LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, Unilevers said:

AHHH dam you pci1x risers!!  why have you forsaken my 27 1070's!

i am literally start going to start breaking out motherboards here to get full slots.  My previous statement about the 1070's only being throttled by ~25% on pci1x risers was false, once under sustained load i am seeing a 50% reduction.  that and i cant get WU for gpu for anything.

i see im going to have to build some dedicated folding setups.

Do they even sell x2 or x4 PCIe riser cables?  I've never seen them.  Have seen the x1 cables and x1 USB-f#$kery ones as well as full x16's.

22 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Looks wonderful! Thankfully the D15s has a cut out to allow for better ram clearance, and is off set to it’s not to close to GPUs that are at the very top slot.

My 5820k doesn’t exceed 60 degrees even under intel burn test, or prime 95 with it. Then again with age it only holds a clock at 4ghz as opposed to the 4.3 it had at launch.

My the folding gods bless us with more WUs

Lol same keyboard too, and I almost bought that monitor but found im not a big fan of 21:9

I've only seen my system get CPU and GPU work at the same time once sadly :( Most of the time its one or the other. I am currently doing a GPU one

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

Just checked... TOP 250 the most productive (24h AVG) folders/users list worldwide contains 29 from Team LTT... teams above LTT have just a fraction of that. This is truly a team effort...

...BTW: no promises... I try to creep up myself somehow into that production rate... hopefully it´s possible... 

🇫🇮 Regular ol folder´s Stats... What Event 🤪                            

Main PC: 8700K & MSI 2080Ti Seahawk

Utility PC: Threadripper 1920x & MSI 2080 Seahawk

Dedicated to the Fold: i7 2600K & MSI 1080Ti OC Armor

...good to be back to folding...   🇫🇮

4 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

Do they even sell x2 or x4 PCIe riser cables?  I've never seen them.  Have seen the x1 cables and x1 USB-f#$kery ones as well as full x16's.

im not 100% sure, mine are the powered x1 miner risers as i am using my miners.  Problem is the motherboard is a miner board and it has too many slots and not enough pci lanes to load up the 10 cards i have per miner.  miners/miner motherboards = not good for folding

i will remedy this somehow

1 minute ago, LU0P10 said:

Just checked... TOP 250 the most productive (24h AVG) folders/users list worldwide contains 29 from Team LTT... teams above LTT have just a fraction of that. This is truly a team effort...

...BTW: no promises... I try to creep up myself somehow into that production rate... hopefully it´s possible... 

24 hour average is a terrible way to do it, look at update or today for a more accurate representation 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, Unilevers said:

AHHH dam you pci1x risers!!  why have you forsaken my 27 1070's!

i am literally start going to start breaking out motherboards here to get full slots.  My previous statement about the 1070's only being throttled by ~25% on pci1x risers was false, once under sustained load i am seeing a 50% reduction.  that and i cant get WU for gpu for anything.

i see im going to have to build some dedicated folding setups.

These and one of these if your motherboard supports PCIe bifuraction will give you additional PCIe x16 slots running at x4 which should be enough.

Wort case if your motherboards support SLI (x8/x8) you can slot 2 cards into the x16s and a third into the PCIe x16 off the chipset. The chipset one might be a little slower but should work

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

24 hour average is a terrible way to do it, look at update or today for a more accurate representation 

Yeah. I know... it just tells me about something to which level of production I might be able reach and might be able to upkeep (at least for a while)... I know it fluctuates probably a lot with others too...

🇫🇮 Regular ol folder´s Stats... What Event 🤪                            

Main PC: 8700K & MSI 2080Ti Seahawk

Utility PC: Threadripper 1920x & MSI 2080 Seahawk

Dedicated to the Fold: i7 2600K & MSI 1080Ti OC Armor

...good to be back to folding...   🇫🇮

44 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

There will be lots of CPU WUs for your systems. A large batch for potential therapeutic candidates are just finishing beta

If you can be bothered, I can't, you could feed back WUs are getting put out in to the system that hard error when you have 96 cores. Got nuked by one today and has been a problem last year too. Workaround is to create two CPU slots assigned 48 cores each.

Edit:

ERROR:Fatal error:
ERROR:There is no domain decomposition for 72 ranks that is compatible with the given box and a minimum cell size of 1$
ERROR:Change the number of ranks or mdrun option -rcon or -dds or your LINCS settings

The problem is when it happens it takes the system down forever and it keeps trying to rerun the WU and it fails, never aborts, so dead till dead of time.

9 minutes ago, KenjiS9965 said:

Lol same keyboard too, and I almost bought that monitor but found im not a big fan of 21:9

I've only seen my system get CPU and GPU work at the same time once sadly :( Most of the time its one or the other. I am currently doing a GPU one

I love 21:9. Started I with the OG LG 34UM95-P, and after moving to normal 1440p for 120hz missed it too much. 

Ive been getting a good amount of dual GPU WUs. Found if I include my CPU i still only get 2 at a time. Better having the two graphics cards working, than CPU and a single card.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

3 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

I love 21:9. Started I with the OG LG 34UM95-P, and after moving to normal 1440p for 120hz missed it too much. 

