Rate the Photo Above you

snip

7/10
Nice overall colours and contrast. However it looks slightly soft on the focus, but it might just be the size of the image. Also it might just be me, but there is some halo'ing on the planes themselves. If it isnt just me, its because the clarity has been turned up slightly too much...

Here is my shot/ shots. Its 260 images merged.

23189828792_2a5ca001b5_b.jpg

Tenerife Star Trail by Mathew Teague, on Flickr

Wow, looks completely swish. I am trying to do this with my photos but I've not had the time or the right weather for it. I would say about 8/10 because the colours all go well together but sadly I think the flowers look too bright because of the light you cannot see in the photo.

Anyway, Here is mine. Btw, sorry for the poor quality image. It looks much better when it isnt blown up loads.

post-274932-0-25902500-1448470471_thumb.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

6/10. May just be the upload Rez but the colors are just too bland and the light is all over the place. I get where you were going with the image for a silhouette and sun flare but honestly the dynamic range on your sensor was not capable of producing this result properly.

a379f0f1a4fb37e74468de230e073054.jpg

Something different for fun. Three of our cats at their dinner bowls. We have this on a 20x30 canvas above our dinner table and it looks great :)

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

Hahaha, I give it a 7/10 just for the cat on the right.  Even though it's not a super fancy picture, it's adorable and that's all that matters.  To counter the cats, here's a picture of my dog named Goose.  

nqIG0fp.jpg

Hahaha, I give it a 7/10 just for the cat on the right.  Even though it's not a super fancy picture, it's adorable and that's all that matters.  To counter the cats, here's a picture of my dog named Goose.  

id say 8/10. Your dog looks so silly :P 

here's a pic i took at a cars and coffee of this heavily modified camaro.

22708589704_e4e71e4ee7_k.jpgcamaro racecar by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

@bob345 I'm not a huge fan of car photography but 9/10

I'm still a smartphone camera pleb but now with a Samsung Galaxy S6...

I really like that! 8.7/10. The background grabs most of my attention and it would be 10 if the buds were slightly crisper and more in focus, and the stem likewise.

Here's a photo from my Note 4, untouched.

KW9J8Ra.jpg

Sig under construction.

I really like that! 8.7/10. The background grabs most of my attention and it would be 10 if the buds were slightly crisper and more in focus, and the stem likewise.

Here's a photo from my Note 4, untouched.

-snip-

The colors are very drab; this could've been taken at a better time of day and it would look great, but I love how wide the picture seems.  6.5/10

LARGE PICTURE:

SAXGCpY.jpg

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

The colors are very drab; this could've been taken at a better time of day and it would look great, but I love how wide the picture seems.  6.5/10

LARGE PICTURE:

I,m going to have to say 6/10. Interesting subject, but the composition just feels off to me. I feel the glare and reflection at that angle take away from the clock.

Here's a pic i took this morning at a local cars and coffee (yes, i go to allot of those :P ).

23010318329_e499fb0474_k.jpggtrwheel by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I would have to give that a 8/10, the main thing that bothers me is that the center wheel logo is upside down :).  Otherwise it has great composition and alignment.

XdQ0Zck.jpg

Smartphone here, I'm really limited by the dynamic range.

XXl LARGE PICTURE:

The worlds largest smoke stack:

original: http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/thatwimpykid/P_20151103_163128_SRES_zpsww9vmxkv.jpg~original

P_20151103_163128_SRES_zpsww9vmxkv.jpg

A fall walk:

orginal; http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/thatwimpykid/P_20151017_163937_SRES_zps2iuqsn37.jpg~original

P_20151017_163937_SRES_zps2iuqsn37.jpg

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Smartphone here, I'm really limited by the dynamic range.

XXl LARGE PICTURE:

The worlds largest smoke stack:

original: http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/thatwimpykid/P_20151103_163128_SRES_zpsww9vmxkv.jpg~original

-snep-

A fall walk:

orginal; http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b593/thatwimpykid/P_20151017_163937_SRES_zps2iuqsn37.jpg~original

-snep-

8/10, I really like the colors of the first photo and the second photo is also good but the sky is blown out, obviously not your fault since it's a phone camera.

-incoming photo-

for some reason i couldn't edit my post above so:

into the mist 1 edit by Nutty LTT, on Flickr

That picture is really grainy, so much noise. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

7/10 Little grainy, weather sucks, everything is dead. #NewYork

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea, just it suffered execution...

