Rate the Photo Above you

That picture looks pretty upsidedown...

Ill give it a 6/10 tbh. The pond just seems to muddy to take a picture of i guess lol.

anyway, i just came back from a cruise a week or 2 ago, and I took a lot of decent enough photos with my phone (LG G4)

Unfortently my phone got the dreaded bootloop problem just yesterday, and i'm trying to get it repaired, but for now I will just depend on the photos backed up to google photos, which states that they are uploaded not in high quality but original... but idk.

Heres one from Xcaret:

0642185b4e.jpg

I highly doubt it was true 'original' as this looks less detailed and more 'lighter' then it did on my phone

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

7/10 Great subjects, nice clarity, bit over exposed, rock on the right feels distracting.

G4 has such a nice camera, pretty amazing what it can do, love mine.

Just got a 'thrifty/nifty fifty' (50mm f1.8 II)for my T3 and practicing a bit with it. First day that wasn't totally balls rainy or otherwise gross outside.

IMG_1921.JPG

9/10, really loving the subject isolation and the bokeh is very nice, just a bit glaring, overall very nice shot

Took this with a Canon FD 50mm F1.8

24836394752_ef7882fbdc_k.jpgWhat Are You Looking At by Arthur Ehlert, on Flickr

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

7/10 Good photo, subject is isolated from background with good bokeh, but the subject itself looks too dark.

DSC_0035.JPG

3 hours ago, Idefix said:

7/10 Good photo, subject is isolated from background with good bokeh, but the subject itself looks too dark.

-snip-

7.5/10 I like the idea of the greenery on the tree, but I think I would've shot it with a smaller aperture to try and extend the depth of field a little further up to get more of it in focus.

Saw this guy while out taking pictures of my friend's Mustang.  He was nice enough to stop and let me take a few quick pictures.

Nikon D3200 w/ 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6

20160218-DSC_0170.thumb.jpg.b40a9c9b06a5

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

7/10 Nice car, its very sharp but the background is a bit dull kinda the orange sky and the orange of the car make it look a bit too orange looking

IPHONE 423.JPG

IPHONE 422.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

8/10. Beautiful setting and nice looking swans, good photo(s)! The shot also looks really good. Although it looks a tiny little bit unsharp.

IMG_1750.PNG

5 hours ago, RubenBoerstoel said:

8/10. Beautiful setting and nice looking swans, good photo(s)! The shot also looks really good. Although it looks a tiny little bit unsharp.

Sorry, but I just don't feel that I could rate that photo. Doesn't really work.

Here's yet another cars and coffee pic 

2016-02-29_09-45-30.thumb.jpg.69b6262875

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

14 hours ago, bob345 said:

Here's yet another cars and coffee pic 

8-10 Pretty decent picture IMO.

Mine is shot in "Ramundberget", Sweden.

With the Sony A5000 + kit lens (16-50mm) at 24mm, ISO 100, Shutter 1/500 and F/6.3

DSC01021.jpg

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Love quick action shots, and you caught this one well.

8/10 :)

I took this photo during a game of airsoft and love how its come out.

Settings: 

Nikon D7200 18-105mm @62mm ISO:1600 F6.3 1/2000th

504c44_eb18252d72af4d60b1fb90312745677d.jpg

The smoke and the lighting make the scene really "dramatic", I like everything of the picture, maybe I'd have tried to make the tree on the right fit into the photo, but it's just my OCD

9/10 :D

I took this photo in Pescasseroli: I was giving a treat to my dog, Danko (22-month-old German Shepherd, in this picture he was 15), when I realized how funny was his face. I used a Sony RX100, my main camera. f/1.8, 1/320s, ISO 200. Maybe next time I'll post a landscape I took with the LG G4 I had while my G3 was under reparations.

hypnotized_by_exentio-d94wwz2.jpg

On 3/4/2016 at 7:31 PM, Exentio said:

-snip-

Great shot. 8-9/10

Testing out macro shots on AOSP with my LG G3 :

vBVVTrL.jpg

Not as bad as I expected. Unedited. But ehehe , I managed to make it quite dramatic with some little tweaking :

Spoiler

7y1Mi9X.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

22 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

-snip-

The way the light behaves on the metal gives it a little something indeed. There's no real composition though.

6.5/10

I just got back into photography, I bought a 760d with a 50mm 1.8 to get started, now that I have a car and some spare time, I'll be able to wander about and find new subjects.

Until now I was using a Sony H50 bridge, which is getting quite old, and has a lot of limitations, that kind of got me bored lately.

Anyway, since I don't have any good recent shots yet, here's an older one of mine.

56dc94024cd9e_DSC03983-Version-3large.14

On 3/3/2016 at 0:13 PM, Snoopyuk said:

Love quick action shots, and you caught this one well.