Ive been getting a good amount of dual GPU WUs. Found if I include my CPU i still only get 2 at a time. Better having the two graphics cards working, than CPU and a single card.

Kinda wish i had a spare GPU kicking around but oh well :( I gifted my 970 to a friend and i sold off my 980 Ti when i got the 1080 Ti

*edit* I tried one of the Samsung ultrawides ages ago and at the time it had issues with a bunch of the games I was playing which made me return it. I'm a big fan of HDR and have been really enjoying my Predator X27 in the games that support it (Even if they dont having full array local dimming always makes things look better)

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

23 minutes ago, WhiteCoffee said:

Any ideea why it does this?
It estimates ~100-120k credits when it starts working on the WU, the actual folding takes ~2h, spends around 5-10m to upload, and then it gives me the base credits. Why?

Also, when it's folding, the f@h client estimates ~1.3-1.5m PPD. 

If you just started you probably haven't returned your 10 successful WUs needed to qualify for the bonus.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Question about points:

I was running for about 8 hours yesterday and completed 10 WUs for an average of ~4000 points each. The client showed an estimate of ~110,000 PPD. My current stats (both on the client and on Extreme Overclocking) show that I have 2,200 points. Why is there a discrepancy? Here's my profile:

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=1013322

I'm obviously not doing this competitively, but I just want to make sure that the team is credited with the correct number of points.

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

If you just started you probably haven't returned your 10 successful WUs needed to qualify for the bonus.

also I have seen many unconfirmed reports that QRB not take 20WUs but I'm unsure.

Also points corrections happen from time to time when the stats servers don't award QRB for some time and then day or weeks later it all syncs up and it gets awarded. Just ask @leadeater when he tried to cheat during folding month!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, badreg said:

Question about points:

I was running for about 8 hours yesterday and completed 10 WUs for an average of ~4000 points each. The client showed an estimate of ~110,000 PPD. My current stats (both on the client and on Extreme Overclocking) show that I have 2,200 points. Why is there a discrepancy? Here's my profile:

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=1013322

I'm obviously not doing this competitively, but I just want to make sure that the team is credited with the correct number of points.

Read my last post about points sometimes getting awarded wonkily 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Just ask @leadeater when he tried to cheat during folding month!

His desire to past me in rank knows no limits

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

His desire to past me in rank knows no limits

WE ALL KNOW IT WAS HIM!!! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Read my last post about points sometimes getting awarded wonkily 

Thanks for the reply. I will just keep everything running and let it sort itself out.

By the way, can I still get added to the event? This is my first time, and I didn't realize that I had to sign up. I've been running the client since the event started. If not, no worries.

a bit thanks and shoutout to @GOTSpectrum for all his efferts managing this: it's you that made it possible for all of us to crank numbers!

Grazie!!

1 minute ago, alexl83 said:

a bit thanks and shoutout to @GOTSpectrum for all his efferts managing this: it's you that made it possible for all of us to crank numbers!

Grazie!!

As I just said on the blog..

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

It was no easy task in 20-30% the time we usually take for an event and its still a little rough.

Once again I wanna thank @j1philli and @Metallus97 for really pulling together with data handling and the FAQ.

And @leadeater for smashing out a script that seriously helps reduce the work load! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 minutes ago, alexl83 said:

Grazie!!

Im learning quite a bit! I hope what @GOTSpectrum can fix that issue with the duplicated folding name for my numbers :)

19 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

That's the problem, I have 33 WUs done, out of which 3 or 4 have returned base credit (all the ones from today, that is). Before this, my credit per wu was ok, between 95 and 135k.

edit: this it what it looks like when it's folding, everything normal as usualScreenshot_125.thumb.jpg.ab889826b093d0f0c8f256150f3c12ce.jpg

Edited by WhiteCoffee

Thanks to everyone who made it possible, I know with the number of people involved it wasnt easy and stuff :)

16 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

also I have seen many unconfirmed reports that QRB not take 20WUs but I'm unsure.

I can produce a graph to show it took me 20

Spoiler

84CAF0D8-05E7-4B68-9511-1A425CAA9024.jpeg

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

50 minutes ago, J1mjam said:

Havnt had a GPU workload all day since about 4am in the morning.  I'm just being ignored by the FAH overlords.

CPU has been pretty busy, mind. 

Haven't been getting any GPU ones either. 

Also, anyone else have the same problem as me where my computer completely locks up when folding GPU unless I turn off my monitor? 

--- Purple Prime ---
i7 8700k + Hyper 212 Evo | MSI Z370 Gaming Pro CarbonG-Skill Trident Z 3000Mhz RGB 16GB | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti

Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM850i | Fractal Design Define R4LG 27UD68-P | Logitech G502 + G910 | Windows 10 Pro

--- Proteus Server ---

AyyMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Asrock B450m Pro-4 | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) | Sapphire RX570 NITRO+ 8GB

Crucial MX500 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB + Seagate 1TB 2.5" + 5TB iDrive  | Windows 10 Pro (Temporary)

--- Camera Stuff ---
Canon EOS 77D | Canon EF-S 18-55 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM 
Zoom H5 + XY-5
Phone - Oneplus 6T