LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

So regarding this, do I count as "Active" if I don't get any WUs in a day but I'm set to ready? The drought is getting kind of bad for WUs for me😅

No because the only way we can tell if you are active is to complete a WU, shouldn't be too hard to do that on 10 separate days.

3 minutes ago, leadeater said:

No power limits here

-snip-

Nearly 2kw for only ~4m PPD, not the most efficient lol.

Two quad 8890v4 servers arent exactly the pinnacle of power efficiency

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

So regarding this, do I count as "Active" if I don't get any WUs in a day but I'm set to ready? The drought is getting kind of bad for WUs for me😅

ATM technically active is considered as submitting one WU per 24 hour period based on GMT. But the requirements may be relaxed or waived entirely, I will look at the first few days and if we are seeing higher than normal numbers of people who are not hitting the requirements they will be changed.

The requirements are not meant to be hit by everyone, just the vast majority, it's one of the ways we push people to fold more!

FYI in previous events we has around 70-80% of people hit it exceed the minimum requirements. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, TrueMad said:

Good luck and happy folding !!

Found a very durable setup for 24/7

10 CPU @ 2,6Ghz (i7-9750H)

GPU (RTX2070 Max-Q)

image.png.34abe6e49b124ba410ee9e707fbe2352.png

image.png.4d76ba60c1b855f0aa1a0bc461d434c4.png

image.png.a0281ffe799e4626b68eab133906791d.png

On my x99 system I am expecting up times of 100 days or more...

She doesnt like rebooting as the bios chip is failing the poor thing. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

47 minutes ago, SpiritWrath said:

I tried it before a few years ago and for a reason I don't quite remember disliked it. So far I had no problems with Precision X1, but on the other hand this is the first time I used 2 GPU's at the same time. I guess I could give Afterburner a retry.

As for why I have CC and MC so low? Honestly, I read that people underclocked their GPU's because of thermals/fan noise, so I just yanked it to the left and it worked/was stable, so I left it there.... Maybe not the smartest choice in general, but eh x) (I have really not much of a clue about GPU over- or underclocking, so yeah.)

You do not "have a clue" about overclocking but you decided to lower everything down to minimum? That isn't really a smart choice...

You should learn a bit before you start changing clocks, but for now, stick to default clocks and only change Power Limit if you need less heat/noise.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

46 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Oh jaysus, I think my X99 motherboard's USB ports are going. It's not just the mouse that's randomly reconnecting, and losing the ability to press some buttons. Happening to external drives, and my keyboard. When it happens to the keyboard it decided to get a keystuck.

Gotta lock windows, unplug the USB devices, and plug them back in; or restart.

This damn board is pushing 6 years, it better last for this folding challenge, and until Zen3 is out!

Now I just need my PSU to blow as well....please no.

That happened to my 2600k system which was one of the reasons i ended up getting the 6700k (Boy wish I had listened to my inner voice and gone with the 5820k instead but thats another matter) lost most of the USB ports and one memory channel

Would getting a replacement X99 board be reasonable? I dont follow the used market much

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

3 minutes ago, Favebook said:

You do not "have a clue" about overclocking but you decided to lower everything down to minimum? That isn't really a smart choice...

You should learn a bit before you start changing clocks, but for now, stick to default clocks and only change Power Limit if you need less heat/noise.

I wanted to argue that it would just have been my GPU jumping the shark, but perhaps me posting that screenshot with not only the changed power limit but also clocks might make other people do the same, so I won't. (Although I never mentioned clocks in my post...)

Because you didn't make it sound like a smart choice, I have already reverted my settings to stock, besides the power limit, so no worries there.

I've been folding for two weeks now... I got 9.5M points, when my combined GPU power estimates 3.5M a day... That means that I've managed to fold for roughly 20% of the time, even though the main rig with 2080Ti was supposed to be folding 24/7.

On one hand I really am glad people are willing to help with the project, but it is really concerning that the situation is not improving - there was probably 2 GPU WUs available for me in the last 48 hours. I hope Linus and Jakkuh have the server project as their top priority, though it's still unclear whether youtube is demonetizing the videos mentioning the C-word...