...just like my pic. I took this on my shitty ass phone (Samsung Galaxy Avant), so it's grainy AF, not really focused, and yeah. Also snuck this in with like 5 seconds of down time before the teacher came in, so there's that. Wish I had time to bring my SIII in and some lights so I could set it up right lol

23108730939_b314eb448a_h.jpg2015-12-02_04-23-21 by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

6/10. May just be the upload Rez but the colors are just too bland and the light is all over the place. I get where you were going with the image for a silhouette and sun flare but honestly the dynamic range on your sensor was not capable of producing this result properly.

Thanks, its just really annoying because I had a camera able to take photos like this properly but I upgraded and am now stuck with this lol. However I find that I now get clearer results on this one. (I know that it may not look it on the image now but on my pc it looks fine)

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

7/10 Little grainy, weather sucks, everything is dead. #NewYork

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea, just it suffered execution...

...just like my pic. I took this on my shitty ass phone (Samsung Galaxy Avant), so it's grainy AF, not really focused, and yeah. Also snuck this in with like 5 seconds of down time before the teacher came in, so there's that. Wish I had time to bring my SIII in and some lights so I could set it up right lol

--snip--

2015-12-02_04-23-21 by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

6/10, im being kind :P it is grainy and really unfocused but the picture is really nice

The one below is just one I took while my friend was playing the piano during third period. It was a failed attempt to record a video actually, because I was using the QCircle camera app on my G4, which I forgot can't record lol. It wasn't meant to be professional at all, hence it being portrait (sorry for not doing it in landscape, portrait is just easier to hold.), I didn't focus it or anything, just took a quick picture in attempt to record. I didn't look at it until today, and It actually didn't turn out to be bad at all, it just looks pleasing though.

0efdeb5bc5.jpg

(It flipped the photo from protrait to landscape. Weird. Heres the original link: http://puu.sh/lJHGw/0efdeb5bc5.jpg)

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

6/10, im being kind :P it is grainy and really unfocused but the picture is really nice

The one below is just one I took while my friend was playing the piano during third period. It was a failed attempt to record a video actually, because I was using the QCircle camera app on my G4, which I forgot can't record lol. It wasn't meant to be professional at all, hence it being portrait (sorry for not doing it in landscape, portrait is just easier to hold.), I didn't focus it or anything, just took a quick picture in attempt to record. I didn't look at it until today, and It actually didn't turn out to be bad at all, it just looks pleasing though.

-snip-

(It flipped the photo from protrait to landscape. Weird. Heres the original link: http://puu.sh/lJHGw/0efdeb5bc5.jpg)

Honestly it looks better in landscape.

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

7/10 

As has been said, would look way better in landscape imo.

Maybe show more of the person or just don't show the hand!

r8igb4.jpg

7/10 

As has been said, would look way better in landscape imo.

Maybe show more of the person or just don't show the hand!

-snip-

8/10 - I really like the idea of the shot, but it feels drab.  Bump in some contrast!  That's my 2c on the postprocessing, I liked the actual shot.

Large picture warning:

KoRyAMu.jpg

Nikon D3200, 50mm f/1.8 

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

8/10 - I really like the idea of the shot, but it feels drab.  Bump in some contrast!  That's my 2c on the postprocessing, I liked the actual shot.

Large picture warning:

KoRyAMu.jpg

Nikon D3200, 50mm f/1.8 

Im going to have to say 6/10. The main reason is because the focus is off. Had the focus been on the front of the car and the horizon been level it would have ended up much better. When shooting cars, i recommend not shooting wide open especially on a fast lens like yours. Even with auto focus its easy to miss focus with such a shallow depth of field.

Here's a pic i got a couple hours ago at a cars and coffee up in San Fransisco of an awesome viper.

22916678554_0742f0a8e3_k.jpgViper by Tauss ., on Flickr

Im going to have to say 6/10. The main reason is because the focus is off. Had the focus been on the front of the car and the horizon been level it would have ended up much better. When shooting cars, i recommend not shooting wide open especially on a fast lens like yours. Even with auto focus its easy to miss focus with such a shallow depth of field.

Here's a pic i got a couple hours ago at a cars and coffee up in San Fransisco of an awesome viper.

-snip-

Yeah I see where you're coming from.  It was my dad's lens meant for a body with an AF motor in it, so I had to manual focus.  The horizon was more level than it looks.  The actual car was sinking into the dirt on the left side so that's where the lean comes from.

I like that picture a lot but I'll leave it for the next person to judge, thanks!

Damn that's a sharp picture. Awesome car too.

Focus is on point, 9/10

I guess the background could be more interesting, that's all I can think of atm though.

24yr2xl.jpg

Covent Garden, London (near the Houses of Parliament)

Really cool pic above me. 9/10. The yellow sign thingy looks really low quality infront.

Edited by Godlygamer23