LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Yeah looks like my 1700X and 1060 6GB arent fast enough to be considered.
hehehe been waiting for hours for it to even start.
If that measn more powerfull machines getting the WU's first im all for it. Just hope LTT can put up that server soon so it can offload some of the others. 🙂

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

27 minutes ago, leadeater said:

If you can be bothered, I can't, you could feed back WUs are getting put out in to the system that hard error when you have 96 cores. Got nuked by one today and has been a problem last year too. Workaround is to create two CPU slots assigned 48 cores each.

Edit:

The problem is when it happens it takes the system down forever and it keeps trying to rerun the WU and it fails, never aborts, so dead till dead of time.

Thanks - That is a known issue I've seen reported by a few people with Epyc processors.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access Folding GPU Profiling ToU Scheduling UPS

Systems:

desktop: Lian-Li O11 Air Mini; Asus ProArt x670 WiFi; Ryzen 9 7950x; EVGA 240 CLC; 4 x 32GB DDR5-5600; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe3 NVMe; 2 x 8TB NAS; AMD FirePro W4100; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair SF750

nas1: Fractal Node 804; SuperMicro X10sl7-f; Xeon e3-1231v3; 4 x 8GB DDR3-1666 ECC; 2 x 250GB Samsung EVO Pro SSD; 7 x 4TB Seagate NAS; Corsair HX650i

nas2: Synology DS-123j; 2 x 6TB WD Red Plus NAS

nas3: Synology DS-224+; 2 x 12TB Seagate NAS

dcn01: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 9 5900x; Noctua NH-D15; 4 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750Mx

dcn02: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3950x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; 2 x Zotac AMP 4070ti; Corsair RM750x

dcn03: Fractal Meshify C; Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900k; BeQuiet! PureRock 2 Black; 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400; 128GB SATA m.2; MSI 4070 Ti Super Gaming X; MSI 4070 Ti Super Ventus 2; Corsair TX650m

dcn05: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SATA NVMe; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair TX750m

dcn06: Fractal Focus G Mini; Gigabyte Aorus b450m; Ryzen 7 2700; AMD Wraith; 2 x 8GB DDR 4-3200; 128GB SSD; Gigabyte Gaming RTX 4080 Super; Corsair CX650m

5 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

If that measn more powerfull machines getting the WU's first im all for it. Just hope LTT can put up that server soon so it can offload some of the others. 🙂

I doubt it. I'm 'only' using a 980ti and have been getting about 80% of the WU's I could do the last 24-36 hours. You're probably unlucky or should restart the client if you've been waiting for a lot of hours. 

4 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Definitely not, My 1080ti got a work unit last night. It hasn't had one since. 

--- Purple Prime ---
i7 8700k + Hyper 212 Evo | MSI Z370 Gaming Pro CarbonG-Skill Trident Z 3000Mhz RGB 16GB | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti

Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM850i | Fractal Design Define R4LG 27UD68-P | Logitech G502 + G910 | Windows 10 Pro

--- Proteus Server ---

AyyMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Asrock B450m Pro-4 | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) | Sapphire RX570 NITRO+ 8GB

Crucial MX500 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB + Seagate 1TB 2.5" + 5TB iDrive  | Windows 10 Pro (Temporary)

--- Camera Stuff ---
Canon EOS 77D | Canon EF-S 18-55 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM 
Zoom H5 + XY-5
Phone - Oneplus 6T

well guys, I gotta eat, so most AFK/switching to mobile for the next hour or so. 

I'll try to be active where I can!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

I have a 1700x, and though it doesn't contribute much relative to my GPU it's still working at 50k a day or so at least

3 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

I doubt it. I'm 'only' using a 980ti and have been getting about 80% of the WU's I could do the last 24-26 hours. You're probablt unlucky or should restart the client if you've been waiting for a lot of hours. 

