Motorola accidentally teases Droid Turbo before launch

Dietrichw

Source

droid-turbo-red.jpg

Motorola seems to be going for the Apple effect with how much the Droid Turbo has been leaked. We have seen the back of the phone and even read the phone's entire user manual. On Friday on the Droid Landing Twitter account Motorola briefly posted a photo of the Droid Turbo in red before deleting it. Currently not much is known other than the rumors of a 1440p screen, a 3,900 mAh battery and a 21 mega-pixel camera.

Somebody is getting fired~

Just that picture makes me want it.. But i refuse to buy anything with the word "Turbo" on it when there is no forced induction taking place! 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

"Accidently"

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Carbon Fiber = faster

Red Carbon Fiber = Fasterest

It is also really sexy:

droid-ultra-red7.jpg

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

1440p screen, a 3,900 mAh battery

If the rest of the specs are good (and the price) then I might get this... Just when I thought I'd be loyal to Sony's Xperia series as well.

Damn it's been a while since I've owned a Motorola phone.

You know i'm seriously against putting cases on phones...but if i got this, I'd have to cover it immediately. Have we not learned out lesson about glossy plastic phones?

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I want, no, I need one :mellow:

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Would prefer the MotoX 2014's design but them specs 1440p screen 21MP Camera and 3900Mah battery WOW 0.o 

Damn why did i get a g3 lol this looks sexy! i was going to get the new motoX because i liked the old one then i saw new motoX with that bump at the back and it like slanted angle so god damn ugly who in there right mind would let that be a thing and they fixed it with this! fml! lol

Dat battery

Obb

3,900 mAh battery 

This makes me happy. I don't care how thin the phone is. Bigger batteries are needed. I would love this Moto but depends how good the dev support is . 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

A 21mp camera? Holy shit, the first android phone that beats my Lumia Icon's camera. Well done!

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

cy89o.jpg

I had to. (Only took me more than 100 posts to figure how to put in pictures.......)

I really like the specs so far. This might be my next phone. Last Motorola phone I had was the v3i (I believe, either that or the v3)

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

I was thinking of making the small compromises the Moto X requires, like a slightly lower battery (I'm not really a very power-heavy user) and the less-than-great camera since I'm not really taking pictures that often. This one however gets rid of everything that the Moto X had against it. I'm glad they're not afraid of releasing a new product that might affect sales of their other ones.

Shame the back isn't curved though :P

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

21MP camera? Please no... The sensor is either huge (doubt it) or has really tiny pixels (so terrible low light performance).

Also, I think that red color is hideous. The black one looks far better. It seems like a lot of people like it though so good for them. It would be great if that's Kevlar or carbon fiber, and not just a textured plastic.

This phone's specs looks sweet, but the name had me a little disappointed.. 

impp_1104_08_o%2B1989_toyota_supra%2Bgar

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

That battery is massive, I would go even thicker phone and 6100 mAh battery if I was Motorola, but I'm sure 3900 will be enough for 2 ish days.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

This reminds me of the Motorola Bionic and Razr...

I limped my Droid X2 by for like 6 months waiting for the new great Motorola phone to come out, bought it on launch day and two days later saw a leak of the Razr... I was royally pissed.

Now the Moto X (2014) comes out, and shortly after a leak of a better phone pops up... Likely at the same price point.

So they get a 3900 mAh battery in this device but only stick 2300 in the moto x...

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I don't want a 1440p phone... 1440p on a phone is stupid.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I am disappointed with you people- demanding manufacturers to put bigger batteries in phones rather to find ways to lower power consumption and make batteries take up less space while offering the same capacity. Bigger batteries is a terrible solution to battery life issues. We techies shouldn't be content with manufacturers slacking off. People complaining about apple making the 6 thinner; they were able to make the phone thinner while putting in a bigger battery. That's an engineering marvel right there.