Rate the Photo Above you

The problem with upping the contrast is you completely lose the bricks on the bridge :)

Increase the local contrast instead of the global contrast. 

Need to add more contrast. It's just gray and doesn't stand out to me at this point. Composition is good. just need better processing.

Cars by Cyrill Bambilla, on Flickr

8/10

I love the shot. Very crisp, clean, clear. B&W is a good choice, and works very well on this shot. It probably is for the best, or it would be a tad busy with the background.

That said. It's not aligned the best. The undesirable environment (the crappy "normal" cars, people are fine), while not under your control, may have been removed a tad with a different Focal Length, or maybe angle. 

22705602341_04b78c023c_h.jpgFall | Cascade Station | PDX by Ethan Gollehon, on Flickr

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

8/10

I love the shot. Very crisp, clean, clear. B&W is a good choice, and works very well on this shot. It probably is for the best, or it would be a tad busy with the background.

That said. It's not aligned the best. The undesirable environment (the crappy "normal" cars, people are fine), while not under your control, may have been removed a tad with a different Focal Length, or maybe angle. 

22705602341_04b78c023c_h.jpgFall | Cascade Station | PDX by Ethan Gollehon, on Flickr

Love it, 9/10 sun glare looks shopped though I cant lie.

19686159052_fc28b99661_h.jpgBooniesBash-2015-25 by Andrew Gregg, on Flickr

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Love it, 9/10 sun glare looks shopped though I cant lie.

BooniesBash-2015-25 by Andrew Gregg, on Flickr

love it. 9/10. The only thing i would do is lower the shutter speed a bit so the wheels get blurred completely. other than that, great shot.

Here is a pic of a p1 from a cars an coffee a while back.

22612408592_4aa800b785_k.jpgp1 by Tauss ., on Flickr

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Here is a pic of a p1 from a cars an coffee a while back.

9/10  Great shot.  I like the square format.  I just wish I could melt all the people away in the background.

Sunset - Santorini, Greece

i-vBdD85R-X2.jpg

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

9/10  Great shot.  I like the square format.  I just wish I could melt all the people away in the background.

yeah, i wish i could get rid of the people too. Hard to do especially at such a large event as when that pic was taken.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

yeah, i wish i could get rid of the people too. Hard to do especially at such a large event as when that pic was taken.

Super strong ND filter and long exposure, it will either help remove them completely or turn them into vague blurs.

i-vBdD85R-X2.jpg

Cool photo, which ship is this?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Super strong ND filter and long exposure, it will either help remove them completely or turn them into vague blurs.

Cool photo, which ship is this?

I was just going to recommend an ND and long exposure :) 

I was in Santorini, Greece and it was just some random ship sailing into the sunset....  Very cliche, but I had to take the shot.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

9/10 Make it landscape and we have a nice pic here. :P

This one was taken on the spot for Instagram, so... It's a tad vertical AND APPARENTLY SIDEWAYS. I'm happy with how it turned out though. I wish the background would have been all black though.

22174566563_e8d4a65b63_o.jpg2015-11-04_11-06-01 by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

picture above me: i like how the background is all dark and the white pops out i wonder where the blue comes from @tmcclelland455

my picture: this picture was a real surprise to me because it was taken with my phone camera (witch isnt very good) one of my best pics as of yet.

a9smF7N.jpg

picture above me: i like how the background is all dark and the white pops out i wonder where the blue comes from @tmcclelland455

my picture: this picture was a real surprise to me because it was taken with my phone camera (witch isnt very good) one of my best pics as of yet.

-snip-

6/10, nothing to special imo, but it looks good.

I had a little fun with photoshop myself and decided to do something weird, not sure if it's multi exposure as people would normally do, but here's my attempt.

22440112108_53731432d1_o.jpgeifel case by thommy saltzherr, on Flickr

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Blue was from my wall. :P Now the better one... Also, 9/10 love the idea, hate the grain of the actual pic.

22195926543_af02061b7a_o.jpgOlaf 2 by Travis McClelland, on Flickr

Picture taken on the trusty SIII as always, with my Avant used for my lighting.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Blue was from my wall. :P Now the better one... Also, 9/10 love the idea, hate the grain of the actual pic.

