NVIDIA to launch next-gen Volta-based GeForce in Q3 2017

Festive
9 hours ago, Festive said:

They also claim there will be a 2070Ti along with a 2080Ti

w h a t s  t h e  d e a l  w i t h  N v i d i a ?

7 -> 9

9 -> 10

10 -> 20

dingdingdingding simple math u dingus

JerrySeinfeld-trans-300x229.png

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

9 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

"Market situation in Q1-2017 was bad, graphics and other hardware sales in decline, price war, meager profits, sales not increasing the way they want to"

Well, there certainly hasn't been a price-war on Nvidia's unrestrained Pascal prices, and unless I'm reading this wrong, it looks to me like Nvidia's GPU profits for fiscal year 2017 were the largest they've ever had, and also the largest growth they've ever had in a year (up 216% and 137% in net income)... so yeah, at least that part is BS.

Nothing in those bullet points make sense:

Market situation in Q1-2017 was bad, graphics and other hardware sales in decline, price war, meager profits, sales not increasing the way they want to (vicious circle)

Which "vicious circle"? They are not describing any circle at all. A "vicious circle" requires a circular chain of causal relationships. A causes B, B causes C, C causes A, where A,B,C are bad things. They are just listing random, sometimes redundant stuff: a decline in the size of the market, a price war (no causal link provided. Also, which price war?), low profits (OK, price war => lower profit. Except there are no lower profits), sales not increasing (that's just re-stating the first part, without any causal link to anything - I mean, low profits don't cause low sales...). Bottom line: it's just a collection of buzzwords.

By launching sooner than expected they will be able to increase prices of single cards and increase profits

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

It would be awesome to have a new lineup, but it seems too soon. Maybe back in the day when they actually did release every year, but they have slowed down the release cycle so much in the past few years that this seems like wishful thinking. I do expect them to launch stuff in 2018, but I expect them to mostly coast through this year. However we are about half way in the life cycle as they usually put the x80 Ti out near the end of the generation.

31 minutes ago, Inkz said:

It would be awesome to have a new lineup, but it seems too soon. Maybe back in the day when they actually did release every year, but they have slowed down the release cycle so much in the past few years that this seems like wishful thinking. I do expect them to launch stuff in 2018, but I expect them to mostly coast through this year. However we are about half way in the life cycle as they usually put the x80 Ti out near the end of the generation.

Vega 10 and 11?? :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Can't see much of this article as having any basis in reality...  Could you just imagine the flaming rage of people who just purchased a Titan Xp( (XPp or whatever it's called) when in ~6 months NVidia releases a Titan Xv for the same price they just paid for their new Titan card?  As for a GTX 1030, I guess it would compete with the new RX550, but even then, the numbering is off as NVidia doesn't even have a 1040 between this supposed 1030 and the already existing 1050.  Concerning the market decline, profits, etc BS, that just seems really far off as their stock value is triple what it was a year ago and 50% higher than what it was just 5 to 6 months ago...  They do not seem to be hurting financially, so rushing a product to launch is just really far off.

Seriously does it matter when Volta is released. Either 2017 or 2018. Either way what matters is when its released what preformance your getting. Volta is supposed to be the next huge big leap for there GPU lineup. With stacked memory etc etc. Lets hope at least that hype is correct. Personally i can see the usually 20 to 30% increase preformance over the 10 series just like all the other generations of there GPU products. 

Can't wait to over volt Volta

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Click bait that's not gonna happen? Probably.

But if it's true how stupid is Nvidia to think "know what will fix sales? introducing new cards AGAIN this year!". Maybe because I'm just more aware of things now but I feel there is a new GPU iteration every other month now. X, XP, TI, TIT, XP Plus...

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

4 hours ago, Prysin said:

Isn't there a X86 cpu maker who has been doing this for a while too? 

Not claiming there's a conspiracy but, there's a conspiracy. 

Well I don't deny that, but they had a response as well, but not as drastic because the surplus amd get from gpu isn't enough to compensate the overwhelming r&d budget difference between intel and amd on the cpu side, hence them not being as afraid as nvidia could be. 

12 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

What comes after 7? 9

What comes after 9? 10

What comes after 10? 20

wmzmmq.jpg.d081ce9425dee33000780fc7a19d2b37.jpg

Not just then: X99 > X299

-------

Current Rig

-------

55 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Not just then: X99 > X299

Windows 8 -> 8.1 -> 10

23 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Windows 8 -> 8.1 -> 10

Windows 8 = NT core 6.2 (6+2 = 8)

8.1 (8+1 =9) = NT core 6.3 (6+3 = 9)

10 = NT core 6.4 (6+4 = 10)

Checkmate atheists.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

GTX 1030? Lol! Its probably barely going to be better than the GT 730 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

6 hours ago, Prysin said:

@MageTank

Your bait is expired. 

I don't use bait. I prefer to stick my hand in and grab hold of the things I want. Of course, you already knew that, having spoken to me on several occasions, lol. Still, if you are going to replace he who shall not be named, I expect more effort from you. Big shoes to fill. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

5 minutes ago, MageTank said:

I don't use bait. I prefer to stick my hand in and grab hold of the things I want. Of course, you already knew that, having spoken to me on several occasions, lol. Still, if you are going to replace he who shall not be named, I expect more effort from you. Big shoes to fill. 

why do i need to replace someone who never left?

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

why do i need to replace someone who never left?

You tell me, I'm not the one trying to do it, lol. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

17 hours ago, Festive said:

<snip>

Low end gpu's are for the most part a waste - now I know there is a market for them but seriously a waste. There is no need to go lower than the **60.

As for the 2080 naming that is stupid. 1180 is more appropriate but I can see from a marketing pov I can see why this was decided. It "looks" cooler.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

10 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

1TaOyOJ.jpg

You missed some, starting with Windows 386 (for a bit of hilarity, go to Youtube and search for that phrase, then prepare to watch the the most atrocious marketing video ever), then you missed ME between 98 and NT (or between NT and 2000, take your pick).

It's plausible that it would release in q3 2017. Time between releases is usually around 16 months or so give or take a couple. That's all speculation of course.

2 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Low end gpu's are for the most part a waste - now I know there is a market for them but seriously a waste. There is no need to go lower than the **60.

What do you mean there is no need? Low budgets can quickly turn any low end product into a need. You could argue that "there is no need to go higher than...", but lower? And it doesn't need to be about money, as soon as you are not gaming the question boils down to whether you have an iGPU or not.

And even for gaming, the xx60 or RX 480 are too high performance to be a lower bound... and their price reflects that. i would indeed there is in fact a huge amount of people for whom there is no need to spend more than $100, $150 at most on a GPU.

Wasn't Volta supposed to utilize HBM2? I CALL BS. 

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

800 series was mobile exclusive

ahhh my laptop with its BLAZING FAST 820m never failed me.... except for when it did... a lot.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •