Fnatic Launches "No-bullshit" eSports Peripherals by Acquiring Func and Starting an Indiegogo Campaign

Verne

Apparently Fnatic, known for their eSports team(s) have gone mad and acquired Func. In doing so, they have plans to focus on "no-bullshit" high quality gaming peripherals. That means clean aesthetics (no flashing lights or fancy designs) with focus on performance. They seem to have done it all with only a small amount of fanfare and there's hardly any mention of Func acquisition outside of an email I got about the the deal from Func themselves.

Fnatic press release: http://www.fnatic.com/content/96550

Their new line of peripherals include all the essentials, a mouse, a keyboard and a handful of different sized and coated mouse pads. The Mouse seems to be similar to the old Func MS-2 and sports a Pixart 3310 sensor which is the current most popular optical "flawless" sensor used by most peripheral manufacturers. The keyboard is mechanical (no surprise there) with backlighting and comes in US, UK, DE, FR and Nordics layouts. For mouse pads you have a choice between hard and cloth pads and the cloth option comes in the most common sizes (from normal to desk sized).

Indiegogo campaign: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fnatic-gear-esports-equipment-by-fnatic#/

Overall, I like the looks of the devices and I think more manufacturers need to do more of this clean and performance focused stuff. Will be interesting to see how this Fnatic-Func thing works out in the future.

familyshot.jpg

is it me or does that mouse look like a steelseries rival ripoff

not really; far from a ripoff.

"no bullshit" - read no leds/etc

"good for gaming" - only so many ways a mouse can be designed.

performs very similarly

I love it. Make it simple, enough LED flashing lights and gaming mice with 10 flashing LEDs in different colors. Keep it clean and if possible- affordable or at least make a cheaper series and a pro series. :D

not really; far from a ripoff.

"no bullshit" - read no leds/etc

"good for gaming" - only so many ways a mouse can be designed.

performs very similarly

I mean yeah but still, its plagiarism-levels of similarity can't possibly be a coincidence...

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I have one under my hand right now, can confirm, looks identical, because it's best general mouse shape for right handed users. I hope they have braided cables, might pick one up for myself if they do. (depending on mouse sensor as well) It's also a mouse, only so many fuckn ways it can look lmao.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Rebrands the MS-2, removes one of the DPI buttons for a singular DPI cycle button, slight back shape change, bumps price up by $4.
  • Rebrands the KB-460. Does nothing else. Don't mention which Cherry MX keys it has, or if both the brown and blue version survives. Since they're idiots gentlemen of critiqueworthy decisionmaking skills, I assume the blue version is going to be the only one left.
  • "Boost" gamepad (Func Surface 1030 L just rebranded) price bumped by $4.
  • Func MS-3², the best mouse in the world for people with long fingers and the only one said people can palm other than a few Logitech mice, is nowhere to be seen.

And they already made the acquisition yet double-dip indiegogo.

I hope they collectively contract syfilis.

I liked func, hopefully they don't end up dying.

Sorry but that's exactly what this means.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It's not just you.

Kind of looks like a Deathadder to me. In fact, it kind of looks like "generic FPS-mouse" to me.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Oh noes!

It's a mouse. There aren't that many shapes.  :rolleyes:

why do they have a full- sized keyboard? i always loved tenkeyless or 60% versions better for gaming. pffff fnatic doesnt know anything about gaming

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

why do they have a full- sized keyboard? i always loved tenkeyless or 60% versions better for gaming. pffff fnatic doesnt know anything about gaming

I've never understood the point of tenkeyless gaming keyboards

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

You can have your hands closer together

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Some prefer it because it leaves you with more space for your mouse. Also not a lot of games make use of the keypad.

I personally do prefer full sized, but to each their own.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Having a full-size keyboard is really nice when it comes to games like ARMA, all the zeroing buttons and zoom options are right there.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I actually wanted to buy a kb 460 on cristmas, it was really cheap for a mechanical keyboard with a czech layout, does this mean it won't exist anymore ?

Rebrands the KB-460. Does nothing else. Don't mention which Cherry MX keys it has, or if both the brown and blue version survives. Since they're idiots gentlemen of critiqueworthy decisionmaking skills, I assume the blue version is going to be the only one left.

It says it right on the IndieGoGo page:

Available in Cherry MX Red, Blue, and Brown. All colors available in the following keyboard layouts: English(US), English(UK), Nordics, German, and French. Limited quantities of each available.

You seem a bit too eager to bash them. Read the specs before calling their decisions bad.

• Func MS-3², the best mouse in the world for people with long fingers and the only one said people can palm other than a few Logitech mice, is nowhere to be seen.

And they already made the acquisition yet double-dip indiegogo.

I hope they collectively contract syfilis.

I bought a MS-3² last year and within 3-4 months the scroll wheel was having issues, I RMA'd and they sent out a brand new one to me without any hassle. Within 3-4 months that one started having issues too. I've been holding off on a RMA until they come out with a newer version/revision but they haven't...and now this happens....

They better come out with a newer MS-3² cause I don't want some Sensei ripoff, I would have bought SteelSeries from the get-go.

What did the process of product development look like?

We decided to scrap the rest of Func's product designs and start developing everything else from scratch.

BULLSHIT. They just rebranded Func's products! THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!

I will always welcome more competition in the anti-BS enthusiast market. As long as they treat what was Func well and only intent to push the envelope further, I'm all for it. Every single one of my peripherals are plug-n-play. I'm typing right now on my Ducky Shine 5 (used to use a Keycool 104 Hero as my daily driver). And I'm using a Zowie FK-2. I'm about to pre-order the Ducky Secret, too. Anybody else looking forward to the Secret?

Having switched somewhat recently, I prefer tkl now, my arms are more natural

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I really didn't realize fnatic had the kind of money to just, acquire companies. Alrighty.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

it makes for a more natural hand position for people who don't have very wide shoulders

Just you (and the people who 'liked' your comment who are also overestimating).

Func's mouse:

Func_MS-2_03.jpg

SS's mouse:

41BJ5Qgu%2BpL._SY355_.jpg

There's a small, minuscule resemblance, but it's a mouse.