Your unpopular (non-political, non-offensive) opinions!

pythonmegapixel
1 hour ago, Lii said:

Multilanguages are a waste of time and money

It should be imposed a singular language, and not, English is not fulfilling the purpose as long it is learned as a second language, 

With multilanguages, do you mean learning multiple languages? If so, I agree, if I wouldn't have learned English as my second language, you wouldn't have to see me around here. :D

In all seriousness, I disagree. I think learning another language opens up many possibilities. Me being able to do stuff in English allows me to understand so much more content, learn more, have more fun, et cetera. And all it cost me was 0 money. I learned all my English through school and by myself. Even so, I definitely would be willing to pay to get to the level of English I'm at today.

And it doesn't just end at English for me. I also know a fair bit of German. Very useful when going on holidays to a German speaking country, or when something is in German. I also know a bit of French. Useful for the same reasons as why German is useful. The bits of Latin and Greek I know also help me understand different languages better. :)

All in all, I'm very happy that I got to learn more languages than just my first language. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

5 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Game of Thrones just wasn't that great. I got to season 5 and decided I just couldn't be bothered any more, didn't care who got the iron throne at the end, didn't care what happened to the characters, just meh.

What is Game of Thrones? 

Anyone triggered yet?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

33 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

What is Game of Thrones? 

Anyone triggered yet?

lol I've never watched it, nor do I even know what it is about. :D

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

1 hour ago, TomvanWijnen said:

With multilanguages, do you mean learning multiple languages? If so, I agree, if I wouldn't have learned English as my second language, you wouldn't have to see me around here. :D

In all seriousness, I disagree. I think learning another language opens up many possibilities. Me being able to do stuff in English allows me to understand so much more content, learn more, have more fun, et cetera. And all it cost me was 0 money. I learned all my English through school and by myself. Even so, I definitely would be willing to pay to get to the level of English I'm at today.

And it doesn't just end at English for me. I also know a fair bit of German. Very useful when going on holidays to a German speaking country, or when something is in German. I also know a bit of French. Useful for the same reasons as why German is useful. The bits of Latin and Greek I know also help me understand different languages better. :)

All in all, I'm very happy that I got to learn more languages than just my first language. :)

I do mean that different languages are a waste of money/time

Meanwhile a singular language for everything could potentially save time/money

But if you do like to learn new languages, that's great, though it's subjective

Objectively a single language could save a lot of time and money over unnecessary translations

8 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Society cannot help those in need, unless their willing to step up to the plate themselves.

That sentence doesn't make any sense to me... could you explain what you mean?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

8 hours ago, Lii said:

I do mean that different languages are a waste of money/time

Meanwhile a singular language for everything could potentially save time/money

But if you do like to learn new languages, that's great, though it's subjective

Objectively a single language could save a lot of time and money over unnecessary translations

Yeah I do agree that a singular language would make many things easier. Unfortunately, that's not present in this world so I'm much better off just learning some of the current languages.

Once you have mustard, you don’t need ketchup anymore. 

On 9/23/2020 at 11:15 AM, NineEyeRon said:

All food is just a vehicle for dipping sauce

*puts sriracha on everything*

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

5 minutes ago, fpo said:

Once you have mustard, you don’t need ketchup anymore. 

On hotdogs yes. Prefer Ketchup on hamburgers. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I dunno if this is political or not, but I'm glad I grew up in America and not overseas. 

To give you some context, I'm a Hispanic military brat. I'm Mexican, to be exact, and had I been born overseas, it definitely would've been far more awkward to be born overseas and being around groups of what would predominately be a singular race than it would've been over here. 

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, TotallyNotGigabit said:

I can't stand pizza even though I tried it.

😮

I couldn't live without Pizza. And hell Im lactose intolerant and I still eat pizza. Explosive diarrhea is not going to stop me from eating pizza. 💩

4 hours ago, Donut417 said:

😮

I couldn't live without Pizza. And hell Im lactose intolerant and I still eat pizza. Explosive diarrhea is not going to stop me from eating pizza. 💩

*Lactose intolerance fist bump *. What gets me isn’t the trots.  It’s when the gas gets so bad i get double over in pain cramps.  I find that “real” cheese is a lot less crushing. The older the better.  I try to go for sharp cheddar and Swiss.  Something where real cheese critters got to eat on the stuff for a good long while.  It’s the Proccessed cheese that I have to avoid.   The only thing that gets me harder than “American” cheese are those happy cow “Gouda” things. A couple of those little “mini wheels” and I’m down for the count.

