Fnatic Launches "No-bullshit" eSports Peripherals by Acquiring Func and Starting an Indiegogo Campaign

Verne

It's the standard Nordic keyboard layout from what I can tell. We got big enter keys.

-snip-

Thank you for clarifying, I didn't know that it depends on a layout. Then again, every mechanical keyboard I looked at had a small enter key and I live in Europe. :/

func better honor their warranties, as i just bought a MS-3r2, and it's not looking good as func's website redirects to fnatic's.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

I mean yeah but still, its plagiarism-levels of similarity can't possibly be a coincidence...

well, if they sponsored by steelseries its likely that they got used to that design and liked it. copying it unintentionally when designing their own mouse.

- snip-

Oh how I wish there was a tenkeyless keyboard with dedicated macro keys on the left and still retain the volume wheel. Imagine having the k95's dedicated macro keys, the k70's volume wheel and the k65's tenkeyless design.

What's this? A tent in my pants!

- snip-

THIS IS HORRIBLE , WHY , WHY YOU HAVE FORSAKEN ME FUNC WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ?!??!

This is bullshit , absolutely bullshit , damn it all to hells bitter ass. Func was perfectly fine without Fnatic. i am going to say this now : i hate Fnatic and i hate them for ruining Func.

(⌐■_■) 

Love the simple design and prefer it way more than 'gaming' versions. Always thought the only thing that needed backlighting was the keyboard. 

Never heard of the company that got bought out but I already see a metric butt ton of complaints towards Fnatic (nvr liked them much anyway). If the keyboard is decent I might consider it but I'll just wait it out for the guinea pigs to test out first :3

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

is it me or does that mouse look like a steelseries rival ripoff

oh noo noo no

it's a razer ripoff

lol

I kid but you know the crying will start on razer's facebook soon when they get yet another competitor. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

• Rebrands the MS-2, removes one of the DPI buttons for a singular DPI cycle button, slight back shape change, bumps price up by $4.
  • Rebrands the KB-460. Does nothing else. Don't mention which Cherry MX keys it has, or if both the brown and blue version survives. Since they're idiots gentlemen of critiqueworthy decisionmaking skills, I assume the blue version is going to be the only one left.
  • "Boost" gamepad (Func Surface 1030 L just rebranded) price bumped by $4.
  • Func MS-3², the best mouse in the world for people with long fingers and the only one said people can palm other than a few Logitech mice, is nowhere to be seen.

And they already made the acquisition yet double-dip indiegogo.

I hope they collectively contract syfilis.

Sorry but that's exactly what this means.

Truly a sad day.  I was even thinking about getting another Surface 1030(L) since mine is nearly a decade old.  I would have had respect for them if they just took ownership(bankrolled them maybe?), and maybe worked with them for a special line of products, but no...demolish what was Func, and make it into something completely else(Edit:or rather rebrand everything as your own/edit).  And like you said, double-dip with an indiegogo campaign...because they couldn't just leave Func alone and make their own company.

Their new line of peripherals include all the essentials, a mouse, a keyboard and a handful of different sized and coated mouse pads. The Mouse seems to be similar to the old Func MS-2 and sports a Pixart 3310 sensor which is the current most popular optical "flawless" sensor used by most peripheral manufacturers.

Well, it isnt flawless and it is mostly used because it is easy to implement considering casing, not to mention that it just simply is the mid-end standard.

Also they are using a Holtek MCU which isnt even capable of USB High Speed, so it has an added delay on top of 3310´s smoothing.

so basically they are doing what Zowie are doing??? 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

*stirs in his rocking chair*

*adjusts spectacles*

*Coughs violently*

Now listen here, sonny, back in my day Indiegogos and kickstarters were for people with ideas, a way to finance a project that otherwise would not be made. They were not for existing companies with product lines to abuse as pre-order sales without having a product for review.

I find this distasteful.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

why do they have a full- sized keyboard? i always loved tenkeyless or 60% versions better for gaming. pffff fnatic doesnt know anything about gaming

Honestly I couldn't live on Windows without the numpad.

• 1 month later...

• Rebrands the MS-2, removes one of the DPI buttons for a singular DPI cycle button, slight back shape change, bumps price up by $4.
  • Rebrands the KB-460. Does nothing else. Don't mention which Cherry MX keys it has, or if both the brown and blue version survives. Since they're idiots gentlemen of critiqueworthy decisionmaking skills, I assume the blue version is going to be the only one left.
  • "Boost" gamepad (Func Surface 1030 L just rebranded) price bumped by $4.
  • Func MS-3², the best mouse in the world for people with long fingers and the only one said people can palm other than a few Logitech mice, is nowhere to be seen.

And they already made the acquisition yet double-dip indiegogo.

I hope they collectively contract syfilis.

Sorry but that's exactly what this means.

bumping an old thread...

I fall into the category of long fingers and have only recently bought the M3, the mouse is very nice apart from having had to learn to keep the mouse pointed at the screen at 90* , not my normal play style of about 60* , the software is terrible Gamdias did it better with the auto switching profiles based on application (game launches)

I do hope they bring back the M3 as i only bought is for the pinky rest and that works incredibly well.

I have had many mice over the years that have poorly incorporated the pinky rest but func nailed it .

Family is Everything ....But a fast pc with an SSD is NIce

Honestly I couldn't live on Windows without the numpad.

Tenkeyless Has A Numpad

The definition of a Tenkeyless is that it has no numpad. Numpad = Tenkeys. Tenkeyless = Numpad-less.

Not Sure Then,My Quickfire Tenkeyless Has A Numpad

Not Sure Then,My Quickfire Tenkeyless Has A Numpad

Is this your keyboard?

61IYKyQkYuL._SL1200_.jpg

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Is this your keyboard?

No THis Isimage_735.jpg Except With Blue Keys

Inb4 mouse costs 400 GBP for the Fnatic logo.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Screw you fnatic. Func was making really unique and good products. They completely crippled the MS-2 and threw out the MS-3. Already done with them and their teams.

BULLSHIT. They just rebranded Func's products! THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!

They are in the process of developing

They rebranded the remaining func gear so that, you know, they don't go bankrupt

Clever guys to have their own products. Hope they are being honest about it and really want to deliver quality for fair price (mouse seems to be fair price imo).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I bought a MS-3² last year and within 3-4 months the scroll wheel was having issues, I RMA'd and they sent out a brand new one to me without any hassle. Within 3-4 months that one started having issues too. I've been holding off on a RMA until they come out with a newer version/revision but they haven't...and now this happens....

They better come out with a newer MS-3² cause I don't want some Sensei ripoff, I would have bought SteelSeries from the get-go.

BULLSHIT. They just rebranded Func's products! THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!

I bought a Func-Ms3 v1 and after 9 months all of a sudden every single button stopped working and couldn't be detected by the utility, in device manager it just comes up as a generic USB hub now. couldn't be bothered with RMA process, outback Australia, express postage takes 2 to 3 weeks and costs a fortune, let alone regular. 

on another note my Steelseries Rival has developed a lag as well. so time for a new mouse again

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."