1 minute ago, N.tony said:

I've been folding for two weeks now... I got 9.5M points, when my combined GPU power estimates 3.5M a day... That means that I've managed to fold for roughly 20% of the time, even though the main rig with 2080Ti was supposed to be folding 24/7.

On one hand I really am glad people are willing to help with the project, but it is really concerning that the situation is not improving - there was probably 2 GPU WUs available for me in the last 48 hours. I hope Linus and Jakkuh have the server project as their top priority, though it's still unclear whether youtube is demonetizing the videos mentioning the C-word...

I have been folding full tilt for the past few days with very few stuck slots, it seems to be improving for most. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 minutes ago, KenjiS9965 said:

That happened to my 2600k system which was one of the reasons i ended up getting the 6700k (Boy wish I had listened to my inner voice and gone with the 5820k instead but thats another matter) lost most of the USB ports and one memory channel

Would getting a replacement X99 board be reasonable? I dont follow the used market much

The 5820K was one of the best buys I've had since the old AMD 4600X2's. Kicking myself I missed out on a second 5960X that a friend was selling for £250 two years ago.

I'll be looking about for mobo, but I think getting a PCIe USB card might be a cheaper solution for now.

I can deal without the external raid arrays, thankfully don't need them since work sent a system for, well work.

Just gotta hold off for Zen 3 to see what that brings. I can slap down and get a 9900K, or 3900X system, but I'd rather wait for newer stuff. I tend to only upgrade my base system at least every 3 years, but the 5820K, and X99 has been so damn solid.

Edit: Hol'up!

I'm a fool! I actually have a replacement CPU ready and waiting lol. I got an Anniversay Ryzen 2700X; just need a Mobo, and I can repurpose the 32GB ram I got right now, even if it's ancient 2400Mhz stick.

It's just sitting with my other collectibles lol

KxcJoHk.jpg?1

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Hey, so it looks like every time I fold something and get some points, they just slowly disappear? I had about 300 points when I woke up my pc this morning after it had been folding all night, and those points just slowly disappeared until it was at 0. Is this normal?

Edit: Is it because its "Points Per Day" so my points from last night don't appear?

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I have been folding full tilt for the past few days with very few stuck slots, it seems to be improving for most. 

Same, Now i seem to be pretty reliably getting WUs, But I also point out im not folding 24/7, I'm folding only when I'm doing other things and pausing it to go play games for a few.

Right now its getting some extra time because Fate/Grand Order just dropped a new chapter so I'm playing that while watching season 2 of Westworld while my PC is folding away :)

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

2 minutes ago, KenjiS9965 said:

Same, Now i seem to be pretty reliably getting WUs, But I also point out im not folding 24/7, I'm folding only when I'm doing other things and pausing it to go play games for a few.

Right now its getting some extra time because Fate/Grand Order just dropped a new chapter so I'm playing that while watching season 2 of Westworld while my PC is folding away :)

So you're who's getting all my WUs at the moment!  Share dude! I'm 1/4 right now.

7 minutes ago, Waikano said:

So a lot of the charts people are posting show LTT at the top, or there abouts, but on Folding at home it shows Curecoin!! Who the heck are they?

https://stats.foldingathome.org/teams

A little google search would net a lot of results for you. But basically, they are kind of mining team which actually folds and gets coins in return.

5 minutes ago, AthruNe said:

Hey, so it looks like every time I fold something and get some points, they just slowly disappear? I had about 300 points when I woke up my pc this morning after it had been folding all night, and those points just slowly disappeared until it was at 0. Is this normal?

Those are estimated points that you will earn if you fold 24/7 with that configuration. Those are not your points. Check your points on EoC webpage.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

1 minute ago, Valentyn said:

The 5820K was one of the best buys I've had since the old AMD 4600X2's. Kicking myself I missed out on a second 5960X that a friend was selling for £250 two years ago.

I'll be looking about for mobo, but I think getting a PCIe USB card might be a cheaper solution for now.

I can deal without the external raid arrays, thankfully don't need them since work sent a system for, well work.