8/10 :)

I took this photo during a game of airsoft and love how its come out.

Settings: 

Nikon D7200 18-105mm @62mm ISO:1600 F6.3 1/2000th

How did you pull that good of a shot at 1600 iso? I never go above 800 and I even hate going above 600 on my 60D 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

On 07/03/2016 at 2:32 AM, mbryant said:

How did you pull that good of a shot at 1600 iso? I never go above 800 and I even hate going above 600 on my 60D 

Shoot in raw, over expose a little and by the time you have bought it back down a little most of the noise is gone. I push as high as 3200 sometimes. Aslong as you dont make a massive print then you cant see the grain.

On 6 March 2016 at 8:36 PM, Guy_guy said:

The way the light behaves on the metal gives it a little something indeed. There's no real composition though.

6.5/10

I just got back into photography, I bought a 760d with a 50mm 1.8 to get started, now that I have a car and some spare time, I'll be able to wander about and find new subjects.

Until now I was using a Sony H50 bridge, which is getting quite old, and has a lot of limitations, that kind of got me bored lately.

Anyway, since I don't have any good recent shots yet, here's an older one of mine.

8.5/10 Love this shot, cool subject, nice composition and great bokeh. I feel it could have been slightly better if you'd extended the depth of field just a touch to get more of the leaves on the ground in focus.

I've just started shooting, got my camera under a month ago. Here's one of my favourites that I've taken so far:

P3051259.thumb.jpg.47055c81b9d8d07ac6e08

Flickr.

11 minutes ago, skippymatt said:

I've just started shooting, got my camera under a month ago. Here's one of my favourites that I've taken so far:

8/10

Really nice shot, I would have followed the rule of thirds for a nicer composition, but overall it's quite good for someone who just started.

This is what my friends chose as one of my best shots: (other shots on my 500px profile)

DSC_0077_800p.jpg

Computer Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 || Cooler: CM Hyper212 Evo || MoBo: MSI B350 Mortar || RAM Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz || PSU: Corsair CX600 || SSD: HyperX Fury 120GB & 240GB || HDD: WD Blue 1TB + 1TB 2.5'' backup drive || GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB

Laptop 1 HP x360 13-u113nl

Laptop Lenovo z50-75 with AMD FX-7500 || OS: Windows 10 / Ubuntu 17.04

DSLR Nikon D5300 w/ 18-105mm lens

1 hour ago, Snoopyuk said:

-Snip-

Perfect 10, honestly there's nothing I'd change.

Lovely colours, perfect sky, interesting subject and your levels are good!

25447874942_2b9b6ac607_c.jpgLook Up by Tobi Loholt, on Flickr

5 hours ago, KaptajnKnass said:

-Snip-

Perfect color palette, and I've always had a thing for geometric compositions.

10/10

Here's one from my first night out with my new camera.

IMG_0274-2.jpg.ae0f7382789252bdfc66b5af9

37 minutes ago, Guy_guy said:

-sniperino-

8/10 Everything is nicely composed and the reflections just add to it, I dont like how the lights look though :/ its like, slightly over exposed or smthing :/

This was taken with my phone (Motorola Moto G 2nd gen)

bpLwPmZ.jpg

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

6/10 seems a little flat unfortunately but doesnt look like it was very good lighting. Other wise good composition and great angle :) 

DSC_0455.jpg

6 hours ago, CookiezFort said:

8/10 Everything is nicely composed and the reflections just add to it, I dont like how the lights look though :/ its like, slightly over exposed or smthing :/

Thanks for the feedback. ;)

Yeah I had a few other shots I could have worked with to go HDR on those lamps, but most of the time I'd rather commit to a single shot, instead of compositing.

It might be possible to capture everything in a single clean shot, but I'm not good enough for that obviously :$.

6 minutes ago, Guy_guy said:

Thanks for the feedback. ;)

Yeah I had a few other shots I could have worked with to go HDR on those lamps, but most of the time I'd rather commit to a single shot, instead of compositing.

It might be possible to capture everything in a single clean shot, but I'm not good enough for that obviously :$.

you could try ettr or exposing to the right. Wtaht tham meas is over exsposing a stop or two to preserve shadows. Then in post, you correct the exposure and it can help you get a bit of extra dynamic range. You do have to be carefull with your highlights though as when ettr they can be really easy to over expose.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

8/10 I love the color @Snoopyuk And the way the light looks, what time of day was this at?

20160312-DSC_0018-3.thumb.jpg.c01de1bcd2

There was a Color Run today at a walking trail near me, this guy was nice enough to ride through it on his skateboard and I really like how this picture turned out.  Could've been a bit better in focus, but I'm still working on moving objects.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015