Picture taken on the trusty SIII as always, with my Avant used for my lighting.

7.5/10 i like how isolated the subject is, but i feel that the lighting could be a bit more even. Maybe using something to diffuse your light source would help.

Here is a pic i took awhile back at lake taho.

22646981932_c1fef51213_k.jpgLake Taho by Tauss ., on Flickr

7/10 good photo, place looks beautiful, Just the greenery on the right of the photography annoys me. I feel like it ruins the framing with the rocks along the waters edge.

http://www.dowdenphotos.com/landscapes/kebdqx1t86qw9lg37qxq7wc0a68efk

8/10 I like it, but it is a tad generic and I would have liked some more detail on the building.

This is part of an attachment for a trailer out the back of my school, taken using a random point and shoot. Editing consisted of cropping only.

http://imgur.com/03aSJ1O

This is part of an attachment for a trailer out the back of my school, taken using a random point and shoot. Editing consisted of cropping only.

http://imgur.com/03aSJ1O

The photo has nice texture and depth, unfortunately I am not a big fan of the subject.  I would maybe try adding more contrast or saturation to make it "pop" a bit more. 6/10

Ektar 100 (shot at 400iso), Nikon f3 50mm 1.2

04NO2015-5-X2.jpg

Show me the photo

This is from my trip to South Africa

I don't know how to upload my photos to the forum.

Please "rate the photo above you" as is the title of this topic, and not just post a new picture. Thanks :)

Most folks use flickr. When you click the share feature, one option is forums/bbcode. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

@Silvercall 

7/10 I really like the shot.  I like the framing and the contrast most of all.  Only thing lowering the rating is that it loses a lot in the shadows.

I just noticed your shooting on a 35 year old film camera.  That might explain the lack of detail in the shadows.  

22601420019_05a181dccd_b.jpgDSC_0480 by Rob M, on Flickr

Shot on vacation this year.  The back ground was distracting so I had to get real tight on the sign to not have people and shit in the background.  I also just noticed I'm slightly off on my horizon but I don't feel like editing it.

Also sorry to the person above me but you didn't follow the rules so I skipped you.  The thread is literally called rate the photo above you. 

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

@rmac52  Thanks :)  I have a pretty crappy scanner so that may be the cause of the loss of shadow detail.  I like your photo btw.

@Silvercall 

7/10 I really like the shot.  I like the framing and the contrast most of all.  Only thing lowering the rating is that it loses a lot in the shadows.

I just noticed your shooting on a 35 year old film camera.  That might explain the lack of detail in the shadows.  

-snip-

C_0480 by Rob M, on Flickr

Shot on vacation this year.  The back ground was distracting so I had to get real tight on the sign to not have people and shit in the background.  I also just noticed I'm slightly off on my horizon but I don't feel like editing it.

Also sorry to the person above me but you didn't follow the rules so I skipped you.  The thread is literally called rate the photo above you. 

8.5/10 - Understanding the distracting background concern, I think it would still benefit from a little more empty space at the top and bottom

W4Fwxn6.jpg

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm Prime --- 1/60, F1.8, ISO 1600

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

8.5/10 - Understanding the distracting background concern, I think it would still benefit from a little more empty space at the top and bottom

8.5/10 I love the way in which the focus and lighting comes out to present the rabbit. Goes so well with the polished surface. 

Maybe more could be going on in the picture? Depends on what you are trying to portray though :)

qn74ee.jpg

8.5/10 I love the way in which the focus and lighting comes out to present the rabbit. Goes so well with the polished surface. 

Maybe more could be going on in the picture? Depends on what you are trying to portray though :)

-snip-

7/10 - Conceptually really cool, but too dark and the crane off to the left weakens it a bit. Would be interesting to see during dusk/dawn.

PCQzwmt.jpg

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm Prime --- F1.8, 1/2500, ISO 100 

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

9/10 - Such a nice car. Not super knowledgeable on automotive photography but the way in which the car is positioned straight on looks amazing!

I also love the way the wheels are pointed out, as if to say drive me! Again the focus is on point, the detailing of the headlights and grill is exceptional.

Not to sure about improvements, it really depends what the photograph is meant to represent!

nd37gn.jpg