Is the game worth it?

Clanscorpia

I heard a lot about Star citizen and it looks really sweet but it's 45USD for the lowest package. Is it worth it? It's a lot of money for one game but I'm really hyped about it. Or is there a way to get it cheaper? Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

All these questions .. BUT WE NEED NAME OF THAT GAME!! :D

Star citizen

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

What game is it?  Make sure you can handle it first.

GPU: ASUS Strix GTX 1070,  CPU: i5-6600k OC to 4.0 GHz,  PSU: Rosewill Capstone G750 750W,  Mobo: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming,  Case: NZXT H440 White,  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8),  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Mouse: Razer Ouroboros,  Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma, Mousepad: Razer Overwatch KB+M pad, Headset: Corsair Void RGB,  Monitor: 1x ASUS PB277Q 27" 1440p & 1x HP Pavilion 25cw 25-inch 1080p

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

Star citizen

The game is not even finished. No it is not worth it ATM.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

All these questions .. BUT WE NEED NAME OF THAT GAME!! :D

It was posted in the Star Citizen sub forum so it was assumed it was Star Citizen :D 

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

I really thought I posted this in the Star citizen section?

Spoiler

AXIOM

1 minute ago, abyss03 said:

It was posted in the Star Citizen sub forum so it was assumed it was Star Citizen :D 

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

I saw it in the Recent Posts and it didnt cross my mind to check which section it is.

5 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

You did, but some people get to topics from the recent topic section.. although the sub forum is below it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

only if your willing to pay full price for a game thats not yet finished, i'd hang back for a couple of months till most of the major bugs have been shaken out

It's really not worth it imo. It's only alive on hype. Maybe in a few months it'll be better

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

7 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I saw it in the Recent Posts and it didnt cross my mind to check which section it is.

You should change your location from Slovakia, to Slowvakia. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

6 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I heard a lot about Star citizen and it looks really sweet but it's 45USD for the lowest package. Is it worth it? It's a lot of money for one game but I'm really hyped about it. Or is there a way to get it cheaper? Thanks!

The pricing is to fund development, not to buy a game. IMO, $45 is a pretty cheap price point for essentially a 'pre-sale.' Considering most AAA titles retail at $60, Star Citizen aims to push well beyond the scope of a typical AAA title. So on that front, I think it's well worth it. However, if you want a full game/world to immerse yourself in right now, now is not the time to join in. I don't expect Squadron 42 (the single-player campaign part of the game) to really be ready until Q1 or even Q2 of 2017.

I believe they are doing a free-fly period for E3, so you can download and play the game as it is right now for free. But again, don't expect a full fledged game. There are still a lot of bugs, missing features, in-development features and unfulfilled promises yet; but to look at where they're at now versus a year ago, I'd say they're making good progress. Keep in mind most big games take years to develop; Star Citizen is just letting the public in on pretty much the entire development process.

1 minute ago, Kaleshi said:

You should change your location from Slovakia, to Slowvakia. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What if I am fast at being slow?

19 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

It really depends on what your expectation is. Do you want a game that gets broken here and there in between patches, with some playable parts that are relatively fun for a few hours?

If not, you should probably at least wait for squadron 42 (the single player portion) to officially come out (which i assume is going to be more refined than the rest of the game at the moment) to get into it. 

At any rate, if you're interested, you should check out the discord group down in my sig, I know the title says star citizen, but we really just talk about random stuff that happens around the world (literally).

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

No.

I wouldn't put money into it. I honestly at this point don't think the game will ever be released. "Alpha" and "modules" don't count. I mean the finished game.

They've continuously pushed it back, and are always adding new features which pushes the release date back. Just release it already.

I think this is where having a publisher pushing you to release the game is a good thing. Clearly Chris Roberts can't plan properly, and push the product out the door.

This went from the game I was most excited for, out of anything, to something I have absolutely no interest in.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

For me, it's not the most fun game to play right now, but I am happy to see where it goes and know I will like it. It's the community that makes it great right now. For many its a bug ridden pre alpha with little gameplay, but if you don't mind that and just want to hang out with people and play a game together every weekend, there you go. If not, wait a year and come back again, and it will have more depth to it.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Its worth it. ^_^

I think I have dumped more than I should have to get certain ships I want...

I am sure to spend more later as I want more ships...

Its sad I know...

:|

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

Clearly Chris Roberts can't plan properly, and push the product out the door.

This went from the game I was most excited for, out of anything, to something I have absolutely no interest in.

If anything, Chris Roberts knows the best about rushing schedules and hitting deadlines. Case in point: Lego Games. 

With all due Internet respect,  interest won't get you through the development. Love of the idea and vision will. 

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

3 hours ago, Gyre-Taenn said:

If anything, Chris Roberts knows the best about rushing schedules and hitting deadlines. Case in point: Lego Games. 

With all due Internet respect,  interest won't get you through the development. Love of the idea and vision will. 

No, it won't. Not when I see the way this is going. I don't see this ever actually being completed.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Is the game worth it, from the plans designs and the fact they have only been coding the game for three years, when most game take 5ish, seems to be.

I'm enjoying myself.

15 hours ago, dizmo said:

No, it won't. Not when I see the way this is going. I don't see this ever actually being completed.

Well, in another sense, CR did say that they never want the game to be completed. In the sense that he never wants the feature set to be set and the gameplay elements to stop. :P

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

2 hours ago, Gyre-Taenn said:

Well, in another sense, CR did say that they never want the game to be completed. In the sense that he never wants the feature set to be set and the gameplay elements to stop. :P

Haha, it is a little different though, right now he doesn't even really have anything close to what he promised backers ;)

All I ever wanted was Freelancer reborn. That was what this should be, if it ever gets released.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

On 6/13/2016 at 4:21 AM, dizmo said:

No.

I wouldn't put money into it. I honestly at this point don't think the game will ever be released. "Alpha" and "modules" don't count. I mean the finished game.

They've continuously pushed it back, and are always adding new features which pushes the release date back. Just release it already.

I think this is where having a publisher pushing you to release the game is a good thing. Clearly Chris Roberts can't plan properly, and push the product out the door.

i rather have a game pushed back to make sure it works properly unlike the half ass soo call game called battlebugfield 4, unlike normal aaa games this is on a much bigger scale if you have not notice.

look how elite dangerous did not soo good considering the ratings, the apha and modules are like sandbox a feed back to what is need to be change like wot and world of warship is going to do.

since its big there will be a bigger scale of haters and likers and it seems like your on of the haters lol

Anyway the game is worth it if you think its worth it your just pledging, supporting the game because its still in the development phase.If you are not sure then i will recommend you to wait for the full release as you will not be missing on anything. All the ships will be avalible in the game any how soo in a sence your just getting early access as a "beta tester" a taste of what it will be like. currently they have release psudo PTU.

lives on

BAKABT