Motorola accidentally teases Droid Turbo before launch

Dietrichw

Please let this phone be available in Germany. I want this so much, Carbon makes everything better. 

And Turbo, oh baby, boost vs. displacement. :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Please let this phone be available in Germany. I want this so much, Carbon makes everything better. 

And Turbo, oh baby, boost vs. displacement. :D

This is a Verizon exclusive, also when I was an exchange student there I had to get a new phone because I couldn't find any CDMA networks as they were all GSM. 

The ozone layer would like a word with you.

You do know irony, right? :) 

@Dietrichw: Mhm, that sucks, oh well I guess I'm going for the new Moto X then. 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

A 21mp camera? Holy shit, the first android phone that beats my Lumia Icon's camera. Well done!

I thought there was a Lumia with like 40+ mp.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

You do know irony, right? :)

@Dietrichw: Mhm, that sucks, oh well I guess I'm going for the new Moto X then. 

If I did, that would be the joke.

I thought there was a Lumia with like 40+ mp.

There is, the Lumia 1020 with a 41mp camera, so android still has to catch up to that

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

This phone's specs looks sweet, but the name had me a little disappointed..

impp_1104_08_o%2B1989_toyota_supra%2Bgar

Now if it came with one...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

There is, the Lumia 1020 with a 41mp camera, so android still has to catch up to that

Why the hell do you need a 41 mp on a smartphone?

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

"need"... There is that word again.

We don't *NEED* houses to survive, but they are nice to have, right? You don't *NEED* a 41MP camera on your phone, but it's nice to have, right?

I am sick and tired of people saying "you don't need XXXX in a phone". You're right when you say we don't need it, but it isn't about needing something. It's about what make the device better. We don't need phones at all, but they makes our lives a little better so we use them anyway. People said the same thing back in 2000 when we started seeing 1GHz CPUs. A lot of people said we didn't *NEED* 1GHz CPUs (this is in desktops by the way, with a single core) because 500MHz was more than enough for most people. Yet here we are, would you buy 500MHz single core CPU today? It is enough for most tasks (including web browsing and gaming), but you decided to get something more powerful just because it is nicer to have that extra power. People do the same with phones.

Dat digital zoom though:

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Dat optical zoom though:

-snip-

That camera is so powerful that you can use it as a telescope

http://www.winbeta.org/news/use-41-megapixel-lumia-1020-explore-wonders-outer-space

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

1440p screen? For fucks sake!

Not only does this mean that colors and blacks will be way off (read: LG G3), but the chip will be brought down before you even toss Angry Birds at it.

How about instead of running the resolution race, we get best display QUALITY? Apple has great displays, but most Android phones like the G3, S5 and M8 all have screens with colors pushed way past natural. But, I guess it gets people to look at it first on the store shelf if the colors 'pop' way more...

For some odd reason reminds me of the G3

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

AS i buy my HTC one m7.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Looks better than the 2014 moto x at least.

Praise Duarte!

Not only does this mean that colors and blacks will be way off (read: LG G3), but the chip will be brought down before you even toss Angry Birds at it.

How about instead of running the resolution race, we get best display QUALITY? Apple has great displays, but most Android phones like the G3, S5 and M8 all have screens with colors pushed way past natural. But, I guess it gets people to look at it first on the store shelf if the colors 'pop' way more...

The G3's mediocre screen is not necessarily bad in phones areas because of the high PPI. The only thing I can think of that directly suffers because of high PPI is peak brightness. The rest, like DeltaE is not affected.

If the SoC is the Snapdragon 805 then we should see roughly the same performance as on Snapdragon 801 at 1920x1080. Do you think for example the M8 is slow? No? Good, because this will be the same or faster.

Android manufacturers have been pretty bad when it comes to color accuracy but that seems to have changed, at least for Samsung. The last two Nexus devices have been great, and the Note 4 is fantastic.

You really should consider using an air filter.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

The G3's mediocre screen is not necessarily bad in phones areas because of the high PPI. The only thing I can think of that directly suffers because of high PPI is peak brightness. The rest, like DeltaE is not affected.

If the SoC is the Snapdragon 805 then we should see roughly the same performance as on Snapdragon 801 at 1920x1080. Do you think for example the M8 is slow? No? Good, because this will be the same or faster.

Android manufacturers have been pretty bad when it comes to color accuracy but that seems to have changed, at least for Samsung. The last two Nexus devices have been great, and the Note 4 is fantastic.

The G3 has ridiculous colors - my brother has one, and it's insane. Way off. To be honest, between that and my iPhone 4S, I can definitely see the pixel density difference, but at the end of the day, it doesn't affect me, and the 4S is more than enough; I've never thought 'I wish this screen had a higher resolution than most TVs!'

I agree the chip may be more powerful, but my point is that higher resolutions literally don't do anything after the first ten minutes of looking really close and not seeing any pixels. They just bog it down. Why not get better performance on the same chip by not making an insane resolution, instead of having to bump up performance just to equal what it was at a lower one?

Samsung is the worst one! The S5 has such saturated colors that it nearly hurts to look at it.

Samsung is the worst one! The S5 has such saturated colors that it nearly hurts to look at it.

Put it in video mode. That makes the S 5 pretty average in terms of saturation (and very good in other areas).

The results we got for the Note 4 looks fantastic.

It multisamples the image you're taking and compresses all the details together to create more accurate images...I believe.

It's something similar to that. It's not about taking images the size of a highway billboard ;)

You mean digital zoom.

Oh shit you are right, my brain is messed up...

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

You really should consider using an air filter.

Not my car, just a pic I got off the internet. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I'm thinking the new Nexus 6 will likely follow more after this, than the 5.9" Motorola behemoth we've been seeing, which I think might be Motorola's attempt to make a phablet for their line up.

It obviously won't be as flashly, hopefully with a soft touch finish like the 5.

If the rest of the specs are good (and the price) then I might get this... Just when I thought I'd be loyal to Sony's Xperia series as well.

Damn it's been a while since I've owned a Motorola phone.

This makes me happy. I don't care how thin the phone is. Bigger batteries are needed. I would love this Moto but depends how good the dev support is . 

I had to. (Only took me more than 100 posts to figure how to put in pictures.......)

I really like the specs so far. This might be my next phone. Last Motorola phone I had was the v3i (I believe, either that or the v3)

Hope you lads use Verizon ;)

21MP camera? Please no... The sensor is either huge (doubt it) or has really tiny pixels (so terrible low light performance).

Also, I think that red color is hideous. The black one looks far better. It seems like a lot of people like it though so good for them. It would be great if that's Kevlar or carbon fiber, and not just a textured plastic.

Motorola has a pretty good track record for using real carbon and kevlar. So I have high hopes in that regard, though I have no interest in the device.

I am disappointed with you people- demanding manufacturers to put bigger batteries in phones rather to find ways to lower power consumption and make batteries take up less space while offering the same capacity. Bigger batteries is a terrible solution to battery life issues. We techies shouldn't be content with manufacturers slacking off. People complaining about apple making the 6 thinner; they were able to make the phone thinner while putting in a bigger battery. That's an engineering marvel right there.

They're working on it. These things take time. There's a few technologies coming that I imagine will make an appearance in the next year or two.

Bigger batteries, for now, are an excellent option for longer run times. Honestly it doesn't add a whole lot to the phone.

Erm...the iPhone is a horrible example. They made the phone MUCH MUCH larger. So obviously they were able to add in a bigger battery. Do you know what they left out? An internal structural support system. The phone is literally built into the shell. Horrible engineering decision.

It doesn't always mean it's going to be way off. You can't base a screen type on a single example.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red