Thanks for the info, i will indeed not stop trying, but isnt a 980Ti more powerful then this mere 1060?
Anyway thanks for the hint i restarted the client, shall see what future brings. 🙂

Just now, HanZie82 said:

Thanks for the info, i will indeed not stop trying, but isnt a 980Ti more powerful then this mere 1060?
Anyway thanks for the hint i restarted the client, shall see what future brings. 🙂

Well yes, it's similair to a 1070, but that's not a massive gap anymore theses days. If you're hours without a new WU you can force it to find an other server and try again by hitting pause and then fold (essentially tuning it off and on again:) ) in the advanced view. You can also keep more detailed track of what it's doing in the log tab of the advanced view. It takes a bit more than just clicking fold which makes it more fun imho.

4 minutes ago, j0hn0b said:

I have a 1700x, and though it doesn't contribute much relative to my GPU it's still working at 50k a day or so at least

And as far as I understand it there are also WU that are only for cpu. If a gpu could be used for everything and was better than a cpu then why would something like PrimeGird only use cpus?

2 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

Well yes, it's similair to a 1070, but that's not a massive gap anymore theses days. If you're hours without a new WU you can force it to find an other server and try again by hitting pause and then fold (essentially tuning it off and on again:) ) in the advanced view. You can also keep more detailed track of what it's doing in the log tab of the advanced view. It takes a bit more than just clicking fold which makes it more fun imho.

Agreed, but then seeing the log just churn out No WU's available for this config one after another is less then ideal. :)

7 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Agreed, but then seeing the log just churn out No WU's available for this config one after another is less then ideal. :)

Indeed. That's where you, the human, come into this equation. The machine will do the bulk of the work (indirectly fueled by your money), but it needs you to push a few buttons, GL and see you on the other side of 500k points 😬👍

My brother's stats on folding for the last couple weeks don't seem so great

image.png.42b460d4e62237a8c36d3deeaf360258.png

only 3 work units? His titan deserves a lot more.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Well.. too bad what I ended being left out since the folding@home system allowed to a duplicated user name exist between me and another person... just change my folding user, bad to loose the credits, but the WUs results are going to be put in a good use anywa.

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

My brother's stats on folding for the last couple weeks don't seem so great

image.png.42b460d4e62237a8c36d3deeaf360258.png

only 3 work units? His titan deserves a lot more.

Passkey bonus's dont activate till after 10 WU's are completed.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, Shigeru said:

Well.. too bad what I ended being left out since the folding@home system allowed to a duplicated user name exist between me and another person... just change my folding user, bad to loose the credits, but the WUs results are going to be put in a good use anywa.

it's a shame that the passkeys took a couple weeks for some people to get

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Shigeru said:

that is  why you use passkey

Just now, TVwazhere said:

passkey bonus? what's that

Primary PC:

Just now, TVwazhere said:

it is looking like that has been increased to 20WUs btw, not seen anything official though, just peoples experience 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Fasauceome said:

passkey bonus? what's that

you get less points if you don't have passkey

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

it is looking like that has been increased to 20WUs btw, not seen anything official though, just peoples experience 

I got mine on the 11th WU after joining the LTT team and adding a passkey a few days ago. FWIW.

Just now, efka112 said:

you get less points if you don't have passkey

I mostly just want the PC to be a workhorse, not too interested in the points. It's a great machine for folding. More WU = better.

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, efka112 said:

that is  why you use passkey

unfortunately even with a passkey this seems to be a problem, most likely related to the fact that the stats servers are so overworked right now.

But please, seriously guys, just make up something unique, it will be so helpful in the long run!!!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

came back from lunch and very happy to see this.

image.thumb.png.6b92ee3cf12ec75be7df9ff39b32aea3.png

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

unfortunately even with a passkey this seems to be a problem, most likely related to the fact that the stats servers are so overworked right now.

But please, seriously guys, just make up something unique, it will be so helpful in the long run!!!

Yeah, didnt considered that... now my new one should be unique enough, I was just giving for granted some kind of automated verification.