Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
Just now, TomvanWijnen said:

I actually generally eat fries/chips with mayonnaise and ketchup together.

thats really good

fries with mayo is good

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 hour ago, handymanshandle said:

I've got another: liking weird and hipsterey things just to look cool doesn't make you look cool, it just makes you look dense.

Wearing designer clothes is the same. Paying £40 vs £5 for an ironed on advert is dumb AF.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

4 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Wearing designer clothes is the same. Paying £40 vs £5 for an ironed on advert is dumb AF.

*cough Supreme*

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

*cough Supreme*

Hey I saw a Dior backpack with a price tag of £2000 in it's own house in a shop the other month. THE TOP DOESN'T EVEN ZIP UP!

https://www.dior.com/en_gb/products/couture-1ESBA102YWC_H43E-backpack-black-grained-calfskin?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqfz6BRD8ARIsAIXQCf2cvB4cPYBvIajtExJ-oCqdzhf742405lIwIZ7Ci4uk1FYqcNttXdEaAjS_EALw_wcB

18 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

Also, they're less easy to stall.

Therefore you have to engage the anti-stall system by operating the activation mechanism under your right foot. 

Berserk art sucks (manga, anime idk)

Or the illustrations are too clean, poorly detailed, and boring, or the illustrations are too heavy, there are so much details in a single scene, that makes the whole thing indistinguishable, like a patch of colour in the paper

Also the characters are pretty much poligonal.. which is meh

24 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

I agree

But the thing is that many times there is a social pressure into investing in that kind of bullcrap

Like at school, if you didn't/don't dress yourself with branded bullcrap, you could easily get mobbed

1 minute ago, Xvaster said:

I agree

But the thing is that many times there is a social pressure into investing in that kind of bullcrap

Like at school, if you didn't/don't dress yourself with branded bullcrap, you could easily get mobbed

Which is why at schools in the UK we have uniform

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

Which is why at schools in the UK we have uniform

Btw do they require to pick up some specific expensive uniforms, or are they some generic design that can be found for cheap? 

Because usually everything that is school related is expensive and useless af, like every year there is a new pricey edition of a book that is based on the same source as the first one

Just now, Xvaster said:

Btw do they require to pick up some specific expensive uniforms, or are they some generic design that can be found for cheap? 

Because usually everything that is school related is expensive and useless af, like every year there is a new pricey edition of a book that is based on the same source as the first one

We don't pay for books until Uni they're provided by the school and the uniform is generally black trousers from anywhere, white shirt, tie and blazer with the only thing you could count as being expensive being the blazer which varies from £20-40 normally. 

2 minutes ago, DistinctVillain said:

-Buying a nice car, gettind married, buying a big house, having loads of kids, having grandkids and retiring seems like a boring/depressing life to me. 

https://imgur.com/DRYpqvV

Idk how to delete those void things on mobile

24 minutes ago, DistinctVillain said:

-Consoles will always be better for competitive multiplayer gaming due cheaters. (I'm PCMR, but true unfortunately.)

How do you reconcile the gap between people who are able to plug a mouse and keyboard into their systems versus those who play on controller?  Do you segregate or let 'em go at it?

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

I like eating cucumber with the skin.

And not in slices, but munching on it.

In fact it's one of the very few fruit I can eat daily

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, DistinctVillain said:

Well i'm a controller player myself for Call of Duty and all campaign games 😅 Just because I have been a console player for many years and only switched to PCMR in 2018. I am drastically better on Call of Duty with a controller and have 3.00+ K/D however with a KB/M I only get around 1.40 K/D. I use controller for campaign games like Darksouls etc just because it's more comfortable.

I then use KB/M though for all other compettive PC games like Overwatch, anything BR related etc. 

So yeah, I don't mind if people use controller though. I understand people's annoyance at aim assist, but the reality of it after years of experience (I have also made numerous threads on this forum about this actually) an expert professional KB/M player will be better than an expert controller player. So when you get all these peeps hating on controllers players, in reality most of the time they are just lacklustre. 

Well, I guess this shows how out of touch I am with the competitive shooter genre.

I was thinking controller players would be at a distinct disadvantage over kb/m players.  

