Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

What toxic materials are in my PC

1: Lead in cathode ray tube and solder

2: Arsenic in older cathode ray tubes

9: Mercury in switches and housing

WAT. What PC's they recycle for fuck sake ? 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Teaching the best IT student in the school, who showed off until I came along, how to program made my day lool

So much for being "A* in cs". It's just scratch m8!

cs? C# or Counter Strike?

/jk

Scratch is obviously the best language though. I mean, slotting together blocks takes a lot of skill and hard work

/s

classic white girl wakis into ss class with MacBook air 11" and beats logo sticker on back.

Holy crap, I have 2 girls in my classes who have the exact same thing.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

Holy crap, I have 2 girls in my classes who have the exact same thing.

5 of those in my neighborhood. Wtf is wrong with them.

A friend mine who is a gamer herself,the other day she was telling me how her dad bought an alienware 13 since it was fast and made programs run faster due to the gpu in it.Her dad uses excel and word that's it.I could couldn't control face-palming.

When people are having an HDTV and an HD cable receiver but connected it via fucking RCA! But the worst thing is that they too stubborn to even try HDMI. They are like "My TV is not compatible" while there is a Full HD logo on the tv itself. They eveen bought a separate AV adapter for their PS3 because they still think their TV is not compatible.

Some of my classmates still thinks the actual computer is in the monitor.

I used to work at a computer shop for IT support and service. Whenever something is wrong with the machine, they'll always ask if it's a virus or not. If the shortcut on the desktop is gone, they would think all of their data on the computer are gone. My mum isn't non-techy but she just double clicks on EVERYTHING she wants to open. That includes links and buttons on the web browser. She would double click on the Google searches to open them too and I got really annoyed watching her using the computer at some point of my life. I have another one but it's not really non-techies. My friend is a photographer but not much of a computer guy so he bought a netbook(yes, those 10-inches) and brought it to college. Apparently he actually used that netbook to edit photo and do his work. I remember him posting a comment which he thinks tiny computer are less powerful(true to some extent).

I hate it when people double click anything! I'm worried I'm actually going to shout at them when they do it!

This isn't really about a non techie persons ( kinda ) but my schools 65 year old IT guy was talking to teachers about a PC he was going build. The teacher just Kindda ignored him because he knew nothing about what he was talking about. I later asked the IT guy what was in the PC he was building, he says with a straight face " nothing to much" this dude has a i7-4790k, 980s in SLI, A triple monitor 4k setup all in a freakign custom loop... I about fainted seeing a 65year old man with an amazing setup. This dude is a legend to me and so, of my friends laugh at me because of it lol

Teachers that ignore him and your friends that laugh at you, probably don't really care about the technology that goes in it as much as you or that IT guy does. Anyway some day when your his age, you'll have a awesome rig too and a kid will also think your a legend. :D

Some experience with non techies

Want to search something on google. Opens up IE and google is the home page. In google search box types in google.com. In search results,  clicks on google link and brings up the google page, then type in what they want to search.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Teachers that ignore him and your friends that laugh at you, probably don't really care about the technology that goes in it as much as you or that IT guy does. Anyway some day when your his age, you'll have a awesome rig too and a kid will also think your a legend. :D

Want to search something on google. Opens up IE and google is the home page. In google search box types in google.com. In search results, clicks on google link and brings up the google page, then type in what they want to search.

it's too real

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

sry had to

how 2 type dat face?

also, wat is it called?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Want to search something on google. Opens up IE and google is the home page. In google search box types in google.com. In search results,  clicks on google link and brings up the google page, then type in what they want to search.

so say we all

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

how 2 type dat face?

also, wat is it called?

Le Lenny face, yyou have to copy and paste it, just search it on google. This website also has a few more. http://www.alexdantas.net/lenny/

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

╚═( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)═╝

╚═(███)═╝

╚═(███)═╝

.╚═(███)═╝

..╚═(███)═╝

…╚═(███)═╝

…╚═(███)═╝

..╚═(███)═╝

.╚═(███)═╝

╚═(███)═╝

.╚═(███)═╝

..╚═(███)═╝

…╚═(███)═╝

…╚═(███)═╝

…..╚(███)╝

……╚(██)╝

………(█)

……….*

I see

╚═( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)═╝

╚═(███)═╝

╚═(███)═╝

.╚═(███)═╝

..╚═(███)═╝

…╚═(███)═╝

…╚═(███)═╝

..╚═(███)═╝

.╚═(███)═╝

╚═(███)═╝

.╚═(███)═╝

..╚═(███)═╝

…╚═(███)═╝

…╚═(███)═╝

…..╚(███)╝

……╚(██)╝

………(█)

……….*

I see

This one is still my favorite. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

My grandma asked what I was doing in Uni so I told her a computer course, she asked how does she turn the LED's off in her modem because it took the guy 30 minutes to set it up and she didn't want to turn it off because then she'd have to get him back again.

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

cs? C# or Counter Strike?

/jk

Scratch is obviously the best language though. I mean, slotting together blocks takes a lot of skill and hard work

/s

Serious question here: can scratch really be considered a programming language? I think of it as a coding minigame really. Opinions?

Look at my shiny. The logo lights up

Serious question here: can scratch really be considered a programming language? I think of it as a coding minigame really. Opinions?

I don't think it can be considered such.  It's really just a basic graphical interface that anyone with some sort of mental capacity can learn to use easily.  Harder projects can be more challenging to create and more fun to make than basic projects, but it's not true programming.  Essentially, there is no sort of language/terms/syntax that you need to learn besides maybe ordering the blocks and putting them inside each other correctly.  But, as always, that's just my opinion.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

Someone asked me to find an android phone that was stolen using GPS tracking. I asked them if the GPS was on, but it wasn't cause they said it wastes battery but they still want me to work my "magic" since I'm "the IT guy" that everyone seems to rely on. I asked them instead to just reset the phone but they didn't want to even though the one with the phone is currently abusing the accounts because they're using their sister's email, which, 1st doesn't make sense cause I'm just trying to prevent further damage to the phone and the accounts in it, and 2nd, WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY USE SOMEONE ELSE'S ACCOUNT FOR SOMETHING SO PRIVATE?

I'm surrounded by idiots no matter where I go

I have a MBP retina (probably gonna get hate over it) and because the screen is glass, people constantly touch my screen thinking that its a touch-screen and leave their fingerprints everywhere. Also another one, (probably said before) people who think that you are only playing games when you are on a computer or some people that think you are "hacking" when all you did was use Terminal or CMD to diagnose some issue on your own computer. Lastly, people thinking that Wifi is faster than wired Ethernet cabling (As long as its not like Cat3 or Cat5 with some Hub instead of a switch).

My Build : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X - Asus Strix X570-E - 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo

- Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti - 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD - Corsair AX860i Power Supply

just a post for all of us

post-89070-0-86544300-1431998997.jpg

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

A few days ago, my teacher's computer (which is still running XP) just froze up, the cursor was very laggy and everything, and I just told her to reboot it (so I didn't have to deal with it)

Her first response: "What does it mean to reboot?"

She's barely used computers or phones, so im not suprised...

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

I dont even know how it works..... but my grandpa is actually competent enough to use a computer on his own. In fact, he teaches my grandmahow to use it, and somehow everything goes well.

Part of the Q6600 club

What toxic materials are in my PC

1: Lead in cathode ray tube and solder

There are different types of solder, turns out one actually does have lead in it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solder#Lead_solder

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!