Just gotta hold off for Zen 3 to see what that brings. I can slap down and get a 9900K, or 3900X system, but I'd rather wait for newer stuff. I tend to only upgrade my base system at least every 3 years, but the 5820K, and X99 has been so damn solid.

Looking back on it, my 6700k machine was a build of so many regrets. I ignored myself and listened to reviewers a little too much, The case I picked had abysmal thermals I had to brute force with a bunch of expensive Noctua Professional PPC fans, the 6700k wasnt that huge of a upgrade over the 2600k (Especially as I had a pretty poor OCing sample that I could only force to 4.6ghz) Now, thats not saying the 6700k was a bad cpu, it really wasnt, but it just wasnt the best upgrade for me and I should have ignored the reviews telling me "oh if you clock the 6700k to 4.7 it beats the 5820 all the time!" Live and learn, corrected all those errors when I built my 3900X rig which has felt like a significant upgrade in everything I do constantly, No regrets (Except the ram. My pocket hurts from the cost of the ram)

Yeah true enough if a usb pcie card will get you another year out of it do it ;)

Just hit 500K points with this last WU. Glad to be a part of this! I've got my main rig folding overnight at full power and during the day in the background while im WFH and I have my shitbox server held together with duct tape and dreams doing it's best. Plus my PC at work going at it too.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: CDN$ 10292 (CDN$ 3114 with sales)
  • Games owned: 729
  • Games played: 441 (60%)
  • Hours on record: 4,736.7h

4 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

So you're who's getting all my WUs at the moment!  Share dude! I'm 1/4 right now.

im on 7/7!!! Woop!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Also this forum hates me and my giant blog posts...

image.png.afece9507a13017ce5c9338231db980b.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, Favebook said:

A little google search would net a lot of results for you. But basically, they are kind of mining team which actually folds and gets coins in return.

Those are estimated points that you will earn if you fold 24/7 with that configuration. Those are not your points. Check your points on EoC webpage.

Okay, thanks for explaining that for me, I was really confused for a while there.

Out of WUs, again. Good thing Rosetta's still keeping my CPU busy.

Edited by TH1813254617
Accidentally quoted someone, removed the quote. Also, typo...

My CPU and GPU have stayed pretty busy for a couple days. GPU is the only one out of WU's at the moment.

A Mazda on its roof goes WOOZ WOOZ.

1 minute ago, KenjiS9965 said:

Looking back on it, my 6700k machine was a build of so many regrets. I ignored myself and listened to reviewers a little too much, The case I picked had abysmal thermals I had to brute force with a bunch of expensive Noctua Professional PPC fans, the 6700k wasnt that huge of a upgrade over the 2600k (Especially as I had a pretty poor OCing sample that I could only force to 4.6ghz) Now, thats not saying the 6700k was a bad cpu, it really wasnt, but it just wasnt the best upgrade for me and I should have ignored the reviews telling me "oh if you clock the 6700k to 4.7 it beats the 5820 all the time!" Live and learn, corrected all those errors when I built my 3900X rig which has felt like a significant upgrade in everything I do constantly, No regrets (Except the ram. My pocket hurts from the cost of the ram)

Yeah true enough if a usb pcie card will get you another year out of it do it ;)

I had the same thing happen to me!

When I built my system initially, I went with a Corsair H110iGT AIO cooler, reviews claimed it was amazing, and "oh so silent", and I went with the NZXT H440 chassis because it was apparently good at being silent also.

Turned out both were mediocre at best. The case was a hotbox; and cooler unless set to silent was like a hair dryer. I also tried remedying it with Noctua PPC fans to help temps.
Eventually the pump died, and I switched to a Noctua D15s, and Phanteks Enthoo Luxe chassis. Everything set to low, and at most you get a light hum during project work, or folding from it.

Ram is always a pain, I got RAM when it first launched and price...oh god, nearly as much as the mobo and CPU combined.
Screenshot_953.png.72becbb0ebbffca17452430051f66e3d.png

Speaking of 3900X, are you folding with it? What are the temps like?

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q