*also still eats pizza*

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

20 minutes ago, Benji said:

Imagine having both due to major depression and social anxiety, and not due to food intolerances and instead all the time uncontrollably ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you try those lactase pills that you can get? Maybe they're an option should you decide to eat dairy-containing products.

They don’t work on gas.  You’ve got to know you’ve eaten something before the gas builds up.  Simethicone for that.  The lactase pills never impressed me much for efficacy.  Depression and anxiety have different drugs.  They’re not over-the-counter though.  Well most arent.  Nicotine is a major anti-anxiety.  Shouldn’t be over-the-counter.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Japanese mayo (kewpie) and normal mayo is not the same

cant believe people use normal mayo as substitute for japanese recipes 🤢

and only the original red kewpie is good, the rest are trash

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Trying to sell items outside of stores should be illegal. I understand that you being in a highly visible area is likely that you will get more sales or donations based on the exposure but staring someone down and making them incredibly uncomfortable is not the proper way to do it.

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

2 minutes ago, Minicoop said:

Trying to sell items outside of stores should be illegal. I understand that you being in a highly visible area is likely that you will get more sales or donations based on the exposure but staring someone down and making them incredibly uncomfortable is not the proper way to do it.

Im fine with it as long as its food. Though my niece is in the Girl Scouts so I have my cookie dealer already. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Im fine with it as long as its food. Though my niece is in the Girl Scouts so I have my cookie dealer already. 

I can be fine with Girl Scout/ Boy Scout something kid related because I know what it's for but I get really annoyed when it's a grown ass man/woman standing there obviously selling stuff they bought at a discount shelf trying to turn a quick buck for who knows what. Also hate more than anything when people try pushing into someone to join their church and almost in a stalker type way follow you regardless if you have told them no.

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

38 minutes ago, Minicoop said:

try pushing into someone to join their church and almost in a stalker type way follow you regardless if you have told them no.

That made me giggle. I’ve had this happen at a few places. 

Cats are not better than dogs, nor dogs better than cats. They are both amazing animals equally, provided the owner treats and trains them right.

6 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Cats are not better than dogs, nor dogs better than cats. They are both amazing animals equally, provided the owner treats and trains them right.

I can't stress the highlighted part enough.

I don't mind well-trained dogs. In fact, I've even held leads for owners before when asked, so that they can open a gate / pick something up that they dropped / whatever.

However where I live, the vast majority are not well trained. Often I have dogs jump on me while I'm out walking (I don't care that "donnnn't worrrryyyyyyy heeeeee wooooonnnn't biiiiiiiiite!!", perhaps I don't want my personal space infringed by someone else's dog) which would be vaguely OK I guess if the owner made an effort to get them off, but usually they don't.

I think this comes from an assumption that everyone is a dog lover - PSA, they're not.

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

I eat the entire apple. 🍎

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

Yup, went to a relative of mine recently and one of the people that live in the same apartment building has a Pomeranian or something like that, and that thing tried to jump at me and bite me, so yeah. But as long as these ladies have a stylish, small, annoying purse dog it's all fine. Fido only needs to look good, why should be behave good?

Pomeranians are famously mean.  There also stinky.

1 minute ago, Benji said:

So, you mean just like Chihuahuas? Such a thing exists in a neighbours garden and it NEVER shuts up and barks at literally everyone and everything in a 30ft radius.

I dunno.  I don’t know much about chihuahuas. The various breeds have various reps.  Some of the have to do with how and why they were bred.  A lot of dog breeds are working dogs.  As a random example Dobermans are famous for being OCD.  It’s what made them good guard dogs.  Things that are even slightly out of place bother them.  It can also make them eat their puppies. 

My understanding is the rep of Pomeranians is to be bitey, and their really dense fur can make them stink.  They need to be bathed or something.  I don’t know how it works or why.  I’ve never had a dog.  The only thing I’ve ever heard about chihuahuas as a breed is a tendency for a stand on the hind legs begging behavior.