chair available at this price point. Opinions, anyone? 

Source: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/t1-race-gaming-chair 

Gamer's Nexus added some information in an article on their website, if anyone wants to check that out. Cheers.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

Just now, Loot said:

you can get 2 fairly decent priced gaming chairs on massdrop right now both cheaper than this one

Hey, could I get a link? xD 

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

$350 is pretty common price for these crappy racer chairs, though. Nothing affordable about this one compared to the competition. These "gaming chair makers" need to start making proper ergonomic chairs instead of these racing chair copies that are done to death.

It is nice to see cheaper options, especially if the quality and comfort remains the same.

The problem I have, is that all I see is a car racing seat with a office chair system slap under it.

Like, do you really need the side shoulder opening? I guess gaming for some gets so intense that you need to buckle up (I mean this is what the manufactures of these chairs thinks to make these seatbelt holes).

Just make a normal ergonomic chair. There is a market for it, I just don't understand why no one is tapping into it.

Right now you have overpriced crappy chairs at Staples or whatever (at least in Canada), and you have 1000$ chairs because they assume that companies will buy them.

there are decent no name brand chairs out there id get over this, the one i have now is pretty great tbh and it cost less then this one

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 minutes ago, dexT said:

Just buy a sub $100 office chair. Even sub $50 are good.

I bought a nice $60 (i thought) brown pleather office chair mid back with armrests and its already falling apart (pleather is chipping off and i think one of the mounts broke the other day as i found a piece of round metal on the carpet) and ive only had it about 2 yrs

so i definitely wanna buy a quality chair soon that will last me 5+ yrs  most of these "gaming chairs" have a 5yr warranty

Just now, Loot said:

I bought a nice (i thought) brown pleather office chair mid back with armrests and its already falling apart (pleather is chipping off and i think one of the mounts broke the other day as i found a piece of round metal on the carpet) and ive only had it about 2 yrs

That sucks. Buy another and it'd still be cheaper than any "gaming" chair though.

10 minutes ago, dexT said:

That sucks. Buy another and it'd still be cheaper than any "gaming" chair though.

idk if i bought 3 of the type (roughtly $180) I have and they last an avg of 2 yrs or  $175-250 for a gaming chair that will last 5-10yrs i think you are still going to be better paying more upfront

Looks like a Noble Chairs rip off, with janky wheels. With the same price as a Noble Chairs with faux leather.

Whoop ti doo..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Loot said:

idk if i bought 3 of the type (roughtly $180) I have and they last an avg of 2 yrs or  $175-250 for a gaming chair that will last 5-10yrs i think you are still going to be better paying more upfront

I don't know bud. I've seen DX Racers fall a part in less time, I think barnaculse? 

I'm not an expert though, the closest thing to a chair at my system is a work stool I set hardware on.

4 minutes ago, dexT said:

I don't know bud. I've seen DX Racers fall a part in less time, I think barnaculse? 

I'm not an expert though, the closest thing to a chair at my system is a work stool I set hardware on.

well im only 235# that dude gottabe pushing +400#

So what's the aim of these gaming chairs? Why would someone choose this instead of a comfortable office chair?

Man i wish computer chairs wouldnt go with the hard side wings like. Im even a thin guy and i hate them because i dont often sit "proper" in my chair. Racing chairs should be left for cars.

Though im super surprised it doesnt have random RGB underglow to connect to the corsair software.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

1 minute ago, maybethisnamewillwork said:

So what's the aim of these gaming chairs? Why would someone choose this instead of a comfortable office chair?

I do think the appearance(aka the wings) is rather silly, but I bought an all-black Maxnomic chair about a year and a half ago on Black Friday. I like it - it's a high-back chair that actually allows me to rest my head as well as recline back pretty far. Many of the chairs I tried in Staples were advertised as high-backed yet didn't go past my neck, and none of them (in-store, at least) had the ability to recline. Build quality seems pretty good too, though I wish it came with padded armrests. Some people say the gaming chairs aren't super comfortable, but that's probably due to the dense foam padding. It's a trade-off... you won't feel like you're sitting on a cloud, but when foam padding has a lower density it tends to flatten over time. Same goes for memory foam mattresses/padding.

My chair is like 11 years old and bought it for around 200$, it's pretty worn but I know a guy who bought one like this (I believe it was an akracing) that was barely usable after a years or so. Office chairs really are the way to go.

CPU: Intel Core I7 7700K & Corsair H100i v2
Mobo: Asus Maximus IX Hero
RAM: 32 Gigs @ 3000Mhz, Corsair Dominator Platinum
GPU: Asus Strix 1080 A8G
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500gb
PSU: Corsair HX750i
Case: Fractal Design Define S

Okay.  That white and black one with a MUCH smaller logo (Less IS more people) and I'd be inclined to get one.  Quite happy its not a gawdy gamery looking POS, but that logo is a no go.  If I were to buy it, I'd like to at least like pretend that its my(the consumers) chair and not Corsair's.  My label maker can't cover up a billboard that big.