#Muricaparrotgang

Folding@Home Stats | Current PC Loadout:

Small                        Bigger				Biggerer				Biggest
Fractal Design Focus G       NZXT H1				Lian LI O11 Dynamic XL			Fractal Design Meshify C
FX-8320                      Ryzen 3 3200G			Ryzen 5 3600				Ryzen 7 3700X
120mm AIO                    120mm AIO				Custom 280mm loop			Noctua NH-D15
A motherboard                ASRock B450 mobo			MSI x570 mobo				MSI x570 mobo
16gb DDR3                    16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3200			16gb DDR4 @ 3600
a melange of HDDs/SSDs       WD 1tb m.2				WD 500gb m.2				WD 1tb m.2/2tb HDD
PNY GTX 1070 x2              GTX 1070				GTX 1070 FE				MSI RTX 2080 TI
some 650w PSU                650W SFX-L 80+ Gold		MSI RTX 2080 Super			EVGA SuperNova 750w 80+ GOLD 
								Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD

1 hour ago, akio123008 said:

Therefore you have to engage the anti-stall system by operating the activation mechanism under your right foot. 

Yeah I guess I'm just too careful (and still learning). Still, I have to do some serious work to get our diesel car to stall, while all petrol cars I've driven stalled much easier. Not a biggie, just a minor inconvenience to me.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

6 minutes ago, TomvanWijnen said:

Yeah I guess I'm just too careful (and still learning). Still, I have to do some serious work to get our diesel car to stall, while all petrol cars I've driven stalled much easier. Not a biggie, just a minor inconvenience to me.

It's very true though; petrol cars have less torque at low rpm so they're more likely to stall. 

1 hour ago, TomvanWijnen said:

And I like the sound more. ;)

What I like about the sound of diesel engines, is that even the smallest of them sound like a tractor, meaning you can be driving an absolutely tiny vehicle and still feel like you're in some sort of lorry. A diesel vehicle always sounds "bigger" than it actually is.

1 hour ago, DistinctVillain said:

-A university degree is much easier to obtain and means nothing these days.

And leaves you in more and more debt.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

And leaves you in more and more debt.

That's much more of a problem in the US than elsewhere in the world for whatever reason.

Another unpopular opinion of mine: the last half-dozen or so generations of phones have been taking backwards steps compared to ones before

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Just now, pythonmegapixel said:

Another unpopular opinion of mine: the last half-dozen or so generations of phones have been taking backwards steps compared to ones before

Features? Yes, at least physically, but software and shear power is a different beast.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Features? Yes, at least physically, but software and shear power is a different beast.

I meant the actual hardware, we can discuss the software another time.

Sure, extra power. Great. But for what? Android 10 runs beautifully on a budget Moto E from 5 years ago (flashed TWRP and a custom ROM), so it's not for the new operating system.

The trade-offs are loss of ports and really fragile glass-all-over designs.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

5 minutes ago, DistinctVillain said:

Well in the UK, they increased the cost of going to University from £6,000 to £9,000 per year in the last 10 years. Most degrees are 3 years so that's £27,000 and not including materials, student accommodation etc. 

However the student loans are a lot more forgiving; it's pretty rare to be on the hook for more than you can afford.

pythonmegapixel

3 minutes ago, DistinctVillain said:

Well in the UK, they increased the cost of going to University from £6,000 to £9,000 per year in the last 10 years. Most degrees are 3 years so that's £27,000 and not including materials, student accommodation etc. 

Most US unis that’s like a year. Maybe 1.5. Higher costs can be that much a. Month iirc.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

DC > Marvel.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

11 hours ago, DistinctVillain said:

If I had invested the time I put into controller onto KB/M I would probably be really good at KB/M which I would have preferred because the skill ceiling for KB/M is higher in my opinion. 

Aimlabs and kovaak make you really good really quick if you bother to use it frequently. I spend like 10-15 mins the days i can game. Went from 2.4 targets per second to 3.9 in a month.

(Fairly sure you can use controllers om trainers too)

what if life is just a lucid dream.... that explains many things like why we forget what happend to us as a baby and forget most of the older stuff as we grow older....

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."