LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

4 minutes ago, TheDude92 said:

My CPU and GPU have stayed pretty busy for a couple days. GPU is the only one out of WU's at the moment.

here to. GPU sometimes takes 10min to get a new one but thats ok

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

This forum really does not like me right about now...

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, Metallus97 said:

here to. GPU sometimes takes 10min to get a new one but thats ok

As soon as I post about it, it picks one up again. WOOT

A Mazda on its roof goes WOOZ WOOZ.

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

This forum really does not like me right about now...

why?

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

1 minute ago, The King of the Undead said:

why?

Trying to post the lists for the sign ups be like

image.png.851a7cd3aa7f522337d393888fde44a8.png

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Trying to post the lists for the sign ups be like

Post them on something external and link to it.

Trying to view them is also a major pain when you post them on the forum. When I did yesterday expanding the spoiler froze Chrome completely for a good 30 seconds and the tab was at 500+MB RAM. Pretty sure some people can't even load them at all.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

Post them on something external and link to it.

Trying to view them is also a major pain when you post them on the forum. When I did yesterday expanding the spoiler froze Chrome completely for a good 30 seconds.

That may be the way forward but atm I'm just trying to get the list up.

Will prob generate a google sheet for the posts in future 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Here we go, finally the blog is up!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

46 minutes ago, Waikano said:

So a lot of the charts people are posting show LTT at the top, or there abouts, but on Folding at home it shows Curecoin!! Who the heck are they?

https://stats.foldingathome.org/teams

I can probably answer this since I was previously folding on their team for the crypto. It's a cryptocurrency based on Folding rather than mining. The boinc version of crypto mining is Gridcoin.

https://curecoin.net/

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Update time!!!

image.thumb.png.a91362108fdf799920b9607f24afb43e.png

We are now 5th place!!!

image.thumb.png.0af2932b597b4b900dfb84e9d03960a3.png

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

19 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

I had the same thing happen to me!

When I built my system initially, I went with a Corsair H110iGT AIO cooler, reviews claimed it was amazing, and "oh so silent", and I went with the NZXT H440 chassis because it was apparently good at being silent also.

Turned out both were mediocre at best. The case was a hotbox; and cooler unless set to silent was like a hair dryer. I also tried remedying it with Noctua PPC fans to help temps.
Eventually the pump died, and I switched to a Noctua D15s, and Phanteks Enthoo Luxe chassis. Everything set to low, and at most you get a light hum during project work, or folding from it.

Ram is always a pain, I got RAM when it first launched and price...oh god, nearly as much as the mobo and CPU combined.
Screenshot_953.png.72becbb0ebbffca17452430051f66e3d.png

Speaking of 3900X, are you folding with it? What are the temps like?

LOL same case I went with, NZXT H440 because it was "so quiet" sure, until the fans ramped up to deal with the heat...and for me the cable management and everything was a nightmare (it has 7 hard drive bays, I have ZERO idea how anyone is putting 7 HDDs in there, I struggled to get my 4 HDDs in there and the airflow obstruction was absurd..) 

My ram this time only hurts because i spent a lot to get 3600 CL16 over the CL18 and i cant do 3600 at CL16 because its unstable and have had to settle on 3400 at CL16. 

My 3900x with the H115i Platinum is pretty good temp wise when folding, about 72 degrees last time i got a folding load. My 680X is virtually silent compared to that H440 despite being filled to the brim with fans

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

Just now, ssgtob1 said:

You beat me to it

That I did! 

Good try though!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

would folding be a good benchmark for OC'ing?

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Update time!!!

We are now 5th place!!!

Now, only an estimated 20.9 hours till 4th place.

Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

Now, only an estimated 20.9 hours till 4th place.

we will hit that in a few updates, much less than 20 hours 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 hour ago, Shlouski said:

My wife told me because of the quarantine I had time to get some jobs done around the house, this might not be what she had in mind 😆 

OMG the middle card will be so hot... Go and get a riser....

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

we will hit that in a few updates, much less than 20 hours 

It's amazing to see us chew through teams that were listed at months to years a few weeks ago.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

41 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

im on 7/7!!! Woop!!!

I feel lucky... 4/4 now...

TBH... it needs quite a bit baby-sitting to keep those busy... "pause/fold/pause/fold/pause/fold/pause/fold/" etc... 😂

🇫🇮 Regular ol folder´s Stats... What Event 🤪                            

Main PC: 8700K & MSI 2080Ti Seahawk

Utility PC: Threadripper 1920x & MSI 2080 Seahawk

Dedicated to the Fold: i7 2600K & MSI 1080Ti OC Armor

...good to be back to folding...   🇫🇮

Welp. 1+ hr with no work on the remote PC, time for a restart.

Just now, LU0P10 said:

I feel lucky... 4/4 now...

TBH... it needs quite a bit baby-sitting to keep those busy... "pause/fold/pause/fold/pause/fold/pause/fold/" etc... 😂

I don't even bother... It just does it's thing for me 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I don't even bother... It just does it's thing for me 

If it stops getting any i pause for a while and usually go off to play some games or something..

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

5 minutes ago, The King of the Undead said:

would folding be a good benchmark for OC'ing?

No, as Folding WU workloads are not consistent like a benchmark is. For example, Core 22 work units are more taxing than Core 21 but offer more PPD. My current Overclocks on my cards were for Core 21's so I have to monitor them closely to see how they handle Core 22's. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25